• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Frozen-Man

Huge ratings for the Wings Blackhawks Game 1

Rate this topic

I know some here trash the Wings as being boring and no one liking to watch their style of play :rolleyes: but I guess that quite a few people still like to see them play.

Blackhawks/Red Wings Game 1 drew an impressive 2.0/5 overnight rating on NBC Sunday afternoon, up 18% from a 1.7/4 for Flyers/Penguins Game 5 on the comparable date last year, and the highest overnight rating for an NHL telecast on broadcast -- excluding the Stanley Cup Finals and the Winter Classic.

The local numbers were even better:

Chicago = 7.7/19

Detroit = 16.9/38

Edit: Hopefully this will lead to more/better sponsors and a higher cap!

Edited by Frozen-Man

Guest Shoreline
The league will definitely try and make this go 7 games then... :rolleyes:

Kane and Bettman will have *** sex, with Kane being the receiver. In return, the games will be reffed against the Wings and the Hawks will at very least make it to a Game 4. If the Wings don't win this series in 2 games, what I said is 100% true and it's a league conspiracy.

Edited by Shoreline

What does the second number mean? Like the size of the market or something?

2.0 is the percentage of households watching the game

5 is the percentage of all the televisions in use at the time of the game were showing the game.

Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but if Chicago's numbers were 7.7/19, wouldn't that mean they were at 41%?

That's only 4% less than Detroit's 45%.

7.7 is the rating - the % of people watching out of the total # of households in Chicago

19 is the share - the % of people who have their TVs on in Chicago

edit - sorry for the dupe

Edited by kook_10

Why would anyone say the Wings are boring? They are the most exciting team in hockey.

Well, personally... I've had friends tell me they find the Wings boring because they dominate so much. It's fun to watch your own team dominate. In the games where you don't care who wins, trading back and forth chances is much more exciting.

Also, glad to see the solid ratings.

Perhaps I'm doing this wrong, but if Chicago's numbers were 7.7/19, wouldn't that mean they were at 41%?

That's only 4% less than Detroit's 45%.

I'm confused now.

What does the second number mean? Like the size of the market or something?

The first number is the % of households that have their TV's on and the second number is the % that were watching the specific program.

Why would anyone say the Wings are boring? They are the most exciting team in hockey.

I don't know you'd have to ask guys like E_S_A_D and Micah

The games are getting mind numbingly boring to watch. We have our finesse players tossing the puck around and being cute.

This is the most boring, library ridden crowd (for good reason), hockey I've ever watched... It's getting more so every single game.

It's sad when I have to turn the chanel on my Center Ice when the Wings are on so that I can watch an interesting hockey game

I don't like that my favorite team is currently opting to play a style of hockey that isn't exactly the most exciting package they could put together

ITS UNLY CUZ WE VRSED CHICAGO THEYRE THE POPULR TEAM, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR THE TOP RATINGS WERE ZUC WE VERSUED THE PENZ AND ALSO IN 2002 THE TOP RATINGS WERE CUZ WE VERSED THE CANES, WHO ARE ALSO REALLY POPULAR ITS NOT CUZ THE WINGS ARE POPULAR REMEMBER EVERYONE HATES US

The local numbers were even better:

Chicago = 7.7/19

Detroit = 16.9/38

Nice job doubling Chicago to you locals! Considering the excitement over the team there, that's damn impressive.

ITS UNLY CUZ WE VRSED CHICAGO THEYRE THE POPULR TEAM, JUST LIKE LAST YEAR THE TOP RATINGS WERE ZUC WE VERSUED THE PENZ AND ALSO IN 2002 THE TOP RATINGS WERE CUZ WE VERSED THE CANES, WHO ARE ALSO REALLY POPULAR ITS NOT CUZ THE WINGS ARE POPULAR REMEMBER EVERYONE HATES US

:lol: Okay I choked on my dinner laughing at that.

2.0 is the percentage of households watching the game

5 is the percentage of all the televisions in use at the time of the game were showing the game.

Correct on the first part, wrong on the second part.

The 2% is indeed the % of households that watched the game - whether they watched anything on TV or not.

The 5% is the % of the households that watched the game out of the total number of households that were watching something.

To make this simple, you could say that if there were 100 Million households, 2 Million watched the game - that equals 2%. But, out of those 100 Million, only 40 Million had their TVs on - so, out of those 40 Million, 2 million (or 5%) watched the game.

So 7.7% of all TV households in Chicago watched the game and only 19% of the people watching TV tuned in. While in Detroit 16.9% of all TV households watched the game with 38% of the people watching TV tuned in. In other words, our hockey market is twice as popular as the hockey market in Chicago.

Kane and Bettman will have *** sex, with Kane being the receiver. In return, the games will be reffed against the Wings and the Hawks will at very least make it to a Game 4.

Intelligent. Why don't you go photo copy your ass cheeks, or have a spit wad fight in the frat house while your at it.

Why is big ratings for this series even a surprise? First off, the Hawks led the league in road attendance this season, & set a record for home attendance, so their obviously a draw. Then you got them matched with the defending Cup champion, a fierce rival, & division opponent in a Conference Final. I wouldn't expect anything different.

Guest micah
The first number is the % of households that have their TV's on and the second number is the % that were watching the specific program.

I don't know you'd have to ask guys like E_S_A_D and Micah

Dear retard:

I appreciate your little crush on me and I know you like to follow me around the board, but it's getting stale. Keep it in context, please.

I've really enjoyed the Wings games in the playoffs. That said, many reg season games were absolute snoozers, and if you wanted to see anyone playing with energy and actually looking like they cared at all, you'd have to turn and watch the Caps or Bruins (or even Ducks/Pens). Comparing wings postseason season play to their reg season play is like comparing awesome apples and boring apples that don't look motivated and dive to the ground instead of just falling off the tree like a man.

The Wing's play in the playoffs has been great! They're scoring when they need to, fighting more often, making pretty plays, making gritty plays, and just getting the job done, top to bottom.