• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reggin

Would you trade a second rounder for?

Rate this topic

Hes 6'5 250lbs and can fly. He also fights and is known for throwing massive hits, not to mention hes got a little bit of skill about him.

Hes only 26 and would give us a player in the mold of Drake and officially replace the failed project known as Thomas Kopecky.

Thoughts?

Wings might not want to do that this year. Apparently this year's draft is really deep.

Is deep in the top thirty but like every other draft once you get out of the first round its a crap shoot.

We're talking about the 56th overall pick for a player who can immediately step into the lineup and play on the third or fourth line.

Plus the wings would still have their first rounder, which they could trade for a couple second round picks..

I watched him closely in KHL and during some international tournaments team Russia was involved into. I would say he could be the guy we are looking for. Of course, he is not top 6 player but he can easily play 3rd line minutes, provide huge net presence and is always ready to drop the gloves. He is also not known for bad penalties. I would easily send 2nd or better 3rd round pick in exchange for Artuknin.

Edit: he reminds me Lucic. Big, tough, more or less good hands. He should be coached properly to get max return though...

Edited by RusDRW

Hmm. Hes been suspended twice. Two games for a knee on knee, and two games for beating Vermette with his own helmet. Seem like a bit of a hot head.

Makes 1 mil next year, and then is a UFA. Lightning had trouble signing him in 05-06, and he split and went back to Russia for 2 years.

No thanks, sound too risky.

Tampa had trouble signing him because they wanted him to play in the AHL instead of with the big club, which was performing terribly. Who wouldn't take more money to play at home?

If the Wings traded for R2 he wouldn't see a game in Grand Rapids.

Tampa had trouble signing him because they wanted him to play in the AHL instead of with the big club, which was performing terribly. Who wouldn't take more money to play at home?

If the Wings traded for R2 he wouldn't see a game in Grand Rapids.

People who want to play in the best league in the world, and earn their roster spot.

Doesnt sound like he has the best attitude IMO.

I'll pass.

Edit: Sounds like another greedy Russian :ph34r:

Edited by Statts

People who want to play in the best league in the world, and earn their roster spot.

Doesnt sound like he has the best attitude IMO.

I'll pass.

5 years after being drafted and playing at the top level of the RSL, Tampa signed him and asked him to come over. They than stuck him in the AHL and when his contract came up he bolted back to Russia. They did the same thing with Svitov.

The AHL isn't the NHL.

He's a spot picking visor wearing Euro, but he'd be a vast improvement over our current toughness at forward.

He hits like a ton and does get in quite a few fights, despite some of the liberties he takes during these fights.

I'd have to say yes knowing that Holland is unlikely to go after anyone tougher.

5 years after being drafted and playing at the top level of the RSL, Tampa signed him and asked him to come over. They than stuck him in the AHL and when his contract came up he bolted back to Russia. They did the same thing with Svitov.

The AHL isn't the NHL.

A second round pick for a 3 or 4th liner, who is under contract for one year and has a history of leaving for money. No thanks.

A second round pick for a 3 or 4th liner, who is under contract for one year and has a history of leaving for money. No thanks.

Detroit's second pick last season was Andersson and hes expected to be a 3rd or 4th line energy guy.

R2 was taken 96th overall in 2002 and Kopecky was taken 38th overall in the previous years draft.

A second round pick is the price to pay for a guy of this caliber.

a 2nd rounder is definitely a steep price for a player of his calibre, from an entertainment standpoint I'd say yes... any realistic chance? no... not for a 2nd rounder

but he's big, fast, skilled, and one mean son of a ***** that I'd love to have on the team

Detroit's second pick last season was Andersson and hes expected to be a 3rd or 4th line energy guy.

R2 was taken 96th overall in 2002 and Kopecky was taken 38th overall in the previous years draft.

A second round pick is the price to pay for a guy of this caliber.

He is under contract for one year, who is to say he wont split for more money after his current contract? His past seems to say he will. Not worth the 2nd round IMO.

He is under contract for one year, who is to say he wont split for more money after his current contract? His past seems to say he will. Not worth the 2nd round IMO.

If he was all about money than why is he in the NHL now? He could have made more in the KHL this season than in Tampa.

He bolted because the Bolts wouldn't offer him a spot on their roster after holding his rights for half a decade, after doing the same to the third overall pick Svitov and having a coach that doesn't particularly get along well with Russians.

He wanted playing time, not money. Why would you want to play in Syracuse for $80,000 a season when you can play in Russia for a million?

If he was all about money than why is he in the NHL now? He could have made more in the KHL this season than in Tampa.

He bolted because the Bolts wouldn't offer him a spot on their roster after holding his rights for half a decade, after doing the same to the third overall pick Svitov and having a coach that doesn't particularly get along well with Russians.

He wanted playing time, not money. Why would you want to play in Syracuse for $80,000 a season when you can play in Russia for a million?

Not according to his wikipedia page.