• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

I will lose major respect for Chicago fans if

Rate this topic

they chant "Sell More Cars" at the United Center. That is just not right for some city to make fun of another city/state where people are losing their houses, jobs and some people have actually been so depressed to hurt others or themselves.

Into this series, I hate the hawks, but respect them a great deal. I will lose all respect (mostly towards the fans) if they end up doing that.

I brought this up, because supposedly this won the best chant contest on Chicago radio.

Sorry just had to get this off my chest.

Edited by HockeytownRules19

they chant "Sell More Cars" at the United Center. That is just not right for some city to make fun of another city/state where people are losing their houses, jobs and some people have actually been so depressed to hurt others or themselves.

Into this series, I hate the hawks, but respect them a great deal. I will lose all respect if they end up doing that.

I brought this up, because supposedly this won the best chant contest on Chicago radio.

I heard that too. I completely agree. It has nothing to do with hockey and they should have a little bit more class.

Guest Shoreline

If they were to do it, then they would officially be of the same species as fans from Nashville. They could then mate with those from Nashville, and together can contribute even further to an already embarrassingly low country-wide IQ.

Edited by Shoreline

yeah that chant would for sure be classless but to be honest i won't be shocked if they do it. I was at the winter classic and when i went to the bathroom a guy was talking about pissing on me and another guy put a cigarette out on my jersey, so like i said that chant would just be normal for them. One thing about Chicago fans, they are spineless, the second they final of the WC was for sure, they stopped chirping and had nothing. I'm expecting the same when we win in 5.

Into this series, I hate the hawks, but respect them a great deal. I will lose all respect (mostly towards the fans) if they end up doing that.

Not all Chicago fans are that stupid, just a vocal majority of the Blackhawks fans. <_<

I remember a New york new jersey series when the ranger fans would yell out lets go rangers and the new jersey fans would echo back 1940, the buy more sell more cars back n forth thing would kinda be funny to hear but Id have to agree it would be in bad taste.

Why would you have respect for their fans to begin with?

Have you actually met those people?

My father is a Blackhawks fan. So yeah, I've met them. What's your point? I've met more douchebag Red Wings fans than I have douchebag fans of any other team. Does that mean I think all Wings fans are like those people? Nope.

My father is a Blackhawks fan. So yeah, I've met them. What's your point? I've met more douchebag Red Wings fans than I have douchebag fans of any other team. Does that mean I think all Wings fans are like those people? Nope.

Hawks fans are worse haters of the Wings than any other fans.

Seriously... it doesn't matter what some rude people say. What matters is that the Wings win this series and move on. This is a bitter old rivalry and it should always stay that way. It's nothing to get hypersensitive about... it's TRASH TALK...

Hawks fans are worse haters of the Wings than any other fans.

Of course they are, we're divisional rivals and the teams go waaaaaaaaaaay back. There's how many years of history between the two teams? How many younger Wings fans even know where the Octopus as our playoff mascot even comes from?

That doesn't meant that Hawks fans as a whole are bad people no more than Wings fans as a whole are bad people. I wish all sides would show some class and just root for their team to win rather than get hung up on stupid chants, dumb jokes and all that nonsense. "Let's Go Wings" should be all we need to say and all they need to hear.

Stay classy, Chicago. :thumbdown:

Indeed! Throwing a quarter and hitting Hawks equipment manager Troy Parchmen in the eye after the final regular season game in Detroit was a pretty classy thing to do for a coward Wings fan.

That said, I wouldn't get into that chant at all. I hate the Wings with all of my heart, but it's a game. People are losing everything there, and that's hurting the nation as a whole. As a strong union supporter, and a supporter of working people in general, I agree that the chant is lame.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just a chant and it's not derogatory. Sure they are picking on the city, but no fan base hates the Wings like Hawk fans do. I'm use to EVERY other fan base ripping on our economically-challenged city, this is no different. Build a bridge, cry a river, and get over this.