• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ms_Hockey

Awesome NHLtv commercial.

Rate this topic

Sorry if this is the wrong forum (didn't know where to put it). I think this is one of the biggest advantages to having professional sports. Just knowing what these guys do for charities astounds me.

Here you have it.

Edited by Ms_Hockey

What? No Crosby scoring?

Come on you are dragging down the spirit of the commercial by putting that crap in here. Save that for the next time we come up against them in the playoffs.

I love that commercial :)

I do too. I personally found it really touching.

I know every sports venue does this kind of thing.. but I really think hockey players are of their own kind. Just amazing people, for the most part.

Over the years i've known college and pro football players and basketball players and hockey players.

The hockey players are by far the most appreciative of their place in society, and their good fortune. They are greatful to be where they are and seem to have a better understanding of the world around them.

While it has a lot to do with respecting the traditions and history of hockey, I think it also has something to do with hockey being a bit of a background sport at the school age levels. A high school kid that is a big hockey stud will not get near the attention that the big football or basketball stud will. And thats a good thing.

The few retired NHLers that i know are all anxious to "give back" and they do all the time.