• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

For You Leino Fans

Rate this topic

It might be a good idea to stick him in there for like a shift or two for a game and see how he does. The Wings need to give all of these guys a chance play before they make decisions on who stays and who goes for next season. If he gets a shot great if he doesn't oh well.

He was obscene in his few NHL games this year. Didn't he score at least a point per game? How is this remotely a bad thing?

It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing. The kid could add some scoring punch to our 4th line.

Guest MrSandMan

Not breaking news. He's just practicing with the team (gellin') in case some unforeseen injury occurs. Depth is NEVER a bad thing!

he definitely has the offensive capability, but I thought he looked a little behind the pace on the backcheck in the games he was called up for. With Chicago's stretch passing, that may be a little risk. Who would sit? Abdelkader? I would think speed is what we want.

I don't see how anyone could consider this as bad news!!! Leino was insanely good in the few games he had earlier in the season and why not add more euro talent to our already "euro-rific" lineup. The guy had 46 points in 57 games with the Griffins and had only 18 penalty minutes. What's not to love?

I woulnd't mind trying Leino replacing Abdelkader. I think Ab is doing very well, but I think Leino is more of a scoring threat and Ab isn't as needed as he would've been for Anaheim. We've got Helm to provide the high energy hits, so why not try throwing in some more depth at scoring? Chicago may be making adjustments to take away our star scoring power (namely Franzen). It would never hurt to have another guy that can score on the ice, unless he's just going to be that physically outmatched (which could happen on the road but I think at home Leino could get some favorable matchups).

I think it is mostly precaution since both Hudler and Hossa were banged up after last game...That being said if he were to play I would be a happy guy...as long as Huds and Hossa were still healthy.

Leino-Pavs-Hossa

Franz-Z-Cleary

Sammy-Fil-Hudler

Draper-Helm-Homer

Me likes those lines quite a bits!

It's not a bad thing. It's a good thing. The kid could add some scoring punch to our 4th line.

He wouldn't be on the 4th line. If Leino is coming in its because of an injury to a scorer on the top 3 lines. 4 line checking is not Leino's game.

why couldn't they possibly end up sitting draper, move either cleary or sammy to the 4th line, because they have the ability to play grinder type min. if needed. then put Leino in top six.

Because Draper is the best on our team at faceoffs, and spends time on the penalty kill... If anyone sits it will be Abdelkader, barring injuries.

Leino for sammy. His team won the championship in Finland and he was MVP - he's got pressure exp. - I know the NHL is not the same,but still. He knows how to shoot around the goalie and hold onto the puck.

Its about time!!! Leino is an exciting guy that could spark this offense. We have enough guys not producing to plug him in easily. I'd yank

Hossa long before Sammy. All Sammy does is produce and people still rag on the dude, Hossa looked lost all last game. Light em up Leino!!!

I'd like to see Leino for a spell over Abdelkader and Maltby -- and Chicago is a great series and team to see him out there for. Leino has always impressed me because he goes straight for the net.

The Wings need to give all of these guys a chance play before they make decisions on who stays and who goes for next season

Except Downey. Bettman has forbidden him and his mighty point production from playing to try and keep the series even.

Mer, Not overly happy about this, I dont want to see Leino in the line up. But if it happens it happens i guess.

why not he was good during the regular season. 5 goals, 4 assists in 13 games thats not bad. either way detroit should still have the edge on chicago and its also nice to see lilja getting better

with all the scoring punch the Wings have, they don't need Leino to come in and save the day. they need someone faster on the transitions so they can continue with the odd man attacks they were getting in game 1.

*** - i would love to see more Finns in the lineup too, but they just don't need him (this round).

Edited by kook_10