• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Krayzie_Bone

Music at the Joe

Rate this topic

I realize that this is a pretty trivial topic especially during the playoffs but it is something that has been on my mind for a while and I wonder if anyone feels the same way. I think who ever does the music at the Joe is terrible. The songs they play do not even seem to be played to get people fired up. I do not hate every song that is played but at least 90% of the songs make me laugh at how lame they are. I do not like the Penguins but whoever does the music for them knows what they are doing. They play kicks ass music that if I was at the Mellon arena I would be going nuts. I realize people have different tastes of music but everyone I watch a wings game with that I point out the music agree. Some examples of what I cant stand ( that stupid clap clap your hands chant/song, my dirty little secret by all american rejects WTF? There are many others I cant even think of. P.S. I love the song they play at the end of the games when the wings win good old hockey game or whatever it says.

Listen to the lyrics, most songs have something to do with what's going on during the game. The DJ at The Joe is a thinker, and doesn't just play what's currently at the top of the charts.

To each their own, but personally I like his choices.

I realize that this is a pretty trivial topic especially during the playoffs but it is something that has been on my mind for a while and I wonder if anyone feels the same way. I think who ever does the music at the Joe is terrible. The songs they play do not even seem to be played to get people fired up. I do not hate every song that is played but at least 90% of the songs make me laugh at how lame they are. I do not like the Penguins but whoever does the music for them knows what they are doing. They play kicks ass music that if I was at the Mellon arena I would be going nuts. I realize people have different tastes of music but everyone I watch a wings game with that I point out the music agree. Some examples of what I cant stand ( that stupid clap clap your hands chant/song, my dirty little secret by all american rejects WTF? There are many others I cant even think of. P.S. I love the song they play at the end of the games when the wings win good old hockey game or whatever it says.

Yeah... they could have a better DJ.

I hate how they play the pump up the crowd music too early during commercial breaks. By the time they are set for the face off, you are just tired of cheering and stop.

I do wish they would play more Trance type music and perhaps some stuff from Swedish Bands. It is very common for Swedish bands singing in English ranging from hard rock to dance/pop.

Yeah most of the songs played have something to do with something going on in the game. While clever, some of the songs are old/overplayed, and get stuck in your head and are annoying.

Rather hear him (or her) mix it up some, but hey whatever.

Sans lyrical puns, I think the only song they routinely play that I enjoy is Rise Against's "Re-Education (Through Labor.)"

Listen to the lyrics, most songs have something to do with what's going on during the game. The DJ at The Joe is a thinker, and doesn't just play what's currently at the top of the charts.

hahahah - sorry I find this hilarious.

This is the exact reason the music is so bad - its like what an 8 year old would think up to match the games events. At first its kind of cute, but after hearing the same s*** for the last decade, it gets really really tedious.

Guest Shoreline

They need to play some Opeth there. Get a pit going around the glass area. Oh wait, they come to see hockey?! Bastards.

That is not the case at all I dont care about the charts. I would personally like to hear something heavy. I understand the lyrics have a meaning but it gets lost when I feel like I am a 10 year olds birthday party at a roller skating rink.

Although I have never been to a game at the Joe, but if I could (I will one day), you could play elevator music for all I care. I'll be there to watch the game.

They play a lot of Metal at Mellon Arena and it's awesome but here the direction is more of music that people will like to sing a lot to or recognize. While some Opeth or Black Dahlia Murder might pump a few of us up, most people wouldn't recognize it or enjoy it. I've noticed that at the Mellon Progenies of the Great Apocalypse is like an anthem practically.

Sometimes the same music over and over every game gets a little old. I don't care for that "clap your hands" one.

My favourite one though, is when the Blues are in town, and they lose. They play that Elton John song, "and I guess thats why they call them the blues." I cant help but laugh!

I agree - the music selection sucks and has for years.

Just wait until the games head to Chicago - If the Blackhawks score regularly you will be so sick of the "Chelsea Dagger" by the Fratellis that the music at the Joe will be refreshing.

For the record I love when they play Journey and everyone is singing.

same with that Kiss song and a LIT song..

It shows how young i'am i didn't know the Journey song or the Kiss song. Pretty sweet though, but all the other music should have some variety.

does anyone know that song with the Trumpet only....it goes: da da, da da da da da, da da da da da...etc.....with towards the end it prompts you to say "charge"?

name or link?

Thanks in advance

Edited by FREE REDWINGS

It's a hockey game, not a night club. You're there to watch the game, the music just closes the gaps between each of the face-offs.

I would personally would rather hear music that has something to do with the actual game than the latest steaming pile of crap from Lady Gaga or the Black Eyed Peas that actually passes for music these days.