• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

WCF GAME 3 GDT: Red Wings 3 at Blackhawks 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

I hope the boys are PISSED! GOOD and pissed!

This game was handed to Chicago, and they STILL barely pulled it off.

We were without Dats, AND Kronner.

AND what about Khabi? What's the story on him?

I hope they come out on Sunday and KILL THEM!

Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

The Red Wings need to review the video and come out pissed.

We reeeeaaaallllly need Dats back. He would've made a big, big difference on the PKs and PPs. When Hudler has to play the PK you know we're short on the regular PKers.

Defensive play aside, Dats is also critical to the offensive game. He does a lot of work out there just wearing down the Chicago defensemen and forwards. He's key to a lot of the quick transition game the Wings count on (since he's the best passing forward) and his take-aways are also huge. Datsyuk prevents a lot of the opposition momentum. Just look at the first- the boys struggled to break the Chicago momentum and played back on their heals a good deal. Lots of that has to do with the penalties, but losing Datsyuk's ability to quickly reverse plays from defense to offense is critical too.

It's obvious that the Wings aren't going to play as well without Dats as they do with him.

Given that his foot was a 'game time decision' today, I'm hoping there's a good chance we'll see him back in the line-up Sunday and at least as healthy as he was in game 2. Hopefully having 5 days of rest gets Datsyuk closer to where he was in the regular season, but who knows.

So the hawks scoring 3 goals by the 1 minute mark of the second period isn't an extremely valid gripe? It's not like they started the game 3 goals down because of some rule.

It was gripe, but at the same time like I said earlier when the Wings are getting penalty after penalty *most of them being BS* what do you expect to happen? Chicago got the first period completely handed to them by the refs. Completely. I'm not pissed because the entire first period the Wings had to kill penalties. Yet in the 2nd they came back to tie the game. They could of won, yes but I'm over it.

You might want to note that most of the positive or at least neutral posts about this game have come from women. It's the guys who are OMG'ing all over the place. Too much frickin' testosterone.

HAHAHA. Damn men :blush:

i can take some negativity after a loss. but you guys are bunch of jackasses if you think this game is a massive indication that the wings are f*cked and going to lose the next 3 games in a row. pull your heads out of your asses. we played hlaf the game shorthanded.

they only scored one on the PP.

we showed we can come back from 3 goals down.

we missed kronner on D.

they will suck it up and end it in 5. you guys are pathetic. hockeycrazy with the only positive post in an entire page. disgusting.

You're mad about the negative attitude on here right now? Well great job coming in and swinging the momentum the other way. :rolleyes:

I think people should be allowed to vent and what not. We are fans and are mad taht the team didn't play well. Calling people pathetic and jackasses isn't a great way to get an opinion across btw. I agree people take the pessimisim a bit too far, but the wings did just lose an OT playoff game.

I disagree with you. If you want to be upset we lost, fine, but consider we came back from 3 goals down. We battled all kinds of adversity in this game, and without a key defender on a BS call.

Also consider how wishy washy some fans are around here. To say the wings are going to lose the next 3 is an insult to the red wings, considering how veteran-like and talented they are, backed by all kinds of accolades. I mean, seriously. These same fans are screaming that the red wings are never going to lose another game after a good win, but then change their opinion and say they're never going to win another game after a loss.

It's annoying.

We had no Datsyuk

We played the entire period pretty much short handed. People can complain about our PK all they want, but that 5 minute kill was frickin impressive.

We were down by 3 goals.

We lost Kronwall for 75% of the game

Chicago needed OT on home ice to win.

We are fine. Geez, you people think Chicago would bend over and take it. The Wings will respond on Sunday. We will clinch on home ice.

Okay, all pessimism is now washed away from my mind. I can't wait for City Council to clean up the city and jump start the local economy!

Okay, that didn't work.

You wanna see pessimism. Watch the Yankees fans as they are winning a world series. Every bad pitch is scrutinized with looks of disgust. Nah, Wings fans aren't so bad. Besides, keeping in your frustration is just not healthy. People have to vent man! Some few here are saintly Wings fans, but many have a hard time with the stress. Anyone who stays up and types a bunch of stuff to total strangers HAS to be a fan.

i can take some negativity after a loss. but you guys are bunch of jackasses if you think this game is a massive indication that the wings are f*cked and going to lose the next 3 games in a row. pull your heads out of your asses. we played hlaf the game shorthanded.

they only scored one on the PP.

we showed we can come back from 3 goals down.

we missed kronner on D.

they will suck it up and end it in 5. you guys are pathetic. hockeycrazy with the only positive post in an entire page. disgusting.

How did missing Kronner on D stop our forward from scoring?

Im not sure I understand how giving it to the Hawks in the second translated to letting them off the hook the entire 3rd. If this series gets tied up on Sunday, how do you feel?

Do you think the Wings will have the same legs the Hawks will in a long series?

Honestly, I dont. We are the better more skilled team but I think we need to show up and play 60 min. Not 10 here or there, all 60. We have shown all playoffs that we (to this point) arent willing to do it. This longer this series goes, the more confidence and strong the Hawks will play. They are much younger and much less experience. We need to slap them around all game and end this early.

Okay, all pessimism is now washed away from my mind. I can't wait for City Council to clean up the city and jump start the local economy!

Okay, that didn't work.

You wanna see pessimism. Watch the Yankees fans as they are winning a world series. Every bad pitch is scrutinized with looks of disgust. Nah, Wings fans aren't so bad. Besides, keeping in your frustration is just not healthy. People have to vent man! Some few here are saintly Wings fans, but many have a hard time with the stress. Anyone who stays up and types a bunch of stuff to total strangers HAS to be a fan.

Haha well said. I understand where people come from when they are pessimistic. Obviously taking it too far (the wings are done) is annoying, but the thread is used to express opinions, whether it be negative or positive.

Edited by Wings_Rule_1010

I disagree with you. If you want to be upset we lost, fine, but consider we came back from 3 goals down. We battled all kinds of adversity in this game, and without a key defender on a BS call.

Also consider how wishy washy some fans are around here. To say the wings are going to lose the next 3 is an insult to the red wings, considering how veteran-like and talented they are, backed by all kinds of accolades. I mean, seriously. These same fans are screaming that the red wings are never going to lose another game after a good win, but then change their opinion and say they're never going to win another game after a loss.

It's annoying.

This. :thumbup:

this board is for everyone to say what they want. i get that. and im happy. its here. it just ticks me off when ppl are no where to found after great wins, and out in full force to ***** after a loss. be here all the time or not at all.

when we host the cup, they will all eat crow...

Ahh yes. Those are the type of people who annoy the s*** out of me. I usually put those people on my ignore list :)

I will say this: It's about time the big boys start putting up on the scoreboard. Sure they're doing alot of great things defensively, but they're here to produce on the scoreboard. I want to see the big guns on the score sheet in game 4.

We had no Datsyuk

We played the entire period pretty much short handed. People can complain about our PK all they want, but that 5 minute kill was frickin impressive.

We were down by 3 goals.

We lost Kronwall for 75% of the game

Chicago needed OT on home ice to win.

We are fine. Geez, you people think Chicago would bend over and take it. The Wings will respond on Sunday. We will clinch on home ice.

Game 2 Kane was high sticked and tripped and wernt called

Havlat was injured for almost the whole game and since he left you could see the hawks offense suffered a bit, he is our top offensive player if you dont know...

Khabibulin was playing injured and was not injured during the game but beforehand

The hawks out played detroit most of the game minus the last ten minutes of the third where they had to kill three penalties

You lost Cronwall for a game, we lost Havlat possibly for the playoffs.

I do agree that he shouldnt have been kicked out of the game but hey bad calls are made by the refs all the time like the one on Bolland that got Detroit's comeback started.

You guys dont understand the Hawks, this team never backs down and will win the next three games, I will be here to support my statement when this happens.

Didnt Detroit need overtime to win on home ice in the second game or did you forget already

Edited by BlackHawks

Wings only played with effort for 40 minutes. Both Datsyuk and Kronwall basically took a night off.

Chicago's #1 goalie is MIA and Havlat is on another planet.

Don't get too worked up people.

You guys dont understand the Hawks, this team never backs down and will win the next three games, I will be here to support my statement when this happens.

will you be here to apologize when they dont?

Game 2 Kane was high sticked and tripped and wernt called

Havlat was injured for almost the whole game and since he left you could see the hawks offense suffered a bit, he is our top offensive player if you dont know...

Khabibulin was playing injured and was not injured during the game but beforehand

The hawks out played detroit most of the game minus the last ten minutes of the third where they had to kill three penalties

You lost Cronwall for a game, we lost Havlat possibly for the playoffs.

I do agree that he shouldnt have been kicked out of the game but hey bad calls are made by the refs all the time like the one on Bolland that got Detroit's comeback started.

Didnt Detroit need overtime to win on home ice in the second game or did you forget already

Never backs down? You guys were up by 3 goals @ Home and gave up 3 goals in 4:32. The Hawks don't have enough experience and will get beaten badly on Sunday.

Detroit needed OT to win Game 2, but we weren't up by 3 goals.

As long as you come back here from watching the Cubs or White Sox to eat crow when it doesn't, that's fine.