• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 2 GDT: Blackhawks 2 at Red Wings 3 (OT)

Rate this topic

Why is everyone complaining about the Lidstrom holding call? Rafalski held Toews just before that, so technically there should have been two penalties. It was a clear hold on Lidstrom, get over it.

You didn't ask me for a recommendation for juju before the game. I want to make sure that streak of me telling you and us winning holds up!!

WYWH to The Final Cut although if you want to go past that and use AMLoR and The Division Bell, that's good too. Live/Studio versions are fine, covers aren't.

Dumbs***, nobody's mad at Lidstrom, we're mad at the refereeing.

There they go with the name calling again. The guys post had humor in it for crying out loud and it wasn't THAT subtle. Lay off him.

Pretty lazy first period. That's all I can really say. We just looked slow and didn't have the drive that is necessary to win.

Totally agree. They were mostly outskated, especially in the first period.

Why do I always have to complain about the refs? (rhetorical...I know they usually suck)

I expect one more chintzy penalty against us in the third and Chicago will get away with more than a few as long as we keep this lead.

Sorry, that's a horrible call on that Lidstrom play. Putting a hand on a player's back is NOT a penalty. There's absolutely no hold there. Bad call.

Red Wings hardly have any semblence of a forecheck -- far too concerned with the stretch pass. I think though almost two full games that the Hawks' defensemen are prone to turnovers when pressured. The best forecheck of the night was just before the end of the period when Abdelkader, Helm and Draper went in and forced a turnover.

Wings are noticably not emotionally engaged in this series yet... Is it going to take a Game 2 loss?

Hopefully it doesn't come to that -- it shouldn't have to.

Why do I always have to complain about the refs? (rhetorical...I know they usually suck)

I expect one more chintzy penalty against us in the third and Chicago will get away with more than a few as long as we keep this lead.

I'm already treating it as a foregone conclusion that they'll get another PP goal. So the Wings needs to score at least one more.

You didn't ask me for a recommendation for juju before the game. I want to make sure that streak of me telling you and us winning holds up!!

WYWH to The Final Cut although if you want to go past that and use AMLoR and The Division Bell, that's good too. Live/Studio versions are fine, covers aren't.

Had classes today and took a nice long nap. Funny thing though, at the drop of the puck I was thining about not setting up good juju for the game. So now I think that we got some good juju going the Wings will score 3 hattricks this period!

It's the glitter Crosby puts in his hair. It flies around when he's skating.

Yeah Like FAIRY DUST....it must work....maybe we should get some for Dats....oh wait it is only distributed by the league to "Elite Players"

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

I would honestly like to know why it is hard for refs to be consistent. Anyone?

Oh oh oh! Let me try a few reasons:

1. They in are over their heads

2. They have no idea how to enforce the new rules so they do it randomly otherwise the coaches would have to work on line combos of 3 players

3. They just won't acknowledge that with technology, just a little, the game could be so much more fair

4. They are too busy getting in the way of the play that they miss half of the calls they should make....

Who knows. I wish they would interview the refs once in a while.

Red Wings hardly have any semblence of a forecheck -- far too concerned with the stretch pass. I think though almost two full games that the Hawks' defensemen are prone to turnovers when pressured. The best forecheck of the night was just before the end of the period when Abdelkader, Helm and Draper went in and forced a turnover.

Good point...we've now scored two goals in this series on Keith-Seabrook being pressured and coughing it up (Cleary tonight, although that started in our end, Franzen on Sunday). We need to rachet it up in their end.

Guest lilja4mvp

my cindy gif! glad it's making the rounds.

believe i originally named it 'crysby.gif' when i added the trembling lip lol