• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BewareThePenguin

The goalie interference Carolina got away with last night: diabolical

Rate this topic

Seems like justice after the Hossa goal in game 6 last year?

Where was Lilja's stick on that play?

(Btw, it wasn't interference on Staal)

Wow, posted split seconds before my post. Great minds..

I believe this to be an instance of flak according to the propaganda model.

1.Ownership of the medium

2.Medium's funding sources

3.Sourcing

4.Flak

5.Anti-communist ideology

This is simply a targeted effort to discredit haters who disagree that the game should not be tilted for the Penguins and eliminate doubt cast on the prevailing assumptions that Crosby is likely a God.

Anti-Crosbyites will be marginalized by pointing to this non-call as clear evidence that the Penguins are indeed a superior team whom never have penalties called against them. Because Crosby is a God.

How about 6. The Plain Simple Truth, Mr. Minister of Disinformation there?

What, the stick didn't get knocked out of his hands?

Sometimes facts are just facts.

I am more than willing to discount hard-to-see stuff, but slamming someone into the boards and then doing it to two more people right in the same shift way before they even can reach the puck is not subtle or hard to see in the slightest bit any more than the obstruction seen before the lockout with players riding one another with their stick or grabbing them. If you read the GDT several people were wondering what the f*** Gill wasn't given a penalty for, since there was a linesman visibly seen that was looking right at the play.

Alright, you and I were talking about two very different things then. I completely agree that there have been blatant missed calls (Pronger wrestling Hossa to the ground is just one example).

Despite acknowledging their personal interpretation comes into play, you suddenly downplay the implications of it. I have some very simple questions then. Do you really think the refs did not see the obstruction pre-lockout? Do you really think they do not see the interference that has been happening? It seems we need to get past this part first.

I'm not downplaying the implications of it, you and I were talking about two completely separate types of penalties.

I have some very simple questions then. Do you really think the refs did not see the obstruction pre-lockout? Do you really think they do not see the interference that has been happening? It seems we need to get past this part first.

I'm not exactly sure what you expect to be done about them though. It's just as baffling to me some of the calls that are missed, but do you really think they're missing calls on purpose? Bottom line is that each ref calls interference slightly differently and especially at different points of the game. I think the way the rules are being enforced now is the reason the refs used to allow obstruction to the extent they did pre-lockout. As for post-lockout, the interference is one of those things that I agree is way overlooked. Point and case: the Anaheim series.

Screw me? NOTHING was as blatant as that stick knockout. Take off your red glasses and maybe there'll be enough room to get your head out of your ass-hat. Asshat.

okay I get it , you're a twelve your old troll. Gotcha

You totally ignored my question. Why are you crying about a stick being knocked out in a game you WON. Carolina lost two important players in questionable circumstances AND had the tieing goal negated. Here at LGW we know all about tying goals being called back, i suggest you go cry on the pens board.

Edited by theman19

Guest Shoreline
Alright, you and I were talking about two very different things then. I completely agree that there have been blatant missed calls (Pronger wrestling Hossa to the ground is just one example).

I'm not downplaying the implications of it, you and I were talking about two completely separate types of penalties.

I'm not exactly sure what you expect to be done about them though. It's just as baffling to me some of the calls that are missed, but do you really think they're missing calls on purpose? Bottom line is that each ref calls interference slightly differently and especially at different points of the game. I think the way the rules are being enforced now is the reason the refs used to allow obstruction to the extent they did pre-lockout. As for post-lockout, the interference is one of those things that I agree is way overlooked. Point and case: the Anaheim series.

Okay, so we are on the same page. Now, what I would expect there to be done is look at the way their referees are calling interference, amongst other penalties, and at very least for the league to direct their officiating to call blatant penalties such as interference infractions that go uncalled like our case Gill example. Since there was simply NO way the official could have missed these, just like pre-lockout obstruction was so grossly seen, it is logical to deduce they are simply not calling it. And again, either explain the reason why it's not being called, or, more importantly (since I'd rather see it fixed than justified, as we know interference is interference no matter the reason for it) fix the problem. The Anaheim series you correctly pointed out, and it wasn't just noted by us, but Sharks fans also iterated during the San Jose/Anaheim series the blatant interference issue surrounding Anaheim and how often they got away with it. Normally I don't like bitching just for the sake of bitching but with how many games I watch (not just the Wings), it gets very tiresome and frustrating to see the same s*** happen over and over again.

Edit: Oh, and I really liked the discussion we had too. I agree with you that we shouldn't be hard on the refs for calls they might not have seen, and I won't split hairs over such ambiguity. I'm more or less focused on the obvious occurrences that are all too frequent.

Edited by Shoreline

How about 6. The Plain Simple Truth, Mr. Minister of Disinformation there?

What, the stick didn't get knocked out of his hands?

Sometimes facts are just facts.

I'm not saying that brah.

The stick got knocked out of his hands, yes. Yes, Pittsburgh is a good team. It's just, there have been an overwhelming amount of non-calls on would be penalties to the Penguins. If you added up similar infractions by the Penguins and compared them to the opposing team's calls you would consistently see fewer penalties to Pittsburgh than to the opposition. If you did that, you could pretty much prove there is a bias to the Penguins. This lack of calls leads to more space for skilled players and the ability to score more goals.

Edited by Zetterling

Guest MrSandMan

Whoa, why is a Pen fan starting a reffing whine fest on LGW.com? All they do is whine on their forums about refs, now they wish to bring it over here? Them poor Pens, they are so beat up and given the raw deal all the time by the big bad refs. Boo-Hoo! :puke:

I think they had to kill one (that I remember, I am getting older) in the Caps series, but I would be willing to bet that they get more 5 on 3 PP in the playoffs than any other team.

Exactly. And Detroit just faced their fourth 5 on 3 disadvantage. If this was the other way around with the Pens having 2 power plays in 2 games, we'd be hearing constant whining from Pens fans about the officiating. Pens fans have no right to complain about officiating.

Whoa, why is a Pen fan starting a reffing whine fest on LGW.com? All they do is whine on their forums about refs, now they wish to bring it over here? Them poor Pens, they are so beat up and given the raw deal all the time by the big bad refs. Boo-Hoo! :puke:

:lol: It really is pretty bad when it reaches all the way to LGW like that.

Okay, so we are on the same page. Now, what I would expect there to be done is look at the way their referees are calling interference, amongst other penalties, and at very least for the league to direct their officiating to call blatant penalties such as interference infractions that go uncalled like our case Gill example. Since there was simply NO way the official could have missed these, just like pre-lockout obstruction was so grossly seen, it is logical to deduce they are simply not calling it. And again, either explain the reason why it's not being called, or, more importantly (since I'd rather see it fixed than justified, as we know interference is interference no matter the reason for it) fix the problem. The Anaheim series you correctly pointed out, and it wasn't just noted by us, but Sharks fans also iterated during the San Jose/Anaheim series the blatant interference issue surrounding Anaheim and how often they got away with it. Normally I don't like bitching just for the sake of bitching but with how many games I watch (not just the Wings), it gets very tiresome and frustrating to see the same s*** happen over and over again.

Edit: Oh, and I really liked the discussion we had too. I agree with you that we shouldn't be hard on the refs for calls they might not have seen, and I won't split hairs over such ambiguity. I'm more or less focused on the obvious occurrences that are all too frequent.

Yeah, there's no argument from me regarding the missed interference calls. While some of them are borderline, there are plenty that aren't and I certainly wonder if some refs are simply swallowing their whistles to prevent being the one that's deciding a game. The truth of the matter is though, by them not making a call they're actually deciding the game for the other team.

Nice discussion with you as well.

I'm not saying that brah.

The stick got knocked out of his hands, yes. Yes, Pittsburgh is a good team. It's just, there have been an overwhelming amount of non-calls on would be penalties to the Penguins. If you added up similar infractions by the Penguins and compared them to the opposing team's calls you would consistently see fewer penalties to Pittsburgh than to the opposition. If you did that, you could pretty much prove there is a bias to the Penguins. This lack of calls leads to more space for skilled players and the ability to score more goals.

the same logic would apply to the red wings then. if you wanted to get overly analytical.... the wings so far are short handed 3.5 times per game to the pens 3.6 times per game. the pens have had an average of 5 pp's per game vs the redwings 4.6 power plays per game. so those stats are virtually a wash.

however the pens are a whopping plus 19 and wings a lofty plus 14..... but

if you watched the pens / caps series, you would have noticed the the caps had no choice but to take penalties as most of their time was spent chasing the pens or fighting of a very effective forecheck. additionally the caps were the 3rd most penalized team in the league during the regular season. you would also realize that the first series was against the flyers who are ... well...... the flyers . who as usual were the second most penalized team in the league. did everyone expect these two teams to suddenly become saints because the playoffs started??

not saying there have not been missed calls against the pens............ just saying there have been missed calls against everyone.........

lets all stop the whiney conspiracy referee bias bla bla bla.