• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Firehawk

Datsyuk listed as "day to day"

Rate this topic

That would suck if he has to miss the game. Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

It would suck for him to miss a game even though he hasnt done much in the playoffs. He might not have scored a bunch but his presence scares the hell out of defenses so they load up on him. I think his absense from a game is going to hurt but I have to say that the Wings will survive seeing how dats hasn't produced much.

I am a little scared about the 3rd line with Maltby and Lleno in it. That could be scarey but I think Babs knows what he is doing.

Guest mindfly

It says he got a sore foot... i knew he had some kind of injury...

It would suck for him to miss a game even though he hasnt done much in the playoffs. He might not have scored a bunch but his presence scares the hell out of defenses so they load up on him. I think his absense from a game is going to hurt but I have to say that the Wings will survive seeing how dats hasn't produced much.

I am a little scared about the 3rd line with Maltby and Lleno in it. That could be scarey but I think Babs knows what he is doing.

I'm in no way going to argue that we're in a good position without Dats, so that is my disclaimer before I say this.

But perhaps not having their defense load up on Dats line, if he gets replaced by Fil or Leino, will put Hossa Fil/Leino Holmstrom in a position to put up some numbers. Perhaps them not lining up good D on Hossa could get him on the board, and he can build off of that. Thoughts?

Edited by DreamsofHope

Hopefully Dats is not injured and he's just a taking the day off to prepare for the game in Chicago. He has played a big part in your physical game but hasn't seen the score sheet recently. A lot of our big guns haven't been able to produce points like they have in the past. If we are going to get past the Hawks our big guns are going to have to start getting it done. While it's nice that the other guys are chipping in but Hossa, Datsyuk, and Zetterberg all need to find twine soon so the Wings can get the W's they need for hopefully another Stanley Cup Championship.

Guest micah

Dats is a great (though underperforming offensively) player without a doubt, but this sings team is stacked. they can beat chicago with him or without him. If Franzen, Lidstrom and Osgood stay healthy, they will raise another Cup.

Interesting that Babs moved Hudler to the line with Homer and Hossa, though I guess when you've got Mule/Cleary/Zata clicking as well as they have been, you need to move someone else up.

Should be interesting (in a bad way) if he can't play on friday.

Though I'm not too worried since Ozzie is playing so well.

Edited by Theophany

Guest mindfly

It also says Leino might play, in favour of Abdelkader according to mlive.

Maltby is playing in place of Abdelkader. If Datsyuk is out, I suspect that Leino will play in his stead. Checker for a checker, scorer for a scorer. As someone else said, it will be interesting to see what kind of lines we will roll if he doesn't play. Though I'd rather he did obviously...

Babcock will make it work, and I'm sure he won't break up FZC.