• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

I never want to see another Hossa should stay thread on this web site.

Ever.

You had your shot this year, you s*** the bed all playoffs.

If he gets to touch the cup this year, it will be in spite of him.

Terrible effort, terrible drive, terribly over paid.

What irks me about Hossa, is that he joined this team FOR THE PLAYOFF RUN. Every single ******* guy in this lineup (prior to tonight) has won a cup, yet you have guys like Filppula, Cleary, and Helm working harder than him.

P.S. Props to Lebda. He may not be the best PPQB choice, but hes had a string of good games here.

It's one of those games where I don't even it take it as a Wings loss. Coming back from 3-0 is huge. Good on the boys. I can't be mad about this at all...

A loss is a loss.

If this team kept their foot on the pedal, this series would already be over as I make this post.

At this point anything can happen, especially with Datsyuk's injury possibly dragging on. This could be a long series now.

We better hope the Pens don't finish Carolina quickly, or else they'll be resting while the Wings are playing.

I got to say we didn't really deserve to win this game. Think about it, first period was a joke. The 4 and then 5 minute penalty was crazy, and to go down 2-0 looking flat. The second was not much better until about 5 minutes left in the game when we tied it. Third I knew we looked decent then OT. Well.. let's say it's how the night went, no mickey mouse bounce for Wings.

Absolutely. I think it would be foolish if not down right stupid if not down right incompetent to sit this guy - he is young, sickly skilled and super super hungry.

I think you play Leino and sit Hossa.

Hossa has shown us f*** all this play off.

I blame the 3rd period, it was horrendous. We came out with no energy when the whole building was flat, the Blackhwaks were flat, they had a new goalie. Far out we wasted the chance right there.

Agreed, but why? How could a team come back from scoring three goals like that and just lay back. I don't understand. I could never be a coach. I'd be dope slapping 7 million dollar players in the back of the head on the bench. Is Babcock too hands off with these guys? I know they are pros and winners, but the hands off thing is too much some times. He can do it behind closed doors, but I think they need a talking to.

COULD have been a game changer IMO with Kronner having his first big LEAGAL hit of the playoffs and playing the rest of the game kicking ass. Oh well, on to gm 4.

this was the worst effort of these playoffs, followed by last game, which, up until tonight, was the worst. wings need to get back to 60 minute efforts we were seeing until the last two games. this trend scares me because it looks too much like the lazy funk we were in during the regular season that we couldn't shake all year long.

Man, Hossa wants to win that cup SO BAD, doesn't he?

This. Jesus, the man came here to win a Cup and yet a 22 year old who has won one already is making more of an impact. He doesn't have to pot one every game but at least show some intensity.

A loss is a loss.

If this team kept their foot on the pedal, this series would already be over as I make this post.

At this point anything can happen, especially with Datsyuk's injury possibly dragging on. This could be a long series now.

We better hope the Pens don't finish Carolina quickly, or else they'll be resting while the Wings are playing.

I won't even think about the Penns right now, and the way we have been playing.... why bother.

Really? You serious?

I am mad, terrible first period, horrible 3rd when we had them on the ropes. And you're not mad? Unbelievable. :ph34r:

Yes. I am so very serious. The Wings were down 3-0 and came back which is huge in itself. A win would of been FANTASTIC. But I won't get down on the team for coming up a little short in a game like tonight when everything was going against them and they had pretty much 12 minutes to kill in penalties alone in the first period. Was I mad after we lost? Of course. Then I realized wow the Hawks had us at 3-0, and the Wings almost pulled out a win. I've picked the Wings in 5 from the beginning and that's what I'm sticking with. Had the Hawks won Game 2 & this one in OT..it'd be a different story.

this was the worst effort of these playoffs, followed by last game, which, up until tonight, was the worst. wings need to get back to 60 minute efforts we were seeing until the last two games. this trend scares me because it looks too much like the lazy funk we were in during the regular season that we couldn't shake all year long.

Game 2 of THIS series?

WTF? The Wings were dog tired in game 2 of THIS series. It was amazing they had anything in the tank to win that one.

There are still 2 or 3 games in the Ducks series that the Wings haven't topped yet for "worst of the playoffs"....

At least this playoff run has made it easier to face the fact that Hossa won't be back. I was adament about him staying before the playoffs, now not so much. Of course I could always change my mind if he decides to show up these next games :)

Game 2 of THIS series?

WTF? The Wings were dog tired in game 2 of THIS series. It was amazing they had anything in the tank to win that one.

There are still 2 or 3 games in the Ducks series that the Wings haven't topped yet for "worst of the playoffs"....

I can't get past how funny your profile note of "PANIC PANIC OMFG PANIC" is at this point.

I just got back from puking, unbelievable how badly the refs wanted Chicago to win this game. We had way too many chances to put them away, but no. Right from the get-go, starting with the phantom double-minor on Cleary, to the ejection on a clean hit by Kronwall, the refs could not have been more biased. The silver lining on this cloud of feces is that we can close this thing out at home in game 5. Very disappointed in the effort in OT, but we've been getting those kind of bounces too. I just hope I don't end up breaking my desk at work from pounding on it.

I won't even think about the Penns right now, and the way we have been playing.... why bother.

From what Ive seen with our PK, the Pens will kill us.

They will get a ton of them, and our PK is the worst I have ever seen.

Im talking THE worst I have EVER seen any team have in the play offs.

I'm not old enough for this, but in 1968 Detroit was in the dumps post riot and the Tigers pulled out an amazing come from behind series win. It didn't solve Detroit's problems, but it helped people feel a lot better. Those players made a little more as a regular guy does now. I bring this up, because Detroit is certainly having a hard time now. As a fan I expect certain members of the Wings to recognize they play for a city too and to step it up. Hossa, Datsyuk and to some extent Hank. I am not seeing it and it is making me angry. They are paid riches beyond anything most of us can imagine.