• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mike

ECF Game #2 GDT

Rate this topic

I've been complaining all year about the Wings not being able to clear the zone. Sometimes, it feels like they're the worst at it of any team in the league. Watching that last Carolina attempt, I've decided to stop complaining.

To be fair, though, Carolina's special teams tonight would make every other team's special teams look godly.

Yeah, you can't deny the kid's a ridiculous talent.

He is an excellent hockey player. I just dont' want to see his ads, nor watch him play hockey in front of an adoring Canadian media.

I'm not Crosby 'fan', but you can't argue with 24pts in 15 games... that's just retarded good.

Oh, I'm not disputing his talent at all, and it's nothing against him. It's the commentators that are embarrassing

Malkin hat trick.

That was an impressive goal.

Wonder if Crosby will say something about the hats or delaying their momentum or something... ;)

4-6

I was just thinking that :lol:

That was an annoyingly amazing goal. And announcers STOP GOING ON ABOUT CROSBY for the love of God! There are actually several other hundred players in this league in case you didnt notice...some of them even play for teams that arnt Pittsburgh.

"People kept throwing hats," Sidney Crosby said tonight. "I was just asking if he could make an announcement to ask them to stop. I mean, the first wave came and then I think they were all pretty much picked up, and then more started coming. So for us, we just wanted to make sure we kept kind of moving and kept the game going, wanted to try to get back in it. So wasn't complaining about anything."

The tables have turned. I wonder if Sid the Kid was calling for the same action against Malkins hatty.

I hope nobody's taking these guys lightly, should we meet up (mathematically/historically, there's about an 80% chance of it now). They look better than they did last year right now, we look worse. And that series was airtight after those first two games, as much as most don't see it.

Not to mention that rematches almost always favor the guy that lost the first time.

God the canes are s***, its pathetic they made it to the ECF instead of Boston.

Maybe the Pens are just that good. If we end up facing the Pens again in the SCF, I can tell you for sure that we are going to have our work cut out for us. Let's beat Chicago first though then worrry about that.

I hope nobody's taking these guys lightly, should we meet up (mathematically/historically, there's about an 80% chance of it now). They look better than they did last year right now, we look worse. And that series was airtight after those first two games, as much as most don't see it.

Not to mention that rematches almost always favor the guy that lost the first time.

In some areas, worse.....but generally just different. Our PK and our "top line" definitely look worse, but our depth is firing on all cylinders. If even one of the two aforementioned start clicking the Wings will be in just as good of shape as they were last season, and if both start...it should be a quick series.

Note: Fleury allowing 4 goals against the Canes? Imagine what he'd allow against this Wings offense.

Interesting fact: The last team to win the Stanley Cup without home ice advantage in the SCF was Detroit in 1996-97.