• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Datsyuk is a gametime decision

Rate this topic

Hawks fans think they are guaranteed a win if Dats doesn't play. Guess they don't understand the stud Leino is. Leino will school the Hawks best scorers.

With all of those NHL games under his belt, who wouldnt understand?

No one can doubt his skills, and hopefully his skating has improved. This game will be moving faster than anything he's played. Im hopeful he plays his game and continues to do well. But lets not do the horse and cart thing.

I dunno, Leino's number are very impressive. He'd already be a top 4 foward on some other teams.

13 games

5 goals

4 assists

9 points

+5

why exactly "top 4"? Not top 3, not top 6, but top 4. :) Just kidding...

The Wings still have players on every line that can and probably will cause havoc with Hawks trying to defend them. The only line that may not score is the 4th, but even then whoever plays them has got to catch Malts, Drapes and Leino. Lotsa luck on that one.

As for defense, all our guys have been playing their butts off in that regard. I think it could be iffy tonight, but the Wings can DO this and have.

freep and mlive are saying hes still game time...

As is NHL.com/ espn and everywhere else on the web. Including Babs at the presser. I find it odd that Babs would say he is a gametime at the presser, and then 10 minutes later say he is out. Weird.

The double-whammy if Dats is out is it breaks up the Hudler-Filppula-Sammy line which has mad chemistry right now.

so then dats is being replaced by malts.... I think Leino should get a taste, but on the other hand malts is a vet and he is very fresh so I expect alot out of him tonight

No, Malts is replacing Abdelkader. Leino would take Dats' spot if he can't go.

This is already reminding me of the Rafalski situation, where he was supposedly a game time decision for game 1 against Anaheim, and then wound up being out of the lineup until game 6, if I'm not mistaken.

The team is just jerking everyone off. He may play in this game, and then again he may not play the rest of the playoffs.

There's really no way to tell.

Michael Farber just said that Dats will not play tonite, TSN reports

I am gonna wait till the game. (most likely he is out, but NHL live said he was out, then came back and said they were wrong...that he was a game time decision.) Wish there was someway of knowing without exposing players to further injury, but there isn't.

good deal, give him 10days to regroup like they did with ozzie when he was playing like s***. Time to take up his time with someone who is playing WAY better!

Datsyuk will be missed from a defensive/offensive point of view, but it's equally a shame that the Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson line will be broken up, as someone mentioned above. I wouldn't surprised, though, to see Babcock switch the lines around. If Leino starts out playing very well on the fourth line, I see no reason to believe why he won't end the game on a higher line, with perhaps Helm taking his spot on the checking line. And even if he does stay there, he should give our fourth line a bit more zip, and they'll need to take it a bit more seriously.

It will be interesting to see how Maltby plays. I thought that he was having a good post-season (especially compared to the regular season) already. When Babcock sat him in the regular season, his play improved afterwards. I hope to see the same thing tonight!

I'm not sure what to make of Datsyuk's injury. I have a recorded version of the game, which I skimmed through, and couldn't see any sign that he blocked a shot and was in pain. He took a hit that didn't look too bad, and was apparently in pain on the bench - I'm sure that that is what has led to the 'broken ribs' rumours that are floating around. Hard to say when we should expect him back, as both Draper and Rafalski were 'day-to-day' for quite a while. I hope his really is 'day-to-day' and nothing more serious.