• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reggin

Would you trade a second rounder for?

Rate this topic

What's the chance of our 2nd round pick in this years draft at making the team in the future?

I wouldn't mind seeing this guy in a Wings jersey; just think - he might be 1 of the few guys on our team that could make that space between Pronger's front teeth a little bit wider :hockeysmile:

Well, since 2002: Hudler, Fleischmann, Howard, Abdelkader, Matthias have all seen NHL time and 3 of those have played in the post-season. The Red Wings have been doing very well in drafting second rounders. Not too mention: Hattrick Dick and Emmerton are well on their way to being impact players.

I'll keep that second rounder and produce a top six player in the next few years instead of waste it on a fourth line goon.

He's not a "one-dimensional" fighter though, which is why the OP started this thread. He can actually play hockey.

FYI, fighters are usually the first to get picked up at the trade deadline.

esteef

I was completely unaware that Jussi Jokenin, Mattheiu Schneider, Mike Comrie, Kunitz were fighters?

I was completely unaware that Jussi Jokenin, Mattheiu Schneider, Mike Comrie, Kunitz were fighters?

That's a George Laraque quote so you'll have to argue with him. And Kunitz and Comrie do fight, just sayin'...

esteef

That's a George Laraque quote so you'll have to argue with him. And Kunitz and Comrie do fight, just sayin'...

esteef

Ah fair enough! Lilja has more regular season fights than both Kunitz and Comrie combined though ;)

Ah fair enough! Lilja has more regular season fights than both Kunitz and Comrie combined though ;)

Your list of players is very select though, you forgot Nathan McIver, Sheldon Brookbank, and Eric Reitz, all gone before the players you mentioned (none of these technically on deadline day though, including yours :) ).

esteef

He's not a "one-dimensional" fighter though, which is why the OP started this thread. He can actually play hockey.

FYI, fighters are usually the first to get picked up at the trade deadline.

esteef

That would also make them the first to be given away.

I didn't think you were allowed to fight with a visor on. That's lame. :thumbdown:
You're not allowed to instigate a fight with a visor on.

The Wings aren't trading a 2nd rounder for a 3rd/4th rounder. That's not how they roll.

Your list of players is very select though, you forgot Nathan McIver, Sheldon Brookbank, and Eric Reitz, all gone before the players you mentioned (none of these technically on deadline day though, including yours :) ).

esteef

I think I went with the five trades closest to the trade dealine since there really weren't any deadline deals and I only mentioned the players that went the contending teams at that time.

the wings don't need fighters...that's not the type of team they are! They need skill, speed, hands and smarts!

If he could step in and play like eriksson...then hell yes!

Edited by kelloggfan

How come Brookbank did?

Because he's a right-handed shot that can play the PP (former Eddie Shore winner in the AHL). They needed one when they traded away Montador.

You have to remember that this is Sheldon and not Wade. He's a tough guy, but he can actually play unlike his brother.

:lol: So I guess Luongo, the Sedins, Mats Sundin, Chara, etc all suck too then right?

Bunch of f***in' golfers?

esteef

Honestly? It's not as if these guys have a winning pedigree. They didn't help their cause very much, or at least enough to delay their tee times.

Eager, Burrish, Walker...

Golfing very soon...

Thornton, Bitz, Clarkson were effectif in playoff - I really don't see your point...

That's fine.

The funny part is I've lobbied for Artyukhin several times. I'd be hesitant to part with a 2nd without an extention, but I'd absolutely love to have him on the team.

Golfing very soon...

That's fine.

The funny part is I've lobbied for Artyukhin several times. I'd be hesitant to part with a 2nd without an extention, but I'd absolutely love to have him on the team.

I hope that you are right... :)

BTW Eager is having pretty nice playoff.

My 1st choice would be Shawn Thornton

Edited by Dominator2005