• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Sammy is clutch

Rate this topic

Sammy love is hard to get used to, but I'll take it. That line is so much fun to watch. They come out every shift with tons of energy and smarts. All three of them are doing a great job.

I wonder if all these other players showing up in some weird way makes it harder or worse for Hossa and Datsyuk to snap out of it. If I was making 5 to 7 times more than guys who were outperforming me in the most important time of our work, I would tend to feel a little ashamed or guilty. Wouldn't anyone? I might try even harder than I should and screw up even more... If we make it to the finals, we need those guys to show up like Sammy. Who in the world would have ever thought someone would type those words!!!

P.S. Not blaming or slamming Dats and Hossa, just genuinely worried about them. It has to snap right?

I'm gonna keep doubting Sammy. Its worked out great so far. He makes some boneheaded plays here and there, and draws my cursing for a whole game, but usually its those games he ended up scoring a huge goal. Its happened since the San Jose series two years ago and everytime is he is really getting under my skin with dumb plays, thats when he comes up the hugest. Way to give me my steady diet of crow Sammy:

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this..... and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!"

I'm gonna keep doubting Sammy. Its worked out great so far. He makes some boneheaded plays here and there, and draws my cursing for a whole game, but usually its those games he ended up scoring a huge goal. Its happened since the San Jose series two years ago and everytime is he is really getting under my skin with dumb plays, thats when he comes up the hugest. Way to give me my steady diet of crow Sammy:

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this..... and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!"

QFT.. I'm always hating on sammy during games, and when I make it known to people around me, he scores..

I'm content -- it's a win/win relationship

I've discussed this topic twice already this playoff series, and I don't know how many times last year. I don't like to say anyone on the Wings is bad, but I will admit some need work. Samuelson overall is a good addition to the Wings. Yes he makes mistakes, some more noticeable than others. But its times like these we get to see him shine. With most of the opposing teams D (and stronger forwards/lines) trapping up Dats, Hossa, and Z it leaves the door open for guys like Sammy, Franzen, and Cleary. Sammys got a sick right handed wrister that he zings high side effortlessly. He could still use some work on the PP and with his stick handling, but hes great for the 3rd line.

And it does always seem as soon as anyone says, "I don't like Samuelson" "Samuelson Sucks" etc etc. He goes on a pt streak and proves why deserves to stay. Let him keep gettin SOG and rack up the GWGs.

SAMMY >= CLUTCH

I am another person who eats too much black bird because of this guy. The last two seasons, especially. I curse the day this guy was born all throughout the regular season, only to watch him come up so big in the playoffs. He was critical last year, and he is critical this year.

Umm, did anyone else see that it was Sammy who turned the puck over in our zone which resulted in the first goal? It's a good damn thing he got the game-winner or I would have wanted to kill him for that turnover.

I usually keep my devotion to Sammy to the Hottest Wings thread, but come the playoffs, I get to share the Sammy love with the rest of you.

:wub: Sammy :wub:

Edited by 55fan

I've discussed this topic twice already this playoff series, and I don't know how many times last year. I don't like to say anyone on the Wings is bad, but I will admit some need work. Samuelson overall is a good addition to the Wings. Yes he makes mistakes, some more noticeable than others. But its times like these we get to see him shine. With most of the opposing teams D (and stronger forwards/lines) trapping up Dats, Hossa, and Z it leaves the door open for guys like Sammy, Franzen, and Cleary. Sammys got a sick right handed wrister that he zings high side effortlessly. He could still use some work on the PP and with his stick handling, but hes great for the 3rd line.

And it does always seem as soon as anyone says, "I don't like Samuelson" "Samuelson Sucks" etc etc. He goes on a pt streak and proves why deserves to stay. Let him keep gettin SOG and rack up the GWGs.

SAMMY >= CLUTCH

Lies

Umm, did anyone else see that it was Sammy who turned the puck over in our zone which resulted in the first goal? It's a good damn thing he got the game-winner or I would have wanted to kill him for that turnover.

Whilst yes Sammy did turn the puck over, but that turnover was way less dangerous than the one Z handed over at the blueline with no one but Ozzie behind him.

My point is that goal should not have gone in, sure Sammy turned it over, but the pass hit Ericsson in the skate and went in, it is not like he turned it over while his team was in a line change and he was the only one back. The Wings should have cleared the zone (Sammy) mistake 1, Ericsson should have cleared the net, mistake 2. Was it a bad turnover, well yeah any turnover is a bad one. But if the Wings lost that game it surely wouldn't have been because of Sammy's Turnover, it wasn't like it was in the final seconds either (reference the Lilja Ducks turnover).

Did you want to kill Z, until Ozzie made the save? How about Ericsson losing the puck over a stick? He didn't score the game winner after, did you still want to kill him? If not then you are just another Sammy basher and wanted to deflate the thread.

Good job though!

Exactly, all he did was make up for his HORRIBLE turnover, and trust me that wasn't the only one. That is just the one he got caught on. Sammy is a liability period. I could have scored that OT game winner last night

Exactly, all he did was make up for his HORRIBLE turnover, and trust me that wasn't the only one. That is just the one he got caught on. Sammy is a liability period. I could have scored that OT game winner last night

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAA

Not only could you not because no one would put you on their roster to begin with, you would have also had to make the defensive play.

I love it, not only do we have Keyboard tough guys, keyboard GMs, keyboard Coaches, now through wonders of your keyboard you could have scored that goal.

Simply BEEEE-YOU-TEEE-FULL.

So go ahead lay out all of the other HORRIBLE turnovers he had this game, they are so frequent and so many that you must have enough to go on for hours, all I am asking for is 3 from last night. Go ahead, I will give you the goal, that is one come up with 2 more.

NOTE TO WINGS FANS:

The whole goddamn team is turning over the puck, from Lids to Abdelkader back up to Ralf back down to Ozzie. THE WHOLE TEAM!

Now I know why we as Wings fans get ripped so much for being spoiled, because at least half of the fan base is!!

They may be winning but:

Hossa isn't scoring, they don't fight, they are too euro, they aren't all perfect players, everyone doesn't score everynight, now it is I could score those goals.

I have an idea instead of trying to find the team goat/ whipping boy enjoy watching the best org since the 80's.

My god am I the only person that watches the game without watching for numbers or names on Jerseys to yell at and hate?

Your welcome Vancouver... Your welcome because the wings took a nobody in this league and turned him into one of the best right handed shots in the game. Enjoy him while he lasts until your down in a game and Sammy makes that Sammy turnover anyways