• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dynheart

Chris Osgood..wow!

Rate this topic

Dude rivals Brodeur for clutchest goalie of the modern age, he'll probably be above him should he win the Cup this year. He'll be a hall of famer when he retires in 2 years or so time.

...the same Brodeur who let in 2 goals in the last 2 minutes of Game 7 against the Canes?

I never doubted him during the regular season. Not once. Chicago will be tough though, it will be a real test of the Detroit D and goaltending. Datysuk and Hossa hopefully will be lights out!

Who has two thumbs and didn't doubt Ozzie during the regular season?

<---- this guy

Always had Osgood's back.

Favorite Red Wing all time.

Gee, and at one time during the season I had "I still believe in Chris Osgood" as my sig line.

Guess what? I still do!

Way to go, Oz. You're the Man!

There were very few of us on here that backed Ozzy all season and believed in him. Its nice to be one of the few and then see the guy to as great as we knew he would. Way to go Ozzy! :clap: :clap:

Ozzie is effin' great. Sometimes bad seasons happen to players, but all Ozzie does is win for us. IMO he was totally the star of lastnights game and he's played his ass off this entire post season. I'm sure it won't, but this post season should shut the mouths of all his detractors.

Love your goalie!

Little known fact: Osgood doesn't have blood in his veins. It's actually ice.

No no no... it's supercooled alcohol. He's good down to -125F, if I remember correctly.

As for the HoF, no way can they keep him out, especially if there are 8 more wins this year. He's been called "the worst goalie to win 2 Stanley Cups", "the worst goalie to win three Stanley Cups", and if they win this year... how many goalies even have 4 Cups?

#10- wins amongst all goaltenders.

#1- Red Wing playoff wins

#2- Red Wing regular season wins

#7- Red Wing playoff GAA

#7- all-time playoff GAA (50+ games)

#10- playoff wins amongst all goaltenders

#7- all-time, playoff saves

#9- all-time, playoff save percentage (50+ games)

#6- all-time, playoff shutouts

#11- all-time, playoff time-on-ice

#10- all-time, playoff wins (8 wins have him in #8)

#12- all-time, overtime wins

#15- all-time, regular season saves

#23- all-time, regular season shutouts

#20- all-time, regular season time-on-ice

2 Jennings Trophies

3 Stanley Cups.

No way can they keep him out.

Stats courtesy the NHL's website.

This is to all the haters during the regular season that were consistently on my nuts for supporting Ozzie and laughing at my suggestion he would be a beast in the playoffs:

feac59e7.jpg

That out of the way, welcome to the bandwagon ;)

Last night during a PK, Ozzie made a kick save and I almost burst into tears. But then I am a big dork. I think it is important our opponents keep underestimating him.

The dude is clutch, nobody can bash that. Or wait..

Yes I think he did outplay Hiller last night, that was a monster performance.

Loved that save he made in the first, I had to rewind my DVR and watch that one again. And then watch the whole thing again in the morning lol...

Indeed, Ozzie is of the old "swat the puck away" school of thinking as opposed to Hiller's usual "swallow it up" technique. The important part is that since he got his confidence back he's been able to abandon "technique" and just stop the puck however possible, which leads to some goalmouth scrambles and some iffy moments but ultimately has given the Wings a chance to win so far this postseason.

this is a joke right? hiller only swallowed up the shots right to his chest or glove, much like any goalie would do. hiller is not a top notch goalie his stats would suggest IMO. he gave up many more rebounds than ozzie, and if the shot was hard enough had to jump on it or rely on the defense to clear it out (ie bail him out)

Guest Shoreline

Some of us believed in Ozzie all along.

Gotta love rubbing it in the faces of haters and doubters. :D

This is to all the haters during the regular season that were consistently on my nuts for supporting Ozzie and laughing at my suggestion he would be a beast in the playoffs:

feac59e7.jpg

It wasn't right to ask more from Osgood???

It wasn't right to ask more from Osgood???

It wasn't the asking more of Ozzy it was the Ozzy sucks, worst goalie, won't make it past the first round with him in net, etc. and the constant mocking (head in the sand, don't understand hockey, etc.) of those of us who said he would be great come playoff time. That is what he was talking about (and lots of that went on) not the Ozzy is a good goalie but playing badly and needs to play better crowd.

Here are a couple of examples of those threads

Here

Here

and

Here

Guest Shoreline

feac59e7.jpg

:lol:

:thumbup:

So far Ozzie's one of the biggest reasons this series has gone to the WCF. A far cry from the people who suggested this team can't do s*** with him in the playoffs. He's outright giving the Wings a chance to win. The people who were doubting he'd step it up in the playoffs either just started watching hockey this season or are far too neurotic/knee-jerk to look at the bigger picture surrounding Ozzie and ******* relax.

No no no... it's supercooled alcohol. He's good down to -125F, if I remember correctly.

As for the HoF, no way can they keep him out, especially if there are 8 more wins this year. He's been called "the worst goalie to win 2 Stanley Cups", "the worst goalie to win three Stanley Cups", and if they win this year... how many goalies even have 4 Cups?

#10- wins amongst all goaltenders.

#1- Red Wing playoff wins

#2- Red Wing regular season wins

#7- Red Wing playoff GAA

#7- all-time playoff GAA (50+ games)

#10- playoff wins amongst all goaltenders

#7- all-time, playoff saves

#9- all-time, playoff save percentage (50+ games)

#6- all-time, playoff shutouts

#11- all-time, playoff time-on-ice

#10- all-time, playoff wins (8 wins have him in #8)

#12- all-time, overtime wins

#15- all-time, regular season saves

#23- all-time, regular season shutouts

#20- all-time, regular season time-on-ice

2 Jennings Trophies

3 Stanley Cups.

Nice pull. With all due respect to Z, I felt like he should've had a Conn Smythe too.

I for one am f-ing sick of those who say that Ozzie is a beneficiary of the team in front of him. What all-time great goalie--hell, what all-time great player--DIDN'T have a great team in front of him?

* Sawchuk during his best years had the Production Line, Red Kelly, etc.

* Brodeur had the inventors of the trap.

* Plante had the only team to ever win 5 Cups in a row. Richard, Beliveau and tons more HOFers.

* Dryden? More of the same. LaFleur, Shutt, Robinson...

* Roy spent half of his career with the stacked Avs team that battled us for league domination from the mid-90s until 2002. He gets a lot of deserved credit for elevating the Habs before that, but still, those guys weren't exactly chopped liver either.

* Hasek...well, there's a reason I think he's the best ever. He's pretty much the exception.

Ozzie's HOF. End of discussion.

Bleh. I was hoping for osgood to struggle last night....

well, he didnt... to say the least haha. Gaining Respect for the guy

Ozzie is a playoff goalie, to say the least. I think it's something about the pressure that gets him going. The team in front of him DOES help.. but he's a fairly good goalie on his own as well.

If it were the regular season, you guys would've pelted pucks into the net left and right.

Some of us believed in Ozzie all along.

Gotta love rubbing it in the faces of haters and doubters. :D

Hahahaha. I remember people telling me that I'm wearing my homer glasses because I supported Osgood all through the regular season.

That was fun.

Ozzie is a playoff goalie, to say the least. I think it's something about the pressure that gets him going. The team in front of him DOES help.. but he's a fairly good goalie on his own as well.

If it were the regular season, you guys would've pelted pucks into the net left and right.

Duh, after winning 3 cups, the regular season is boring; just something to get you into the playoffs.

Ozzie is bored by the regular season. When the playoffs come, he actually starts to put his heart into it.

IMO Ozzie should one-up Ward and put his 3 cups on his helmet like Ward has his one cup on there.

Just because I think Ward is a wee bit arrogant.

I'm posting in this thread just because I don't want this point to be taken for granted. It was BY NO MEANS a foregone conclusion that we would get good, or even passable, goaltending this postseason. Our regular season goaltending was TERRIBLE. Even if he's done it before, what Osgood is doing this playoff run is nothing short of amazing. To look at old highlights from 1993-94 (the loss to San Jose) and to think that was about 15 years ago, and this is the SAME GUY still leading us to the Playoffs in 2009 is unfathomable.

And if you think about all of the "replacements", like Vernon, Hasek, Essensa, Ranford, Joesph, etc. that we've used in the meantime, and how many times the fairweather fans in this town pissed all over him (and ran him out of town in 2001), and how different today's game is than the game in 1993, it's even more remarkable that he's back and better than ever.

Fairness in Conversation Act: Ozzie has only "won" 2 Stanley Cups as far as the Hall of Fame would be concerned...1997 belonged to Vernon. Though it certainly helps his cause that he basically relegated Dominik Hasek to the BENCH in 2008 to get his second Cup, even if Dom was significantly older at that point. To say that he "won" the 1997 Cup is kinda like saying Jamie Pushor won a Cup, or any of the backups for Grant Fuhr when the Oilers were winning in the 80's.

But I do think he's a Hall of Famer. Critics will say that he's a product of the system, but that same "system" failed to win Cups with other well-established goaltenders. Also, if you look at the 2003-04 season with the Blues (plus the 1st Islanders season), he was actually a pretty solid goaltender for some pretty mediocre teams. But irrespective of all that, it's kinda like the Kurt Warner effect. He had moderate Hall credentials up to the point where everyone said he was washed up. But after he came back from that and restored his former glory, you put it altogehter and it's a pretty convincing case to enshrine him in Toronto. Plus, the Hockey Hall of Fame is arguably the least selective of all the Hall of Fames anyway.