68 replies to this topic

#41 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (ChitownWingsfan @ May 15, 2009 - 08:17PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is absolutely no way I would not have filed some type of formal complaint or charges.

You're either rich or underestimate the power of money wink.gif
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#42 zata20

zata20

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Rivalred @ May 15, 2009 - 09:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jonas Hiller getting his ass kicked by Mr. Mickey

Thanks for that. Cracks me up everytime! laugh.gif

#43 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:03 PM

What an idiot. How could he possibly be mad?

#44 Rocket Queen 30

Rocket Queen 30

Bandwagon's full. Please catch another!

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (kook_10 @ May 15, 2009 - 09:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was determined to be a "hockey play" so no call was immediately made. presumably the league will review.

LMAO!
hip hip!

#45 teckaholic

teckaholic

TecKaHolic

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:36 PM

Why did it just come out now? That would of been released ASAP. We shall see. If he did do it, get him the hell out!
Best Current Rivalry in Hockey: Ducks vs. Red Wings!

#46 teckaholic

teckaholic

TecKaHolic

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:38 PM

**Update** FoxSportsOhio says the story was not true and investigating within the company. Wow that would suck for foxsports to report a bad story and also catch it.
Best Current Rivalry in Hockey: Ducks vs. Red Wings!

#47 C-TownWing

C-TownWing

Little Ball of Hate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (teckaholic @ May 15, 2009 - 11:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
**Update** FoxSportsOhio says the story was not true and investigating within the company. Wow that would suck for foxsports to report a bad story and also catch it.

Fox Sports Ohio also said that this isn't too many men:

You'll understand if I wait for someone else to refute the story wink.gif

#48 Glubki

Glubki

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Something definitely happened....

L.A. Times - With Quote from Bob Murray
If you have an online nemesis you are spending too much time online....

#49 Lovin Jiri Fischer

Lovin Jiri Fischer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

Classy, classy organization what can I say?

#50 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 16 May 2009 - 01:03 AM

I don't doubt this happened, but somethings getting lost in the translation. No way he does this with malicious intent without presses being charge and I agree it had to be some sort of an accident. Of course either way he acted like a jackass, but to think he intentionally tried to injure a woman Wings fan is unfathomably ridiculous.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#51 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

By Helene Elliott
May 16, 2009
Ducks General Manager Bob Murray was interviewed by Detroit police Thursday night but was not charged after a woman working as a TV stage manager at Joe Louis Arena said he hit her in the left chest, arm and shoulder with a chair after the Ducks' 4-3 loss to the Red Wings in Game 7 of the teams' second-round playoff series, according to an Internet report Friday.

The website, MyFoxDetroit.com, which is affiliated with Detroit TV station WJBK, said Rachel Paris, 55, was hit by the bar stool-like seat thrown by "an upset and angry Murray" in the press box. The cramped facility is shared by writers, broadcasters and TV crews. Those who work there use elevated seats to reach the elevated work table.

The website also said Paris, who wouldn't disclose which media outlet employed her during the game, believed Murray vented his frustration at her because she had been rooting for the Red Wings.

"I was taken to the boards by Bob Murray and survived the hit. I felt like I was cross-checked and I didn't even have the puck," Paris told the website, which said she declined to file a formal complaint.

Murray denied throwing the chair at Paris.

"It was a complete accident," he told The Times on Friday. "I've spoken with her and cleared it all up."

helene.elliott@latimes.com

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#52 Stiffy

Stiffy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:16 AM

QUOTE (Drake_Marcus @ May 15, 2009 - 08:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't forget- it wasn't a missed call at all in this game. The rule all the Ducks fan quote only applies to situations when the goalie controls the puck. A loose puck is subject to a separate rule, one I forget the number of but TSN showed it after the goal and their panel unanimously agreed the goal was good because of that rule. This other rule says the player can push the goalie (within reason, which this small nudge certainly was) when attempting to play a loose puck.

Yes, the VS guys put up the text of the rule as well and it made a lot of sense. All these comments from players and fans are really quite ignorant and off base. This wasn't a bad call. So, to be swinging around a chair and hitting woman bystanders is even more inexcusable and despicable. Honestly, could you ever in your like imagine a story like this regarding Holland, let alone Yzerman or Devellano? It is unthinkable. Like dysfunctional families, this kid of thing starts at home with the parents.

#53 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (Stiffy @ May 16, 2009 - 08:16AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, the VS guys put up the text of the rule as well and it made a lot of sense. All these comments from players and fans are really quite ignorant and off base. This wasn't a bad call. So, to be swinging around a chair and hitting woman bystanders is even more inexcusable and despicable. Honestly, could you ever in your like imagine a story like this regarding Holland, let alone Yzerman or Devellano? It is unthinkable. Like dysfunctional families, this kid of thing starts at home with the parents.

thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

That really puts it in perspective. Good point.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#54 Green Wing

Green Wing

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:28 AM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ May 16, 2009 - 07:03AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't doubt this happened, but somethings getting lost in the translation. No way he does this with malicious intent without presses being charge and I agree it had to be some sort of an accident. Of course either way he acted like a jackass, but to think he intentionally tried to injure a woman Wings fan is unfathomably ridiculous.

Absolutely. But, you know, any excuse for some fans to responds with 'OMG he beat down an innocent woman with a chair, he's worse than Hitler!!' The press box at the Joe is meant to be pretty cramped. The woman's comments sounded very tongue-in-cheek ('checked into the boards and I didn't even have the puck'). I mean he may well be an ass, but the whole things sounds pretty ridiculous.

#55 Sherwood5030

Sherwood5030

Prospect

• 44 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

He was just trying to send a message for the next game. Oh wait they'll be in golf outings by the next game....

#56 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:37 AM

QUOTE (hockeytown9321 @ May 15, 2009 - 08:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's just sending a message for the next game.

What is there a team golf scramble today?

#57 KrazyGangsta

KrazyGangsta

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 07:56 AM

QUOTE (Sherwood5030 @ May 16, 2009 - 08:36AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He was just trying to send a message for the next game. Oh wait they'll be in golf outings by the next game....

Typical Ducks ... It's a shame there's no next game.

#58 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 08:13 AM

Yup, the ducks are goon-thugs to the core.

#59 ehorn3

ehorn3

Go Wings

• PipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 10:01 AM

It was determined that she had her head down and was admiring her pass, good old Bob was just finishing his check. The league reviewed the play and thought a summer suspension will be long enough
Steve Yzerman is the greatest captain of all time, thanks for the memories Steve
I live in St. Louis, but I love hockey too much to be a Blues Fan. Go Wings!
I hate Pronger

#60 Tman77

Tman77

Go Wings!

• PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 02:50 PM

It`s at ESPN.com now. http://sports.espn.g...news?id=4171546

(linking wasn`t working)