• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
lidstromfan5

Last nights Tigers game

Rate this topic

Last night at the Tigers game was probably the most memorable experience ever at a game ever. I bought some seats for $3 off stubhub to sit in section 340. Anyway, my friends cousin had tickets 2nd row behind the dugout, and he tells me he is sitting next to Darren McCarty. So my friends cousin says he has 2 seats and there is one empty one so all 3 of us can sit there, so we go down and go to the seats and here I am sitting next to Dmac. After the inning ends I say whats up and tell him i won't talk his ear off, he said its cool dont worry and ask my name. Then I realize Jimmy Howard is sitting in front of me, I say whats up to him. Me and Dmac talked about baseball the whole game with only one mention of hockey. I got my picture with both of them. Couple funny stories are me and dmac were talking about how improved Inge's hitting is and as we talk about it as he hits a home run. Then we talked about Brandon Lyon and how awful he is and he gives up a homer on the first pitch. The guy they were with was asking Jimmy if he had been to Chicago and he said no they only let me go on the west coast trips, then i chimed in, or they let you go to Minnesota and he laughed and said yeah we wont talk about that. All in all, it was a great experience.

I LOVE reading stories like this. Thanks! I always knew Mac was a class act. And it's great that you got to talk to Howard too. We watched most of that game. I told husband that when one of the Tigers was walking back to the dugout I saw a Wings' jersey...a white one. Didn't see what number, but I clapped anyway. ^_^

Sounds like a great night. I have had the pleasure of meeting Dmac a couple of times myself. He is really one of the better guys in pro sports. Always willing to chat to people.

You are very lucky.

I still remember our going to a game in Deetroit and before the game started, I went down to the glass to watch them warm up. At one point, Mac was standing right next to me (of course on the other side) and as I looked up adoringly at him (OK, stared...), he looked down at me and smiled and nodded.

And it's little things like that I'll remember the rest of my life.