• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RyanK

On the Chicago Boards

Rate this topic

One of the things Detroit does well is use pressure. That is probably their most important part of their game as it sets up great offensive chances and it allows the defense to be below average. That is where the Hawks need to attack. They have more athleticism than Detroit and can probably do a good job limiting Detroit's chances. Once a team can maintain the puck in the offensive zone, Detroit becomes beatable. As others have said, it is important to get the pucks to the net. Park Byfuglien in front of the net and cash in.

So, having 2 of the greatest defensemen in the NHL is below average eh?

Well, the funny part is that reading through their boards it seems they have some realistic fans. Most of them seem to agree with this article.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/7959...nhl_article.tpl

Here's another one I found really amusing.

Why be nervous....?

I like to look at things like we're guaranteed a Medal already. So in my book no matter what happens... we've already won!

Gold Medal = Lord Stanley's Cup ofcourse! (Holy Crap!!)

Silver Medal = Beat Detroit but Lose in the Cup Finals

or Bronze Medal = Lose to Detoilet (argg..) but still be happy for all the wealth of play-offs experience and growth that we have EARNED for our future.

LETS-GO-HAWKS!!!!!

So apparently even LOOSING to us makes them winners! We really do get in peoples heads and infect them with madness.

GO WINGS

Hawks has every right to be happy about being in the Conference Finals. They have a very solid, fast, and young team. They had an excellent year and turned it up a notch against other teams when trailing in thr 3rd.

Of course the obligatory:

If we can score the most goals in the playoffs on Kipper and Luongo, we'll score a TON on Osgood as well..but if Vancouver can score that much on Khabi the Wings will score a TON on us...I expect a lot of 5-4, 6-5 type games..should be a very entertaining series..

I swear... Osgood is like the Keyser Soze of the NHL.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

Edited by Broken 16

I swear... Osgood is like the Kaiser Soze of the NHL.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist."

exactly... he just never gets the credit he deserves... he has been stellar

Here's another one I found really amusing.

So apparently even LOOSING to us makes them winners! We really do get in peoples heads and infect them with madness.

As opposed to tightening to us?

Well, the Hawks have already knocked off a team on their home ice and exceeded seed expectations, not to mention exceeded expectations by being seeded as high as they are. It's their first playoff run in ages. Why shouldn't they feel like the season is a success even if they "loose"?

Whoa. I'm what you call a hockey fan. This means I dont feel like I have to slobber and drool over other teams and "give them their proper dues". Only MY team. F everyone else. If you want to have a chicago blackhawks lovefest go join their boards, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear "wings fans" talk about how great they are and how great it is to see such a young and talented team doing well in the playoffs. That whole line of thought went out the window last night at about 9:40 when they became our next target.

F the blackhawks.. I hope they go down in FLAMES (and by that of course I mean I hope we sweep them and make their fans cry)

The quote in the OP is not saying Detroit has below average defense. It's saying that Detroit's offensive pressure and puck control allows Detroit to get away with poor defensive play from time to time.

Furthermore, Chicago has every right to be happy with just making the Conference Finals and it has nothing to do with Detroit being amazing. Chicago hasn't been in the playoffs for years and nobody gave their team a chance to go very deep with such a young roster. Regardless of the series outcome, the Blackhawks are going through a learning experience and guys like Toews, Kane, and Versteeg are going to emerge as better players next year because of it.

As opposed to tightening to us?

Well, the Hawks have already knocked off a team on their home ice and exceeded seed expectations, not to mention exceeded expectations by being seeded as high as they are. It's their first playoff run in ages. Why shouldn't they feel like the season is a success even if they "loose"?

Ya I can't quite get what he was after. Loosing a game, letting it slip through our fingers? That's all I can come up with. Learn how to spell people.

So, having 2 of the greatest defensemen in the NHL is below average eh?

Well, the funny part is that reading through their boards it seems they have some realistic fans. Most of them seem to agree with this article.

http://www.versus.com/nw/article/view/7959...nhl_article.tpl

Well, to be fair, when the Ducks first line was in our zone, we had the hardest time just getting it out. I couldn't breath anytime they were on the ice because non of our defensmen or forwards could contain them.

The Hawks don't have a Getzlaf but they have a better offense all around. From top to bottom they can skate and score and have some big bodies too.

I don't expect this series to be a cake walk. But it's ironic this poster brings up our 'average' defense. It's Chicago's defense that they should be weary of. Campbell eats up a lot of minutes and he's probably the worst defensman (defensively) in this series.

At any rate, I can't wait for this series to start. It's going to be great hockey. Both teams like to skate and push the play. The Ducks are death to the eyes. SOOOO boring. It'll be a nice change to play a team that actually wants to cross the redline when not on a PP.

Look I'm just saying, no one should be allowed to feel like a winner for "losing". STFU. Do you want to go and call Anahymen winners at this point? Oh great anahiem they did so well against us, they're so talented, blah blah blah. They're LOSERS.

I don't understand the love fest thats taking place on our boards right now. If we absolutely destroy them with like 3-4 goal wins in 4 out of 4 games, it will feel really good. Obviously you're not a winner after you've had your ass handed to you like that. I hope we sweep them, make them look stupid, and make the 60% of their fans who are bandwagoners abandon their team. Complete and total destruction of their spirits.... and nothing less.

Look I'm just saying, no one should be allowed to feel like a winner for "losing". STFU. Do you want to go and call Anahymen winners at this point? Oh great anahiem they did so well against us, they're so talented, blah blah blah. They're LOSERS.

I don't understand the love fest thats taking place on our boards right now. If we absolutely destroy them with like 3-4 goal wins in 4 out of 4 games, it will feel really good. Obviously you're not a winner after you've had your ass handed to you like that. I hope we sweep them, make them look stupid, and make the 60% of their fans who are bandwagoners abandon their team. Complete and total destruction of their spirits.... and nothing less.

You're either very young or very dumb. My money is on very young.

Whoa. I'm what you call a hockey fan. This means I dont feel like I have to slobber and drool over other teams and "give them their proper dues". Only MY team. F everyone else.

Then why are you complaining that a bunch of Blackhawks fans won't give us any credit? Are you expecting them to?

It is called a positive attitude. Hawks have every right to be happy for what they have accomplished.

STFU? Don't mind if you do...

big_cup_of_STFU.jpg

Chicago fans have every right to feel great about this season, even if the Wings destroy them in this round (which is not by any stretch guaranteed). It's almost as if they haven't had a franchise for the past decade because of horrible management by the late owner Wirtz. It's almost as if they got an expansion team this year loaded with young skill guys. If I was a Chicago fan I'd be pleased as piss about this season regardless of what happens this round. Imagine if the Detroit Lions all of suddenly made the NFC Championship game this year... THAT is what it's like for Blackhawk fans.

Actually, I have a rule of thumb for my sports fandom anyways. I say that I as a fan cannot expect anything more from my favorite teams beyond being in the Final 4 of the league. I don't expect championships every year, so just getting this far to me mean we had a successful season.

And about Hawks fans looking at this team... well, if you look at any regular season stats, you can see that the Wings defensive game was below average. Clearly, it's been a hell of a lot better in the playoffs. Both teams should expect to be challenged defensively from these two potent offenses.

I'm assuming your finding those threads from the 'official site' boards. That's where your much more apt to find generalizations, misconceptions, & basic ill-equiped opinions on what will transpire. It's probably not much different fromt he 'official' Wings board.

I think you get a much better read of fans honest opinions, backed up with logic, reason, & intelligent debade on the secondary type forums.

I swear... Osgood is like the Keyser Soze of the NHL.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."

I laughed so hard I almost peed myself.

Sure, 27 is young, I feel good and healthy, but not "very" young.

To the other guy, did I make it sound like I was complaining about them not giving us any credit? If it came across that way that certainly wasn't my intention. I was simply shining a light on their ignorance of the game. Calling Nick Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski below average is just plain stupid, either that or wishful thinking. I watched a few of the games they played since the start of the playoffs and I would argue that it is in fact their defense that is subpar. We just faced shockingly impressive defense with Anahiem and we still managed to win the series. I believe given the solid statistics that we know, we will make short work of Chicago.

As far as my die hard desire to watch the Wings succeed, well, it obviously comes at the expense of other teams. I have TONS of heart, but I only give it to my own home team. Apparently this makes me immature because I wont shake hands with chris pronger or rick nash. To each his own. When the wings loose in the playoffs theres a 50/50 chance that something around me is getting broken. One thing you'll never hear from me is in a ***** whimper is "well, it's been a good run guys". No no.. I'm pissed. I'm the guy who wanted Downey and McCarty dressed just to play the first 5 minutes of game 7 last night. I wanted Perry and Niedermayer left bloodied on the ice after that performace after the end of game 6. Hockey is a violent game, and I'm sick of Gary Bettmans' "new fans" trying to take that away from me.

No mercy, and no respect, like the Probert / Kocur days. Those were the good old days that some of you pretend to relate to when you hear Mickey Redmond utter the phrase. The Gordie Howe Hat Trick wasn't a goal, and assist, and a sportsman like pat on the back of his opponent.

Sure, 27 is young, I feel good and healthy, but not "very" young.

To the other guy, did I make it sound like I was complaining about them not giving us any credit? If it came across that way that certainly wasn't my intention. I was simply shining a light on their ignorance of the game. Calling Nick Lidstrom and Brian Rafalski below average is just plain stupid, either that or wishful thinking. I watched a few of the games they played since the start of the playoffs and I would argue that it is in fact their defense that is subpar. We just faced shockingly impressive defense with Anahiem and we still managed to win the series. I believe given the solid statistics that we know, we will make short work of Chicago.

As far as my die hard desire to watch the Wings succeed, well, it obviously comes at the expense of other teams. I have TONS of heart, but I only give it to my own home team. Apparently this makes me immature because I wont shake hands with chris pronger or rick nash. To each his own. When the wings loose in the playoffs theres a 50/50 chance that something around me is getting broken. One thing you'll never hear from me is in a ***** whimper is "well, it's been a good run guys". No no.. I'm pissed. I'm the guy who wanted Downey and McCarty dressed just to play the first 5 minutes of game 7 last night. I wanted Perry and Niedermayer left bloodied on the ice after that performace after the end of game 6. Hockey is a violent game, and I'm sick of Gary Bettmans' "new fans" trying to take that away from me.

No mercy, and no respect, like the Probert / Kocur days. Those were the good old days that some of you pretend to relate to when you hear Mickey Redmond utter the phrase. The Gordie Howe Hat Trick wasn't a goal, and assist, and a sportsman like pat on the back of his opponent.

Tell me this, how many Stanley Cups did we win when Kocur and Probert played together on the team at the same time?

Whoa. I'm what you call a hockey fan. This means I dont feel like I have to slobber and drool over other teams and "give them their proper dues". Only MY team. F everyone else. If you want to have a chicago blackhawks lovefest go join their boards, I'm sure they'll be happy to hear "wings fans" talk about how great they are and how great it is to see such a young and talented team doing well in the playoffs. That whole line of thought went out the window last night at about 9:40 when they became our next target.

F the blackhawks.. I hope they go down in FLAMES (and by that of course I mean I hope we sweep them and make their fans cry)

Agree, the Blackhawks aren't our friends...I hope they get destroyed.

Hoping the Hawks get destroyed is not equivalent to failing at basic reading comprehension and acting like an ass towards other teams.

I hope we win every game 35-0, but Chicago still deserves respect for getting to the third round considering the misery that franchise has suffered through in the last 10 (48, really) years. And, like I said before, the quote in the OP is not saying Detroit's defense is below average; it's saying that our puck control and offensive abilities are so good that our defense can be below average and Detroit could still win.

I don't know how some of you guys do it, but man is it baffling to see someone suffering a superiority complex and an inferiority complex simultaneously.

Edited by nkuehnl

Guest MrSandMan

Chicago fans should be ESTATIC! Their team has finally made it to the playoffs. They should be happy that they finally made it to the Playoffs.

Here in Detroit, making the playoffs is just the norm. We expect it. But for teams like Chi-Town, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, they should be joyous.

I like what I was hearing on 97.1 a little while ago. Everything chicago now sucks and isn't worth our acknowledgements. For instance, I love pizzapopslis style pizzas, you know, those deep ones with everything in the middle, those are called pizzapopalis style. Hotdogs loaded with toppings are now just "a detroit dog with everything".. lol. Buddy Guy's song is now Sweet Home Hamtramck.

This is what I'm talking about. Chicago can SUCK IT. You holier than thou people make me sick. This is what this time of year is all about as hockey fans, turning entire geographic sectors of North America against each other. Team vs team, fan vs fan. Take your soft asses over to tennis and golf. This is brutal.

Go over to Anahiem and Chicagos message boards and look at the comments about Detroit. From out s***ty cars to our unemployment rate, to our ghetto city abandoned skyscrapers. LOL! It's all good, they've got *** marriage and ugh.. obama.

>=)