• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwingsandspartans

Flyers interested in goaltending Price to Leave Montréal?

Rate this topic

I just read on prosportsdaily.com that the Flyers are interested in dealing some major names in exchange for a big name goaltender. 1 possibility mentioned online from several sources was Carey Price to the Flyers for Briere or Lupul and some other prospects and the rights to restricted free agent Mike Komisarek (who becomes unrestricted on July 1st).

The other possibility mentioned was the flyers looking to acquire Roberto Luongo from Vancouver in exchange for the same deal as mentioned above. But apparetly, Vancouver is looking for Jeff Carter.

I think Montréal needs to hold on to Price. They are overreacting to the emotions of their fans. Just last year in Montreal Price was "the next great Habs goaltender" and now they are looking to deal him for Briere or Lupul? Stupid Stupid in my opinion. What do you guys think about these possible trades?

I just read on prosportsdaily.com that the Flyers are interested in dealing some major names in exchange for a big name goaltender. 1 possibility mentioned online from several sources was Carey Price to the Flyers for Briere or Lupul and some other prospects and the rights to restricted free agent Mike Komisarek (who becomes unrestricted on July 1st).

The other possibility mentioned was the flyers looking to acquire Roberto Luongo from Vancouver in exchange for the same deal as mentioned above. But apparetly, Vancouver is looking for Jeff Carter.

I think Montréal needs to hold on to Price. They are overreacting to the emotions of their fans. Just last year in Montreal Price was "the next great Habs goaltender" and now they are looking to deal him for Briere or Lupul? Stupid Stupid in my opinion. What do you guys think about these possible trades?

So was Vadim Tarasov...

So was Vadim Tarasov...

It's true that Vadim Tarasov was a dissappointment but he was hardly considered the next "great habs goaltender." The guy never played a single NHL game. The fan support behind Price was astronomically higher than it was for Tarasov. Tarasov was just a late round steal for Montreal that they thought would end up paying off. But who knows? He's playing in the KHL now and he may end up signing with an NHL team when the KHL folds. :deal:

Price needs to get out of Montreal before his career is dead. That organization put way too much pressure on him and he hasn't reacted positively to it. He needs to go to like Atlanta or something where he can get the media out of his grill and get his head straightened out before he winds up going all Jim Carey.