• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Hand Shake Moment

Rate this topic

Do I feel bad? Depends on who we're talking about. In Hiller's case, yes, I do. He's not a goon. He played great hockey and was there for his team, and ultimately his team wasn't there for him. And for the deciding goal to be as controversial as it was...that's tough.

I'd like to see him get out of that organization.

The only thing I get from seeing tears from a player is an indicator of how much their heart was in it.

I agree. Gretzky sat on the bench and cried when Canada got stoned in the shootout and lost their chance for Olympic gold in Nagano. I felt for him, as I knew where his heart was; it was in winning a Gold for Canada. I certainly didn't think less of him because he was upset.

I'd like to see him get out of that organization.

Agreed on this, as well. Maybe one day he will play for a team with some scruples and heart. He's a very good goalie, and the main reason the Ucks got as far as they did.

Hiller is sad because his team lost and the Wings won. Thats what I wanted to happen, so as far as feeling bad for him... uhhhh, nope not feeling anything.

The players can show respect after a hard fought series... why can't you?

Because we're fans and not players.

We don't have to show the Ducks' players any respect, especially since there's no way we can. It's not like they read this website.

The premise of the argument in this entire thread is ridiculous and makes no sense

I agree. Gretzky sat on the bench and cried when Canada got stoned in the shootout and lost their chance for Olympic gold in Nagano. I felt for him, as I knew where his heart was; it was in winning a Gold for Canada. I certainly didn't think less of him because he was upset.

The difference is, Gretzky isn't and wasn't a dick. He didn't play cheap hockey and he didn't treat other players like s***. He was a classy individual. I don't mind classy players showing emotion.

Hiller played a hell of a series.

It's pathetic that you think it's funny that he is about to cry, he tried maybe have some respect and class and give him credit.

Agreed. I'm ecstatic we beat the Ducks - they gave us a hell of a challenge and yeah some bad blood gets stewing during the course of the series - I wanted the beat the sh*& out of those F*&^s. But to make fun of the guy for showing some emotion after losing a game 7 - kind of sick. He played his heart out.

I love the handshake part of hockey - had the Wings lost, I still like to watch and see how the guys shake the other teams' hands (Cheli shame on you for being a bad sport a few years ago).

Btw, Hank has one heck of a nice handshake. :rolleyes:

Why would anyone feel bad for him?

It's not like some tragedy struck his life. A few years ago the Ducks eliminated the Wings and made us feel like s***, so I'm glad the favor was returned.

Screw their dirty ass team.

Your'e really mature.

Osgood WAS a baby when he lost to San Jose in '94.

Just sayin'.

You respond as if you think that I think that crying is bad. It's not. Give me a full roster, from top to bottom, of guys that cry if they lose a series and I'll give you as many Stanley Cups as you want.

And you're extremely obtuse, but you don't see anyone saying anything to you about that.

lol, that reminds me of Shawshank Redemption.

I disagree. The wings made him look at lot better than he is. Osgood was more impressive than Hiller. Talking quality, not quantity.

He still had to make the stops and he mostly did. I can't think of more than one or two "bad" goals the entire series.

That's pretty damned good for a rookie playing the Defending Stanley Cup champs don't ya think?

It's interesting how this topic is about the disrespect shown during a handshake, and it has turned into disrespect between fans.

C'mon people. This is becoming just like the ridiculous chirping and pointless body checks during games.

Let's focus on the game today, ok?

I had to admit, as much as I despise the Ducks, I did feel a little bad for Hiller. If it weren't for him, the Ducks would have been out in four. The man was a freakin' wall, and played an unbelievable series. He certainly has nothing to be ashamed about.

I can see where he'd be upset. After stunning play, the Ducks lose to - what at the time to Hiller at least - seemed like a bad call. I'm sure he still feels a litle bit that way, even after watching the tapes. That call could have gone either way - had the ref blew his whistle early like in game 3. Otherwise, it was most definitely a goal, but a hard one for Hiller to swallow.

I agree here. I hate the Ducks, I hate the Ducks so much that it is somewhat hard to work up an equal, let alone increased hate for the Hawks, but it is impossible to not recognize how bad it would feel (in this case for Hiller) to pur your heart and soul into a 7 game series only to lose.

Regardless of whether or not the Wings "made him look better then he is", Hiller played as hard as he could and the fact he was visually upset is actually more normal, then either "funny" or "shocking".

That said, I hate the Ducks and still smile thinking about the Cleary goal in game 7.

Hiller was phenomenal for the Ducks.

We certainly shouldn't be laughing at him for tearing up after the loss. He had every right to. I feel absolutely horrible for him.

I didn't see any of the Hawks crying tonight. Just sayin'...