Eastern Conference Finals

Game #1:

large.png@ large-1.png

NHL Game Preview | NHL Game Recap

Penguins win 3-2

Penguins lead series 1-0

Series Schedule

Game 1: Penguins 3, Hurricanes 2

Game 2: @ Pittsburgh, Thu. 5/21, 7:30 p.m.

Game 3: @ Carolina, Sat. 5/23, 7:30 p.m.

Game 4: @ Carolina, Tue. 5/26, 7:30 p.m.

*Game 5: @ Pittsburgh, Fri. 5/29, 7:30 p.m.

*Game 6: @ Carolina, Sun. 5/31, 7:30 p.m.

*Game 7: @ Pittsburgh, Tue. 6/2, 7:30 p.m.

* if necessary

Edited by Mike

This might be the 2nd time this year i seen the Hurricanes play. I know alot of people are writing them off already. But they took on 2 of the toughest teams so far in the playoffs, Got past The New Jersey Broduers and The Boston Bruins. To be completely honest both those teams are better than the Pen's. This should be a good series.

I'm rooting for the Pens, just because of my hatred torwards Paul Maurice.

I have no clue who I want to win the Eastern Conference Finals. On one hand you have Crosby who's playing out of his mind hockey, and on the other you have a team that comes from behind and beats pretty much whoever you put in front of them...

I'll let fate decide this one :P

Nominally, I'll cheer for the 'Canes because I think Cam Ward is awesome and deserves more respect!

I'm rooting for the Canes because I want all the Pitt hype to bite 'em in the butt. I think that's logical... :P

I agree it's gonna be a knock-down, drag-out series. And I'd like it to be. Crosby and Malkin are playing great; and Cam Ward seems to be stopping most of what comes his way.

Either way, if we win our series, it's gonna be a helluva Cup final.

I want to see the Pens face a team that actually has a balanced roster throughout. No soft goals from Biron, and a boatload of PP opportunities from the Flyers roster. No defense composed of 5 bottom-pairing Dmen and a forward like the Caps.

I want the Canes to demolish the Pens. If the Canes make it to the finals, it'll be nice to play a team that I can respect. What the Canes have done, they've done through hard work and teamwork. They epitomize an NHL playoff team right now. Hopefully they aren't too worn out from facing elite competition to take down the Pens.

I've yet to read a single analysis picking the Canes which confuses me since there are quite a few picking Chicago over the Wings and look who the Cane's have already dispatched this off season.

I am pulling for the Canes, but I believe the Crosby scoring chances vs Ward's ability to shut him down is the key to this series.

I am hoping: Canes win

I believe: the Pens take it in a long series.

Guest Shoreline
I've yet to read a single analysis picking the Canes which confuses me since there are quite a few picking Chicago over the Wings and look who the Cane's have already dispatched this off season.

Didn't two of the three people on Versus just pick the Canes?

Guest Shoreline

Game's underway. They started off before the opening faceoff with Ride the Lightning. Oh, when Metallica was actually worth a s***..

The canes would be so much friggin easier to take down in the stanley cup finals than pens. GO CANES!

Never pick your poison.

That being said, I think the Canes are going to win just because Ward is playing out of his mind right now.

Had the refs been like that on us during the Ducks we'd have had about 70 more PP chances that series me thinks.

Guest Shoreline

Refs: GO PENGUINS!!1ONE

Edited by Shoreline