• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Antilles328

Western Conference Semifinal MVP?

Rate this topic

Ozzy -

The games were so tight that without him staying awake and making the big saves when he did, the balance would definitely have swayed. The Ducks didnt get a ton of shots in the series, but they sure did get a lot of high quality chances out of the ones they did.

Edited by kook_10

Ozzie is a solid choice but I never feel like he steals games. He hasn't really lost us any games either.

Wings win if they score 3 or more and Ozzie will keep out just enough to win.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Osgood was awesome in Game 7 and good in all of the other games. He gave us a chance every night but there were some iffy goals, too.

Ozzie's in my top 3, but Franzen was probably the MVP because of his ability to put us on the scoreboard so many times when it looked like Detroit wasn't going to score anything. Zetterberg rounds out the top 3 because he was ridiculous at both ends of the ice.

Ozzie is a solid choice but I never feel like he steals games. He hasn't really lost us any games either.

Very well stated. I agree 100%.

Getzlaf. This isn't a series without him. In the two games he was sick (or whatever was going on) the Ducks weren't close. I understand he's unpopular here, but Getzlaf is a hell of a player.

I can't argue against that either. Without Getzlaf this series is a sweep for the Wings where as you take away any single Red Wing and while impactful, it wouldn't have been catastrophic. I wouldn't have a problem with Getzlaf getting it. He can set the award next to him in his golf cart.

You have a point, though I do think he stole a game early on in this series, I can't recall which game it was, though. But with close games in all but two games, we can't undervalue what Ozzie did for us. If he had been even slightly underperforming we'd be toast.

I would also have to go with the Mule.

However I feel that Helm should be thought of as well. He scored 2 HUGE goals, and I dont think anyone else on either team put in more effort every single shift

true helm was a beast, but to be fair all goals in the playoffs are huge

Guest micah

Any one of Gets, Hiller, Franzen, or Osgood. Can't really argue against any of them.

I can't argue against that either. Without Getzlaf this series is a sweep for the Wings where as you take away any single Red Wing and while impactful, it wouldn't have been catastrophic. I wouldn't have a problem with Getzlaf getting it. He can set the award next to him in his golf cart.

If you are going to give the WCSF MVP it really should be Hiller. W/O him, the series is over in 5 games even with Getzlaf's line killing us. He played UNBELIEVABLE and only b/c of our offensive depth were we able to overcome him. PERIOD.

With that stated, I'd rather pick a winner for an MVP. W/O Franzen we are golfing now. Then as everyone else has stated, Lids, Ozzy and Zetterberg have been very important for us.

Tough one indeed. I want to pick both Franzen and Ozzie. They both were the most consistent players in the series, but I'll go with the Mule. Ozzie sure saved the Wings arse in Game 7 though.

Edited by aflac9262