• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reggin

Would you trade a second rounder for?

Rate this topic

Guest lnvincible
Is deep in the top thirty but like every other draft once you get out of the first round its a crap shoot.

We're talking about the 56th overall pick for a player who can immediately step into the lineup and play on the third or fourth line.

Plus the wings would still have their first rounder, which they could trade for a couple second round picks..

Who cares what round it is? Hasn't Detroit made the right move more then offen, no matter what round it is? In my opinion i wouldn't. I much raither pick up a solid player and work him thru our system then taking a player and adding him into our lineup in a flash. Detroit is known for developing there players thru there system, which the way they play. I wouldnt take the risk.

Edited by lnvincible

Who cares what round it is? Hasn't Detroit made the right move more then offen, no matter what round it is? In my opinion i wouldn't. I much raither pick up a solid player and work him thru our system then taking a player and adding him into our lineup in a flash. Detroit is known for developing there players thru there system, which the way they play. I wouldnt take the risk.

Detroit didn't develop Rafalski, Hossa or Stuart..

A second rounder for a player who can step in day of? Seems like a decent price to pay. He is everything we've hoped Kopecky could be..

And Rafalski and Hossa were UFA superstars, who took pay cuts to sign here...

Rafalski didn't take a substanital paycut.... and Hossa took about $500,000 less than the Pens were offering.

Rafalski didn't take a substanital paycut.... and Hossa took about $500,000 less than the Pens were offering.

I guess it depends on your definition of substantial. You see the money that clown Brian Campbell is making? Shaving a cool million off Rafalski's deal is pretty big in the cap game.

Hossa is rumored to have turned down a 10 year 80 mil deal from the oilers. Rafalski could of signed for more elsewhere also. Both were bonafide superstars.

Who ever you want to trade for is a 3rd liner at best right now and not worth the risk IMO.

Edited by Statts

I guess it depends on your definition of substantial. You see the money that clown Brian Campbell is making? Shaving a cool million off Rafalski's deal is pretty big in the cap game.

Campbell is younger, Rafalski wasn't going to get a 7 year deal for $56 million from any team.

Hossa turned down $90 million from the least desirable place in the league to play. He took around a million less than he would have received from any other team for one season, going to the cup winner.

Hossa is going to sign a long term deal with a team next season, probably in the mold of Zetterberg or Franzen's deal.

Any player on any team could be making more if they decided to play for the trashiest team in the league, who has to overpay in order to attract free agents.

Hossa is rumored to have turned down a 10 year 80 mil deal from the oilers. Rafalski could of signed for more elsewhere also. Both were bonafide superstars.

Who ever you want to trade for is a 3rd liner at best right now and not worth the risk IMO.

What does this team lack?

A big winger who doesn't shy away from hitting and doesn't shy away from dropping the gloves.

Trading a second rounder, for a player we can have NOW, instead of waiting five seasons, makes a hell of a lot more sense than drafting another Kopecky and hoping he pans out.

R2 makes $900,000 a season...

Whos to say he couldn't be taught to play a Holmstrom role on the PP?

Know of many defenseman that could move a 6'5 250lb winger out of the crease?

Campbell is younger, Rafalski wasn't going to get a 7 year deal for $56 million from any team.

Hossa turned down $90 million from the least desirable place in the league to play. He took around a million less than he would have received from any other team for one season, going to the cup winner.

Hossa is going to sign a long term deal with a team next season, probably in the mold of Zetterberg or Franzen's deal.

Any player on any team could be making more if they decided to play for the trashiest team in the league, who has to overpay in order to attract free agents.

Do you ever feel the least bit embarassed about some of the bulls*** comments you make? Ever been to a game in Atlanta? How about a Panthers game?

Yeah, and what about a five year deal, which is what he did get? Don't think he could have gotten an extra $5-7M tucked into that deal from another team?

The only team we'll know that offered more money was New Jersey...

Just assuming that Edmonton would offer any and every UFA $10 million a season is ridiculous.

Chicago overbid for Campbell for the same reason they overbid for Huet. They wanted to attract fans.

Rafalski took less to play here because;

1. He grew up here

2. New Jersey, for all intents and purposes were on their way down the standings.

Some of you take these "Discounts" too seriously.

Do you ever feel the least bit embarassed about some of the bulls*** comments you make? Ever been to a game in Atlanta? How about a Panthers game?

I was referring to Edmonton.. and yes, according to the players, its the least desirable place in the league to play.

The only team we'll know that offered more money was New Jersey...

Rafalski took less to play here because;

1. He grew up here

2. New Jersey, for all intents and purposes were on their way down the standings.

So we agree he took a paycut. Doesn't have to be half his value or something crazy, because nobody signs deals like that. Even one million is a victory in the cap game.

So we agree he took a paycut. Doesn't have to be half his value or something crazy, because nobody signs deals like that. Even one million is a victory in the cap game.

"Discount" is all relative. I look at it as a payment to play for a great organization and a cup contender.

Anyone signing long term for a bottom feeder absolutely is just in it for the money. Which is fine, since its a job but people need to stop acting like "player A" is a martyr for taking a million less.

Any business professional could probably make more money at another job but there are always pros and cons of any job. Detroit is comfy. Players have to pay for that comfort.

If you want the cap max, sign with Edmonton.

I was referring to Edmonton.. and yes, according to the players, its the least desirable place in the league to play.

Actually, Buffalo was #1 among the players in that poll. But nonetheless, atmosphere wise, there are alot of worse places to play than in Edmonton.

okay leaving the OPs name (reggin) spelled backwards out of this...artukyhin is a scumbag. i kind of like the fact that the wings are classy and this guy would immediately ruin their good name. he is constantly kneeing people, fights with a visor and come on a 2nd round pick!? you can sign probably 20 different guys who could do his job at the league minimum every off season. who trades for a one dimensional fighter? i dont even understand it when one gets drafted. i think we could use one somedays but seriously, theyre a dime a dozen.

but i have to mention this again, reggin??

Guest Crymson

I think your validity as a reasonable participant in this discussion just went down considerably.

A second round pick for a 3 or 4th liner, who is under contract for one year and has a history of leaving for money. No thanks.

Exactly, You give a 2nd rounder for an aging vet who can be slotted in the top six. Not for a guy who will be a 4th liner on the Red Wings and has a history of being not being loyal to his club. Plus, he fights with his visor on, at least koko takes his off like a real man, sorry, this guy is not of the Red Wing mold.

who trades for a one dimensional fighter? i dont even understand it when one gets drafted. i think we could use one somedays but seriously, theyre a dime a dozen.

but i have to mention this again, reggin??

He's not a "one-dimensional" fighter though, which is why the OP started this thread. He can actually play hockey.

FYI, fighters are usually the first to get picked up at the trade deadline.

esteef