• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LIDDYGIBBY5

WCF 2nd Most watch program on Directv

Rate this topic

During a stoppage late in the third period, I switched over to a channel on Directv that show the most watched shows. The Wings game was second nationally to the Lakers/Rockets game 7. Does this mean that hockey is growing? Think of the ad revenue that the league can pull in if this is the norm and not just a one time thing.

When the Red Wings play, they get the ratings. It also does not hurt that Chicago is also playing the Wings with the hype of Original Six.

Edited by Jwo

I never knew you could do that.

I guess it's a good sign that the ratings are decent. Then again like others said, it's early and those Sunday prime-time shows will beat everything else.

The fact that these two teams advanced to the WCF is a blessing for the NHL. I am sure they were thrilled after Thursday's game 7.

Like the Redwings, the Blackhawks have a huge fan base, so it is no surprise that ratings are up. It is too bad the Bruins did not win as well as the East would be the same.

The fact that these two teams advanced to the WCF is a blessing for the NHL. I am sure they were thrilled after Thursday's game 7.

Like the Redwings, the Blackhawks have a huge fan base, so it is no surprise that ratings are up. It is too bad the Bruins did not win as well as the East would be the same.

The NHL has been blessed to have a team like the Wings drawing decent ratings during seasons when they are trying to find a place and a large sponsor

to carry their games. Teams in the south (non-hockey markets) killed this game for a long while and drained ratings nationwide. It would be tough to be at the helm

of the NHL and not secretly be cheering for Boston, the Rangers, and the Wings to be in these primetime matches.