• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

10 Minute Misconduct

Sammy is clutch

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5
Sammy scores fluke goals at the right time. Wouldn't call him clutch though.

how was his goal today flukey at all

He didnt even break out his lethal backhander either, Chicago wont have an answer for that one.

Why...Are pucks that hit the glass now considered goals? "Ooh! Look at that black mark it left. That's a goal!"

All he does is score timely goals in the playoffs :siren:

well, that AND takes shots that have no business beign taken, try to stickhandle way to much in the nuetral zone, and start s*** and then wonder why hes getting his ass kicked later.

Sorry I didn't mean to beat up on the guy. He's an excellent, excellent 3rd line forward who can fill in on the top-six for certain stretches. Although it's frustrating to watch the puck go right into the goalie's midsection or clank off the glass, he does have a decent shot.

Why...Are pucks that hit the glass now considered goals? "Ooh! Look at that black mark it left. That's a goal!"

I'd find you all his unbelievable backhanders on Youtube, but I'm my too lazy. Just wait, he'll rip one past Khabibulin this series and you'll remember me saying this :D

I, for one, heartily enjoy his goal celebrations. Sammy's patented skate on one leg, point at the crowd, and fist pump move is highly underrated.

The guy drives me nuts in the Regular Season, but he's great in the playoffs! All he does is get's the puck to the net. That was a great goal today... Fakes the shot, moves to his right, and fires it top shelf again.

I'd find you all his unbelievable backhanders on Youtube, but I'm my too lazy. Just wait, he'll rip one past Khabibulin this series and you'll remember me saying this :D

Hope so. You have my approval to throw it in my face should it occur.

ClutchKit.jpg

Sammy had an awesome behind the back pass that left Filps in the clear today. Of course, Filps couldn't bury it, but it was a HUGE surprise to see Sammy passing. I had to double check the sweater number! :ph34r:

Cleary and Sammy, it's hard to imagine nobody wanted them 4 years ago. We added them to our roster last minute and they have continued to be key contributers.

Even Franzen, he was drafted 4th round.

Sure is, he and Cleary too. Sammy's always been in possession of a respectable wrist shot, I think he's just got it dialed in right now. Instead of hitting opposing team logo's he's hitting top corners and 5 holes.

If you think about it really, every championship squad we've had the difference-makers have so often came from players that have been ho-hum at best in the regular season.

I'm loving this. Cleary, Sammy, Stuart, Ozzie.. who would have thought a few months ago that all of them would be pretty much completely redeemed (except for the "sammy on the PP"-complaint which is still totally valid)?

He plays well 5 on 5, but on the PP he still annoys the hell out of me, especially when his shots are constantly getting blocked. He just looks lost out there on the point and rarely makes the right decision.

He belongs on the 3rd line where he can only do good. Give him more responsibility and that's when people start bashing him the most.

Offense and clutch-wise this playoffs Sammy > Hossa

am i wrong?

You're 100% right. To be perfectly honest, Holland should sign Sammy over Hossa. Hossa is very over-rated. Good players are able to break out of funks, and at least contribute in some way. Hossa has been bad in all areas of the game these play-offs, minus one or two games. He should be let go for sure, espesically if he wants anywhere near Franzen. The Mule is a beast, Hossa is a bench warmer. That's a fact. This team doesn't need Hossa, and at this point, he's just wasting Datysuk's play making skills. Get Leino in their, at least he might be able to score every second game or so.

It's all mental for Hossa really. The only chance in hell of resigning Hossa means trading Cleary, Flipulla or Stuart. And all 3 of those guys has far out performed Hossa in these play-offs. Hossa knows for a fact he won't get re-signed, and maybe he thinks this may be his last chance to win a cup. Hossa knows he won't be back, and it's completely ruined his confidence.

It's kind of sad that Hossa can't step up. Z, Franzen, Hudler, Sammy, Conks etc have all been fighting for their new contracts. Now that Hossa knows he won't get one, he has given up.

Edited by TheOwl