• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Sammy is clutch

Rate this topic

If only Hudler weren't such an immature little *****...

Seriously, how people can still support Hudler for taking cap space then bolting to Russia and not Sammy who left because we didnt have enough money to keep him, is ridiculous. Sammy FTW

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Seriously, how people can still support Hudler for taking cap space then bolting to Russia and not Sammy who left because we didnt have enough money to keep him, is ridiculous. Sammy FTW

1) Sammy had already signed before Hudler's arbitration and even then he signed for more, whether Hudler was in Holland's plans or not Sammy would have been hard to retain.

2) There is clearly more Sammy supporters on this site than Hudler.

Anyways, I was one of the few on this site who always like him, and am glad to see he is doing well. Contrary to popular belief, prior to that extreme hot streak, he was actually scoring less per TOI than in detroit but just had more of an opportunity. Eventually he brought that rate to higher than what it was last year, but even then Hudler's production for ES and PP time from last year still surpassed him.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

That kind of says something doesn't it.

You cannot act like the popular opinion of LGW means anything or brings any validity to views, as there are just as many baffling viewpoints that later get proven wrong on this site due to overreaction and herd mentality as there are good and rational ones. Isn't this the same forum whose majority used to complain that he was useless and overpaid at 1.45 million? Isn't this the same forum who actually entertained the idea that Datsyuk should be traded for Doan, and then later ******* Oltez? The same forum who tried to crucify Holland for not signing Ryan Smyth for over 5 mill a year long term?

That kind of says something, doesn't it? Look, I like them both, and I can understand why people would like Sammy more, he left on better terms, it is only natural, but seeing as Hudler will most probably be part of the team either next year or the year after, I really am just already dreading having a new Hudler sucks thread every 3 games, even when he would be playing well.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Say what you want about Sammy, but he scored more goals this season than anyone on the Wings. And right now has as many playoff points as Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Franzen combined. I would be real happy with some of that clutch-flukeyness goal-scoring ability right about now. And imagine that!....he's doing it for a third of the cost as any one of the 3 mentioned above. :glare:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

.he's doing it for a third of the cost as any one of the 3 mentioned above. :glare:

Not even close.

Not even close.

I'll give you Franzen not even being close (but he is more than double), but the other two are pretty damn close to being paid triple Sammy's salary this year. My point is, our 'superstars' have underperformed. We want to mention them with the league's best and yet every year we end up making excuses as to why their numbers are not up there with the league's best.

I'll give you Franzen not even being close (but he is more than double), but the other two are pretty damn close to being paid triple Sammy's salary this year. My point is, our 'superstars' have underperformed. We want to mention them with the league's best and yet every year we end up making excuses as to why their numbers are not up there with the league's best.

So... which of those three guys are making 7.5 mil? Franzen makes 3.9 and Sammy makes 2.5, more than double?

The reason Sammy is playing well is because he gets to play with the Sedins and he is flourishing in a good situation. He didn't have that chance with us. If we did keep him, he would not have approached 30 goals.

Edited by Dano33

technically right now, Mule and Z are making a lot more than Sammy. The original argument was for THIS year's SALARY, not cap hit. Both their contracts' cap hits are weighed down due to the extra years added towards the end. Z makes around 7 mill this year, and I'm not too sure about Mule. But it's significantly higher than 2.5, if I recall correctly. Not 3 times as much, but still a significant digit.

technically right now, Mule and Z are making a lot more than Sammy. The original argument was for THIS year's SALARY, not cap hit. Both their contracts' cap hits are weighed down due to the extra years added towards the end. Z makes around 7 mill this year, and I'm not too sure about Mule. But it's significantly higher than 2.5, if I recall correctly. Not 3 times as much, but still a significant digit.

From what I saw, Z is at 7.4 this year and Franzen is at 5.5.