• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RyanK

Eddie Olczyk

Rate this topic

and I quote. "Look at the Detroit Red Wings, for me, this is the model franchise in all of sports, if I was involved in sports I would emulate everything the Detroit Red Wings do on a daily basis."

WELL WELL WELL.

Finally some real props from the national guys.

Guest Shoreline

Can Eddie Olczyk emulate doing radio only broadcasts and staying away from NBC/Versus? Thanks.

edzo said something very similar to this on the broadcast of the winter classic. he annoys me at times as much as the next guy, but that's probably because he actually calls the wings out when they f*** up and points out when a bad call or non-call goes against the team we're playing. i honestly think he calls it like he sees it most of the time...though if he's calling the chicago series that will probably be a different story.

and I quote. "Look at the Detroit Red Wings, for me, this is the model franchise in all of sports, if I was involved in sports I would emulate everything the Detroit Red Wings do on a daily basis."

WELL WELL WELL.

Finally some real props from the national guys.

Sure, he says it here... but what about when he's the PXP guy for the 'Hawks when they're NOT playing against the Wings?

He was ripping the Wings apart. ...and drooling over the 'Hawks more than NFL's John Madden does over Brett Favre. <_<

It happened more than once during the regular season while I was channel surfing Center Ice.

I used to hate him til he started doing all the Hawk games and listened a lot, as much as I hate his little catch phrase he's a very good analyst. If he sounds biased towards the Hawks in this series it probably has more to do with the fact that he's seen them ALOT more this year than the Wings and he just knows the team better. The guy really isn't a Hawk fan or a fan of any one team.

Pat Foley on the other hand, our legendary play-by-play, is one of the greatest Hawk fans ever.

as much as I hate his little catch phrase

What's his catch phrase? I know he says "if you wanna score goals, get to the front of the net!" at least 17 times during every game he does...was it that or something else that I've missed to this point?

What's his catch phrase? I know he says "if you wanna score goals, get to the front of the net!" at least 17 times during every game he does...was it that or something else that I've missed to this point?

I don't know if he does this on the national broadcasts, but every time they show a replay, he let's the tape roll then YELLS "STOP IT RIGHT HERE!!!!" and then proceeds to draw a bunch of arrows and circles.

Honestly, the analysis is good but every time I hear "STOP I RIGHT HERE" that's exactly what I want him to do.

Of course we are the model franchise. There is not much of an argument you could really have against it.

except that we're divers, obstruct players, cheat at faceoffs, and have an NHL conspiracy on our side.. <_<

yea he seems like a pretty knowledgable hockey man and tells it like it is

I remember game 5 last year against pitt I had seats at center ice two rows from the back so I was right below where eddie and doc sit broadcasting the game and when pavel hit the crossbar on a sweet shot everyone was cheering and yelling for a goal and I remember looking back up at him and he was shaking his head telling all the people in the crowd it hit the bar which I thought was a really nice thing to do because when you are at the game you are sometimes left in the dark for a little bit until it comes up on the jumbotron

I've heard Eddie O. say that at least a half dozen times. At least. It seems like every time he's on XM 204 he comments on the Red Wings being the best franchise in the NHL. He's said it on NBC/Versus before, too.

I used to hate him til he started doing all the Hawk games and listened a lot, as much as I hate his little catch phrase he's a very good analyst. If he sounds biased towards the Hawks in this series it probably has more to do with the fact that he's seen them ALOT more this year than the Wings and he just knows the team better. The guy really isn't a Hawk fan or a fan of any one team.

Pat Foley on the other hand, our legendary play-by-play, is one of the greatest Hawk fans ever.

He must have some bias towards them considering he played for them for 5 seasons, played for the Chicago Wolves for a season, and he is from Chicago. There is got to be a reason that he joined the black hawks broadcast rather than any other team.