Red Crazy

Who should it be on the DH? line?

Rate this topic

Here is my solution..

Val - Dats - Homer

Cleary - Zette - Franz

Hossa - Helm - Hudler

Abdelkader - Draper - Homer

That way Dats can control his line, Z can control his, and Hossa can control his. thats my solution.. but tbh we won. almost got our free arby's too.. heh, im not complaining as long as we win

if you're gonna double shift a guy, i'd rather it isn't homer

HAHAHHA Sorry guy's! I didn't realize that my shortening of names at the start of this post would cause everyone such pain... I guess I was just being lazy and my spelling sucks.!

Oh and FSH is Flip sammy and Hudler. And for the guy that called me *******, Get a life.

Homer just needs to get better..simple as that...he was never great with the puck to begin with but he looks really bad with it right now. No confidence. If he continues to play bad on that line I would start sprinkling some other guys in there like Helm or something like that. We dominated that game today so I dont think that much is going to change. Depth is deadly and it showed today !!

what's the obsession with Leino? we scored 5 goals today and won, but to me this was the only game so far this playoffs the Wings were outhit (NHL.com says by 1, seemed like more).. Abdelkader has been playing great he's responsible and takes the body, when he was put on a line with Helm in the 2nd/3rd they created a lot of opportunities

Babcock won't f*** with the lines that played well today, not a chance.

I doubt he'll change anything much, it's just not his MO.

Whatever, let's have some fun anyway:

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hossa-Datsyuk-Leino (Leino had great chemistry with Datsyuk during his call-up)

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Helm-Draper-Holmstrom

Replacing Holmstrom with Leino is the best I could do without splitting up the two best lines from tonight's game.

If we're going to see the Filppula line split....

Franzen-Zetterberg-Cleary

Filppula-Datsyuk-Leino

Hossa-Hudler-Samuelsson

Helm-Draper-Holmstrom

Both Leino and Filppula have proven to have great chemistry with Datsyuk and with each other.

Leino was on fire in the AHL playoffs. He got completely shut down (as did the entire team) in the second round sweep AND still ranked 1st in playoff points in the entire AHL when he was knocked out of the playoffs. That's how hot he was in the first round.

Hossa on the third line seems crazy, but putting him there gives him the benefit of easier match-ups.

what's the obsession with Leino? we scored 5 goals today and won, but to me this was the only game so far this playoffs the Wings were outhit (NHL.com says by 1, seemed like more).. Abdelkader has been playing great he's responsible and takes the body, when he was put on a line with Helm in the 2nd/3rd they created a lot of opportunities

It's all about getting Datsyuk going without breaking up Z's line. Leino is a capable top 6 forward bases on his play in each of his call-up games this year and his play in the AHL. Leino's pretty much the only option that hasn't been tried with Datsyuk lately.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of people were saying earlier this year that Dats is our best player because he can play with anyone. He will break out people, he's playing great d and the other teams best defensive players are always out there against him. Have some patience it's only a matter of time, and if he doesn't start putting up the offensive numbers I can live with the other lines producing. It won't matter who we put with Dats the other teams top defenders will be out there.

I also don't understand the obsession with Leino.

All of a sudden people are suggesting that this minor league player should play in the top 6! Unbeilivable.

Bottom line is that too many top forwards right now (Pavel, Homer, Flip, Hossa) are unable to put the puck in the net.

If these players don't step it up, no kind of line combos are going to help. Babcock can't make these guys score with coaching. They'll have to do it themselves.

However, putting in Leino is not the solution. The answer has to come from who's in the lineup now.

I also don't understand the obsession with Leino.

All of a sudden people are suggesting that this minor league player should play in the top 6! Unbeilivable.

Which minor league player are we talking about here, Leino or Abdelkader? Because Leino is more qualified than Abdelkader- Leino's already been a pro hockey player for years, he had an incredible call-up for Detroit, putting 5 goals and 9 points up in his first 12 NHL games.

Bringing Leino up isn't some huge risk here- he's proven himself to be more than capable in the NHL when given a chance.

Furthermore, you can put someone in the top six for as short or long a time as you'd like- Babs can easily shift the lines. Abdelkader started on the top two lines and quickly moved back down to the bottom two. No one was hurt by the top six experiment.

ABCDEFG...

Holmstrom needs to sit, put Leino in he couldn't do any worse.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Cleary

Franzen - Filppula - Hossa

Leino - Helm - Hudler

Abdelkader - Draper - Samuelsson

Agreed. Ninety-SUX is poison on skates out there. And Datsyuk and Hossa are infected.

Which minor league player are we talking about here, Leino or Abdelkader? Because Leino is more qualified than Abdelkader- Leino's already been a pro hockey player for years, he had an incredible call-up for Detroit, putting 5 goals and 9 points up in his first 12 NHL games.

Bringing Leino up isn't some huge risk here- he's proven himself to be more than capable in the NHL when given a chance.

Furthermore, you can put someone in the top six for as short or long a time as you'd like- Babs can easily shift the lines. Abdelkader started on the top two lines and quickly moved back down to the bottom two. No one was hurt by the top six experiment.

I like Abdelkalder's physicality.

It's a good counterpart to Chicago's 4th line which likes to forecheck and run everybody.

If Leino does play, he's not likely to be on the top 6 consistently. We need better balance in the lineup and Abdelkalder gives us that balance with his grit and hitting.

If we're bringing Leino up to help us score, then we're really in trouble since we have so much offensive talent already.

Like I said earlier, the guys already in the lineup are going to have to put the puck in the net with whatever line combos Babcock uses. Leino isn't necessary.

I like Abdelkalder's physicality.

It's a good counterpart to Chicago's 4th line which likes to forecheck and run everybody.

If Leino does play, he's not likely to be on the top 6 consistently. We need better balance in the lineup and Abdelkalder gives us that balance with his grit and hitting.

If we're bringing Leino up to help us score, then we're really in trouble since we have so much offensive talent already.

Like I said earlier, the guys already in the lineup are going to have to put the puck in the net with whatever line combos Babcock uses. Leino isn't necessary.

Abdelkader is all fine and good, I'm just saying why people mention Leino. Leino is a fun name to toss around because it gives people more speculative line combinations.

As far as what Abdelkader adds, yeah that's why he's in instead of Leino. I wouldn't bring Leino up unless it was to fill a top six spot, so like you said- Abs is the better choice.

Abdelkader is all fine and good, I'm just saying why people mention Leino. Leino is a fun name to toss around because it gives people more speculative line combinations.

As far as what Abdelkader adds, yeah that's why he's in instead of Leino. I wouldn't bring Leino up unless it was to fill a top six spot, so like you said- Abs is the better choice.

I agree with you, crossed arms guy.

Zetterberg/Cleary/Franzen

Huds/Dats/Homer

Hossa/Flip/Helm

Sammy/Draper/Abs

and a couple thoughts

1. Jake Ryan must be a goalie because of the hate he has for Homer and talking about bringing Turco to detroit. Admit it Jake your really Turco just trying to get wings fans to hate Homer

2 We scored five goals so i dont think there will be any changes why fix what isnt broken

To the OP I think there should be no DH in any line until they get out of their respective funks. I also think they won't get out of their slumps together. However, I want no more Hossa punk hogging if he is playing with Franzen. It seems a waste of a good mule.

Whether we are scoring enough goals to win against Chicago is not nearly as important as getting Datsyuk & Homer scoring in preparation for Carolina/Pittsburgh.

I've seen it said in this thread that Homer just can't hang against the oppositions best and that's garbage. Anyone recall the most prolific scoring line of all last season?

Pavel, Hank & Homer.

That line needs to be reunited, and stay together until Pavs & Homer get rolling.

The chemistry takes a game or two to come back, but once it's clicking, it's an awesome line.

Babs had stated that he didn't want to put Pavs & Z on the same line because they were short a center with Draper out of the lineup.....but Draper is back.

Additionally, remember the Franzen, Filppula, Hossa line dominating against Anaheim?

There's your second line.

Let Hudler center Cleary & Samuelsson

Then put Draper out with Helm & Maltby......or Abdelkader if you like.

The lines should roll as follows:

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom

Franzen, Filppula, Hossa

Cleary, Hudler, Samuelsson

Maltby, Draper, Helm

When all is said and done, though, I think we'll all discover that Pavel is playing through an injury.

Sport's hernia anyone?

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Holmstrom

Franzen, Filppula, Hossa

Cleary, Hudler, Samuelsson

Maltby, Draper, Helm

Cleary has earned his spot on the top two lines and he's clicking well up there. I'd leave him exactly where he is now.

Hossa needs to play with the lower line players, playing him with super stars makes him force the pass to much, in other words hes not playing his real game.

If you put him on a line with hudler and helm he wont play scared, he wont try to make amazing plays, like he does when he has datsyuk or mule on his line. He'll know hes the best player on his line, and thats how he'll play.

Mule Z Cleary

filp Datsyuk holmstrom/Samulesson

hudler helm hossa

abdel, draper holmstrom/Samulesson

Edited by tommingthepuck96