• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
j.hoop

anyone have stuarts hit on salami?

Rate this topic

i like the hit, he did deserve the 2 mins for salami not having the puck, but what made him bleed? from the angle in the video, cant tell. good hit in my opinion, and very far off from the brown hit.

found it too , teemu got ******* rocked

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" /> Edited by j.hoop

i like the hit, he did deserve the 2 mins for salami not having the puck, but what made him bleed? from the angle in the video, cant tell. good hit in my opinion, and very far off from the brown hit.

I guess his visor cut him, it has happened to other players too

im going to guess it was his own visor that caused the knick on his nose.

Selanne's visor cut him. I was surprised when the Joe booed an injured player getting off the ice though. Playoff emotions run high indeed!

Glad nobody was hurt in this series. It was rough and tumble and fun, but at the end of the day, these guys are just doing their jobs.

20090515_teukka_jk.gif

LOL LOL LOL

Indeed! Best picture ever!

Oh and BTW, you guys getting down on me over in my "On Chicago Boards" thread.. these guys behind the glass in this picture.... "REAL FANS"

Real fans? Not one of them is drinking a beer. I cannot support that.

esteef

Real fans? Not one of them is drinking a beer. I cannot support that.

esteef

I like to imagine that they al dropped them in the sheer excitement of seeing salami laying on the ice like that. Look at their faces, they're SO happy! God it's good to see real hockey fans can afford to go to the Joe again. The corporate types would never have thrown down their cups of Dom P to point and laugh at an injured player. LOL!

I like to imagine that they al dropped them in the sheer excitement of seeing salami laying on the ice like that. Look at their faces, they're SO happy! God it's good to see real hockey fans can afford to go to the Joe again. The corporate types would never have thrown down their cups of Dom P to point and laugh at an injured player. LOL!

Waste of a perfectly good beer IMO. In fact, it would've tasted better drinking it while watching Selanne writhe in pain.

esteef

I don't know, it bugs me that Detroit fans can't cheer their team on without being drunk.

No no, they can. It's just so much louder and more belligerent with a little booze thats all. The way we like it. I have to believe these guys are probably just in between beers because of how amused they are with salami's injury. I mean, lord knows I'll point and laugh without any help from old budweiser, but I find that most others arent like me. These guys are probably drunk already.

I don't know, it bugs me that Detroit fans can't cheer their team on without being drunk.

Who said anything about "being drunk"? I'm just talking about drinkin' a few beers, not binging at the hockey game.

alcohol =/= evil

esteef

Who said anything about "being drunk"? I'm just talking about drinkin' a few beers, not binging at the hockey game.

alcohol =/= evil

esteef

Well, in my experience I cheer louder in my sobriety than most of the fans assembled there with beer in hand. If a person loves the team and wants to cheer them on to victory they shouldn't need a crutch.

Alcohol =/= good either. It's an amoral substance which can be used for good (cleaning, disinfecting) or ill based on the intentions of the user.

In the interest of not looking like a thread-jacker, the hit was interference, but it was a beauty. I maintain that the Wings hung with the Ducks in '07 despite the Ducks being the "tougher" team. Hudler's goal (and his "goalie interference" penalty) and Datsyuk's assist, along with Stuart's hit(s), showed that the Wings were in fact the tougher team. They drive the net in spite of a size disadvantage, they take the hit to make the play. By definition hockey ceases to be played between whistles, but when the game is on there is no tougher team than Detroit. Anyone who opposes their style as "weak, and European" is watching with their anti-homer glasses on.

Was that hit really that much after Selanne's pass? Often it seems like guys pass the puck then get hit. Whats the rule on this one or two seconds? It looked like a clean hit to me, he just got rocked but I still don't see how the visor cut him. Does it happen when the head snaps fast and the visor goes down while the head goes back?

Well, in my experience I cheer louder in my sobriety than most of the fans assembled there with beer in hand. If a person loves the team and wants to cheer them on to victory they shouldn't need a crutch.

Alcohol =/= good either. It's an amoral substance which can be used for good (cleaning, disinfecting) or ill based on the intentions of the user.

Crutch? What are you talking about? You're probably a blast at parties man.

BTW, I can't believe the first thing players do when they win the Cup is drink champagne and beer out of it. I mean, can't they enjoy winning without the "crutch"?

esteef