• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kevin182

Huet or Khabibulin?

Rate this topic

Sorry but I don't see Chicago gaining any momentum here. Huet was in net at the Winter Classic only to be replaced by Khabibulin. Now Khabibulin gets replaced by Huet but this is playoffs. Does anybody remember when he played for the Habs and the Caps? Like I said the Hawks are screwed either way. What do you guys think about this?

Well I'm glad for you that you're so supremely confident, because I'd rather not count my chickens before the hatch.

Right now the Wings are up 2-1. That's hardly enough to win a trip to the finals.

Let's save the cockiness for times when it's not tempting fate.

Absolutely agree, we own both these goalies just add them to the list with Turco.

I have never been so confident and not worried after a loss.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is Khabibulin injured or did they pull him after 3 goals? For some reason I couldn't understand what was going on with the whole goalie situation.

During the presser after the game Q said he was injured. Add to that the fact that when the 3rd started Kabbie was nowhere to be seen and Correy Crawford was on the bench as the backup.

Anybody want to clarify the rule about dressing a third goalie for a game???

^^This. We were major confused at what was going on there in the third. My understanding has always been you dress the two goalies, and if one gets hurt then you got one goalie, and if he gets hurt then you dress one of your skaters and he plays goal -- which is about 10000x less fair then just having a third stringer suit up out of nowhere, but them's the rules.

Anybody want to clarify the rule about dressing a third goalie for a game???

During playoffs if a goaltender is deemed injured, the team can call up a replacement during the game on an "emergency" basis.

During the presser after the game Q said he was injured. Add to that the fact that when the 3rd started Kabbie was nowhere to be seen and Correy Crawford was on the bench as the backup.

Ahh thanks. I wonder what happened. Of course they won't say though...

I'm a bit disappointed the Wings didn't take it to Huet there in the third. Only 6 saves this guy had to make. Missed opportunity.

Will be interesting to see who is in net for game 4; either way the Wings can take it to this team if they put their mind to in, sans being in the box for the first half of the game. I expected this might be the game they would drop - now pedal to the medal boys, please!

It was an amazing game. I thought Wings were cooked when they went down 3-0. They fought back hard with 5 dmen to tie it 3-3. Wings were not suppose to win tonight... but the boys never said quit. I love this team.

Expect to see a pissed off group of Red Wings coming out of the gates Sunday. We all know they hate to lose and will channel their anger.

Edited by Daznaz

I think Chicago's third goal was incredible luck...

Come on, a deflection just after the shot... It was obviously not intentional.

Game 4 is now getting really important however.

Well I'm glad for you that you're so supremely confident, because I'd rather not count my chickens before the hatch.

Right now the Wings are up 2-1. That's hardly enough to win a trip to the finals.

Let's save the cockiness for times when it's not tempting fate.

So you would rather see threads titled "Panic!"

Ahh thanks. I wonder what happened. Of course they won't say though...

Speculation is that Khabibulin may have re-injured a groin (injury from earlier in the season) on Detroits OT game winner in game 2. It may have been masked a little in game 3 before your team decided to turn up the heat in the 2nd period.

Sounds like a Hasek injury to me

HAHAHAHAHAH! awww no.. as funny as that is I don't see Khabibulin as that type of player, probably because I've always liked him but that was funny. Regardless, it doesn't matter who the Hawks have backstopping them... If the Wings go out and play it like they mean it, no worries. They should have really cranked up the pressure in the 3rd because they scared the poop outta the Hawks in the 2nd.. You could see it all over Captain Toews face...Oh well.. better luck next time.

Cristobal Huet looked more like Baby Huet today. You could see the difference between playoff experience and little experience between the pipes. I heard Chicago is paying 12 million a year for goal tending? Huh?