• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shaman

Lilja's status now "Questionable"

Rate this topic

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said defenseman Andreas Lilja is "way ahead of where he was 2-3 weeks ago" in his recovery from a concussion. His status for this series remains questionable. He has been out since Feb. 28 but has been skating for weeks.

This is great news, I remember that a week or so ago he was pretty much written off for the playoffs, now he might even play in this series, that would be a massive upgrade to our 3rd pairing.

Edited by Shaman464

Guest MrSandMan

Man, Lilja would be great to have back, even if he only plays 6-10 minutes per game. He'd help our PK tremendously!

EDIT:

Imagine this-

Lilja - Ericsson

That would be a freakin awesomely cool shut down line!

Edited by MrSandMan

It would be nice to have him back, though I'd be very surprised if he's back by this series. I like the idea of having him move Byfuglien more than Rafalski or Lebda doing it.

Would be nice to have a healthy Lilja back but at this point after being away from the game for so long I would wonder if he would help or hurt us?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

You know, you don't realize how much he contributes until you don't have him. The other night when we had to fight off that 5-on-3, I kept thinking how many shots he would block and sacrifice his body on, and I missed him trememdously. Don't get me wrong, the defense out there during the kill was great, but Andreas just adds that much more of a presence. To see him come back, even if it's not til the finals, would be a wonderful thing.

You know, you don't realize how much he contributes until you don't have him. The other night when we had to fight off that 5-on-3, I kept thinking how many shots he would block and sacrifice his body on, and I missed him trememdously. Don't get me wrong, the defense out there during the kill was great, but Andreas just adds that much more of a presence. To see him come back, even if it's not til the finals, would be a wonderful thing.

He just have to be careful and be fully recovered, before he comes back. Each concussion amplifies the next ones, and if you don't fully recover from each one, they quickly get worse.

Whether I want to admit it or not, Lebda's skating is an asset. If Lils comes back then Big E will have to take on more of an offensive role on that 3rd pair. No big deal but I just don't want the Wings to lose any benefits they get out of Lebs' skating.

Datsyuk, on comparisons of him and Henrik Zetterberg to Chicago's Jonathan Toews and Patrick Kane: "They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger."

HAHAHA, nice zing on Chelios there Pavel :thumbup:

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland said defenseman Andreas Lilja is "way ahead of where he was 2-3 weeks ago" in his recovery from a concussion. His status for this series remains questionable. He has been out since Feb. 28 but has been skating for weeks.

This is great news, I remember that a week or so ago he was pretty much written off for the playoffs, now he might even play in this series, that would be a massive upgrade to our 3rd pairing.

Mmmmmm.... an Ericsson-Lilja bottom pairing? Yes please!

We really miss Lilja guys... he was the second best d-man on the pk.

I NEVER thought I'd see the day..

I know, it's amazing how much of a fan favorite Lilja has become this season. A lot of us always liked him, btu were frusrated by his occasional brain lapses, but he's been nothing but great this year for us. I actually advocated letting him go last year, and I'm now one of those eagerly awaiting his return. A Lilja-Ericcson pairing could be one of the most entertaining Defense pairings in the league.

A Lilja-Ericcson pairing could be one of the most entertaining Defense pairings in the league.

Not to mention effective. And big. It'd be the kind of blue-line size we've been trying and failing to get for years.

And Christ on a bucket do we need Lilja back on the PK. Sorriest PKing I've ever seen from the Wings.