• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

Quenville post game

Rate this topic

Watching the post game it was refreshing not hearing the opposing coach whine about penalties but the tone of Quenville's voice and the way he talked about the Wings he sounded defeated!

If I am in his locker room I already feel beat, as a 'C' I would have a players only meeting, show that tape and say we are doing this for us!

He sounded so dejected and defeated that has got to spread to the locker room!

CHI fans is that the way he always sounds after a game? or am I sensing defeat from him?

NOT SAYING THE SERIES IS OVER AFTER ONE GAME, Just saying his tone of voice and answers to his questions had the tone of they are better, we need to hope for wins!

Any thoughts?

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console

I didn't think so. I think that he sounded like he felt his team competed strong for half a game and let it slip away. He knows as well as any of us that if Chicago can steal one Tuesday they have the upper edge in the series.

Wings need to keep outplaying, outshooting them, and they will outscore them.

Nah, that's just what people sound like when they're born in Windsor, haha.

It is nice to not hear about being "gutless" or hearing the word "obstruction" twenty times, though.

I think the Hawks will come out with a better effort in the next game.

i highly doubt Q will ***** about bad calls or anything during this series seeing how him and Babs are pretty good friends. he wont want to embarrass himself and disrespect Babs with a bunch of BS like other coaches do

He doesn't seem defeated at all to me.

x2, I don't see how anyone who listens to that interview could think he sounded defeated. Sounded very calm and collected and ready for game 2.

x2, I don't see how anyone who listens to that interview could think he sounded defeated. Sounded very calm and collected and ready for game 2.

To me it was his answers, his answers to me sounded more like he was hoping his team could pull it out, but it didn't seem like he was 100% sold his team could do it.

But that is also why I asked the CHI fans, I have not listened to a lot of his press conference and his tone just seemed very down, not just we lost this game, but have no shot.

However I could be wrong, it happens!

There is plenty of hockey to play and the Wings know not to take the Hawks lightly. They are young, fast, full of talent, and have a proven goalie in net.

That was 4 years ago. This year Khabibulin has am .897 save percentage and a 2.86 GAA. They cannot win with those numbers. The Wings are averaging 40.4 shots/game this year in the playoffs.

That means that ON AVERAGE the "bulin wall" will give up 4.16 goals/game.

Unless 'bulin starts playing much better or Chicago cuts down on the number of shots allowed, this is going to be a short series. In game 1 Detroit had 43 shots and 'bulin had a .905 save percentage.

That was 4 years ago. This year Khabibulin has am .897 save percentage and a 2.86 GAA. They cannot win with those numbers. The Wings are averaging 40.4 shots/game this year in the playoffs.

Unless 'bulin starts playing much better or Chicago cuts down on the number of shots allowed, this is going to be a short series. In game 1 Detroit had 43 shots and 'bulin had a .905 save percentage.

May want to read this: http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...p;#entry1585802

It has happened before and it can happen again.

Guest E_S_A_D

Is this thread necessary? Nothing noteable here folks, lets move along.

Anaheim won the Cup two years ago. This year they were a #8 seed, barely making the playoffs. I slept on Anaheim's "it factor" and shouldn't have, I'm not making the same mistake with Khabi...it should've been about 5-1 in the 2nd period yesterday.

But Q-Stache sounded perfectly normal to me, to answer the question.

Guest MrSandMan

I know, right. If Ozzy had those numbers right now, LGW would have an epic melt down!

We would all be seeing this message: "Server Overload -- Try again later."

I didn't think so. I think that he sounded like he felt his team competed strong for half a game and let it slip away. He knows as well as any of us that if Chicago can steal one Tuesday [i]they have the upper edge in the series.[/i]

:blink: Don't think so....not by the farthest stretch of the imagination. I think Quenville knows that at this point... unless he's up 3-1 series lead, and they have a four goal lead in game five...he doesn't have any uppper hand on anything. 1-1 series tied and Hawks have upper edge in series??? On the defending Stanley Cup champions...who HAVE HOME ICE ADVANTAGE?????

I simply don't get your thinking one bit.

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

The guy was being very careful to NOT SAY what he was thinking.

For instance, when he was asked about what he thinks of Cleary, now that he is no longer with the Hawks, Q was thinking to say, "Look, the guy is lucky to be playing with so many starts that our scrub team was defending him," so insteaad he says, "We are happy with our team."

Then, instead of saying, "We had the Wings on he run at the outset, and then just took the rest of the game off, he said the obligatory stuff about how good the Wings are.

I think this guy is probably a great coach. Look what he has done, and how he stepped in. Frankly, he scares me a little, and I think he will have these Hawks very, very ready to compete.

In fact, I think if we lose Tuesday's game, we could be in trouble in this series.

The guy was being very careful to NOT SAY what he was thinking.

For instance, when he was asked about what he thinks of Cleary, now that he is no longer with the Hawks, Q was thinking to say, "Look, the guy is lucky to be playing with so many starts that our scrub team was defending him," so insteaad he says, "We are happy with our team."

Then, instead of saying, "We had the Wings on he run at the outset, and then just took the rest of the game off, he said the obligatory stuff about how good the Wings are.

I think this guy is probably a great coach. Look what he has done, and how he stepped in. Frankly, he scares me a little, and I think he will have these Hawks very, very ready to compete.

In fact, I think if we lose Tuesday's game, we could be in trouble in this series.

Exactly. They've played one game. One. Let's not go nuts.

And those people who said during second round play that the Hawks were the worst team left in the playoffs have some explaining to do. They're no joke.

Yeah but what a great nickname!

Is this thread necessary? Nothing noteable here folks, lets move along.

I don't know if you are qualified to determine what threads are "necessary" especially after you created

The buzz is gone in Hockeytown Where you knocked attendance at the Joe (or the "Joe Lewis Library" as you call it :rolleyes:) claiming it was going to be dismal for the playoffs and yet they have sold out every playoff game thus far with an attendance of 20,066 (even with 22% unemployment).

Will the Wings be upset by the Blue Jackets where you predicted the Blue Jackets would win in 6 because "They are playing a hungrier, better goaltended, and more physical team." (Now that was a thread that was not necessary - only three people even posted in that thread and they all picked the Wings either 4-0 or 5-1).

I have no problem with you starting whatever threads you want but how about letting Opie do the same thing (and his aren't even bashing the Wings - is that the real problem? :scared:).

P.S. Good to see you back E_S_A_D haven't seen many posts lately. :)

Watching the post game it was refreshing not hearing the opposing coach whine about penalties but the tone of Quenville's voice and the way he talked about the Wings he sounded defeated!

If I am in his locker room I already feel beat, as a 'C' I would have a players only meeting, show that tape and say we are doing this for us!

He sounded so dejected and defeated that has got to spread to the locker room!

CHI fans is that the way he always sounds after a game? or am I sensing defeat from him?

NOT SAYING THE SERIES IS OVER AFTER ONE GAME, Just saying his tone of voice and answers to his questions had the tone of they are better, we need to hope for wins!

Any thoughts?

http://redwings.nhl.tv/team/console

True story, from the 2003 WCQF's, Blues against the 'Nucks:

Blues are up, 3 Games to 1, heading into Game 5 at Savvis Center in St. Louis.

After the morning skate, Quenville tersely reminds his sick and exhausted players to make sure to PACK THEIR BAGS FOR VANCOUVER FOR GAME 6, and bring them to the rink with them.

Looks of disbelief and anger from the vets on the Team, as they look around the lockerroom at some of the younger players, who now look rather nervous. When Tkachuk attempts to "pfffft...we won't NEED to pack our ba.....", Quenville quickly shouts him down with a "You HEARD what I said....."

The flu-riddled Blues go on to lose Game 6, 3-5, and head back to Vancouver.

They lose Game 6, 3-4, and head back to St. Louis.

Where they lose Game 7, 1-4.

Series over.

Quenville is lockerroom poison.

Mr. "Hanta Yo!" has got NOTHING on "Coach Q".

"Defeated" no, dejected yes.

Look, he knows damn well what the Wings are all about. As it's been illustrated over, & over again, he has always had a problem with your team in the playoffs. He also got enough Wings up his ass in the 6 meetings of the regular season to know what you can & can't do against them. Being ready to play & compete, & being able to win are two different things.

The thing about your team is, they don't make mistakes, & they always seem to capitalize on their opponets mistakes. The Hawks had them on the run the first 10 minutes of the 1st period, & if not for a couple breaks (cross bar, re-direct open net) it coulda been 3-0. However, Cleary jumps on a turnover, & scores a goal that shoulda NEVER gone in, & it's 1-1. Vintage Red Wings. That's what they do, & the Hawks have been privy to it for a while.

I don't wanna change gears, but this goes all the way back to the '95 Western Conference Finals. The Hawks didn't trail the Wings more than 20 minutes of that entire series; however they lost in 5 games thanks to (3) OT losses, two being double OT.

Your team certainly makes the most of it's opportunities, & it really gets annoying gettin' beat by the same team every year.

Supertrack: thanks for the other side's view!

I was curious, with the youth of that team I really think he could be the wrong coach for them, at least when facing the wings. He seems to be quite the pessimist from what I am reading.

I really think if they had Torterella or some one like that, there things would be 100% different and I would be scared of them a lot more.

But as Wings we went through the Dave Lewis era so, it is not always greener on the otherside!