• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Reds4Life

Is Nicklas Lidstrom a cyborg?

Rate this topic

Nicklas Lidstrom reminds Tomas Holmstrom of his dear old Swedish grandfather. That sounds like it's a slight on Lidstrom -- the guy only just turned 39 -- but as with so many other comments about the guy the Red Wings call "the perfect human" it really isn't.

Advertisement

"In all the years I've known Nick," Holmstrom said, "I've maybe heard him raise his voice three times. My grandpa's calmer than Nick, but he's 80 years old."

http://www.freep.com/article/20090519/SPOR.../905190354/1048

And he is Red Wings' new playoff assists leader, passing former captain Steve Yzerman.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090519/SPOR.../905190354/1048

And he is Red Wings' new playoff assists leader, passing former captain Steve Yzerman.

From the Yahoo recap:

Detroit captain Nicklas Lidstrom’s assist on Rafalski’s goal was his 116th in the playoffs, moving him ahead of Steve Yzerman and into first place on the Red Wings’ career list. He tied Larry Robinson for fourth among defenseman on the NHL list.

Go Lids!!

And what a great pass it was.

Lids is the king. It feels strange to think of the day he will no longer be on the team.

Guest micah

Yed, he is a cyborg. A hockeybot. Dude is somehow always in opsition. Scores more than most offensive minded DMen and is as solid on D as anyone in the league. One of the all time greats.

Yed, he is a cyborg. A hockeybot. Dude is somehow always in opsition. Scores more than most offensive minded DMen and is as solid on D as anyone in the league. One of the all time greats.

All this cyborg talk got me thinking . . .

lidstromcyborgmotivatord.jpg

The tagline is a little over the top considering Nick's personality, but it's such a great line from the movie I had to use it.

Edited by gentex