• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shockwave180

A Chant I'd Love to Hear...

Rate this topic

There've been a couple threads lately discussing some of classy things Blackhawks fans chant when they play Detroit. But if we win (and that's hardly a given), I'd love to see Wings fans adopt the following chant, to the tune of "When the Saints Go Marching In":

"You won the Cup

In black and white

You won the Cup in black and white

You won the Cup before color

You won the Cup in black and white"

In English football (or soccer for us Yanks), Arsenal fans sing this when they play their arch-rivals Tottenham, who (ironically enough) also last won the English league in 1961. Whether you love or hate soccer, I think this is a great, stfu putdown.

Imagine: time winding down in Game 5 (or Game 7) and the Joe starts singing this en masse. It would be just beautiful. Forget braindead "Detroit Sucks" chants and auto industry putdowns; this is clever, amusing, and cuts right to the heart of the issue: our team is better than yours.

Feel free to contribute other ideas for anti-Hawks chants as well.

I've always wondered why we don't have a song. In Europe/Sweden they do. I think we're gonna get shown up by the crowds there in the season-opener next year. We should start a song that we can continually sing like they do at soccer games in Europe. It would be so awesome. Maybe we should start a thread and have people submit ideas...

The "Let's Go Red Wings" is classic, but unoriginal. Every team uses it, including the retarded Ducks who don't realize their team name is one syllable.

its rather funny, noticing in these playoffs, the Detroit crowd loves to sing.

"Don't Stop Believing" and "Living On A Prayer" seem to be the two theme songs to the Joe as of late...and sadly I am very OK with that.

I like the chant, would LOVE to hear that on my tv tonight.

There've been a couple threads lately discussing some of classy things Blackhawks fans chant when they play Detroit. But if we win (and that's hardly a given), I'd love to see Wings fans adopt the following chant, to the tune of "When the Saints Go Marching In":

"You won the Cup

In black and white

You won the Cup in black and white

You won the Cup before color

You won the Cup in black and white"

In English football (or soccer for us Yanks), Arsenal fans sing this when they play their arch-rivals Tottenham, who (ironically enough) also last won the English league in 1961. Whether you love or hate soccer, I think this is a great, stfu putdown.

Imagine: time winding down in Game 5 (or Game 7) and the Joe starts singing this en masse. It would be just beautiful. Forget braindead "Detroit Sucks" chants and auto industry putdowns; this is clever, amusing, and cuts right to the heart of the issue: our team is better than yours.

Feel free to contribute other ideas for anti-Hawks chants as well.

That would be awesome, I'd settle for chanting "61"

My favourite chants ever:

"We Want Roy... We Want Roy!" after Roy was pulled in the 2002 ECF

the "na-na-na-na...na-na-na-na... hey hey hey... goodbye!" very early (1st period?) of that same game*

*might be a fabrication by my memory :lol: ... I'm sure someone could confirm

My favourite chants ever:

"We Want Roy... We Want Roy!" after Roy was pulled in the 2002 ECF

the "na-na-na-na...na-na-na-na... hey hey hey... goodbye!" very early (1st period?) of that same game*

*might be a fabrication by my memory :lol: ... I'm sure someone could confirm

I remember too at the end of the third period of that game people started singing "Sweet Caroline" (get it, because Carolina already clinched a spot in the finals???) Priceless.

Just got back from the game. What a blast.

Was thinking the "na-na-na-na...na-na-na-na... hey hey hey... goodbye!" chant could have been going if the Wings had a decent lead late in the third, but oh well.

Still remember the whole crowd singing "Sweet Caroline" when the Wings advanced to the SCF in 2002.