• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
maltbymaniac

babcock's interview after the game

Rate this topic

Babs pretty much confirmed that the refs are "untouchable". Everyone has bad games, except for them. Bad games don't exists for the refs.

ya refs are like weathermen even if they make the wrong call they still keep their jobs, I wish I had a job where I could do no wrong, talk about job security

Why are you all complaining about the 5 minute major that the Hawks were so in shock they didnt score on? Havlat is injured and he is our best player and about the only man on Hawks offense with some veteran leadership. We should be crying about it, Cronwall didnt have to hit Havlat in that situation, he didnt even have control of the puck.

Why are you all complaining about the 5 minute major that the Hawks were so in shock they didnt score on? Havlat is injured and he is our best player and about the only man on Hawks offense with some veteran leadership. We should be crying about it, Cronwall didnt have to hit Havlat in that situation, he didnt even have control of the puck.

Why do you even post here? It's obvious you're just trying to start s*** with every post you make. The Kronwall hit was clean. I've seen many Kronwall hits that were much worse than that, and I've wondered why they didn't call a penalty. That was nothing, good hockey hit. If they would have given him two minutes, it would have been a bad call, let alone a game misconduct. Having one of your top four defensemen thrown out hurts, especially when you're best player isn't playing, believe it or not.

Having said that, who really cares anymore. The game is in the past now. This is the game that I marked down as a loss at the start of the series, and my Wings in 5 prediction is still looking good.

Edited by Trapt1307

We are complaining about it because it was the WRONG call. It was not interference. If the ref wants to call a 2 minute minor on it, fine, but I would be mad at that too. But a 5 minute MAJOR and a GAME MISCONDUCT? That is absolutely ridiculous. I don't care if Havlat was injured on the hit, it was clean and he should have had his head up. The refs made the decision to call a penalty AFTER the play had ended. If Havlat had gotten up, there would have been no penalty. The puck was in his feet, could have touched his skate, depends on the camera angle, and he could have easily played it. Kronwall dished out a big, violent LEGAL hit and got booted from the game for it. Go troll on the Hawks board where they might care what you have to say.

we are stating that Kronner got totally shafted after a clean hockey play endorsed by everyone who has ever played in the NHL. Not only did he get penalized, but he got kicked out of the game.... for a clean hockey check. go figure.

we lost our #3 dman for almost a whole game, you lost a forward

We should be crying about it, Cronwall didnt have to hit Havlat in that situation, he didnt even have control of the puck.

That is the weakest s*** I have ever head. "he didn't have to hit him" ? :lol:

This is hockey, man. Scratch that, this is PLAYOFF hockey. I realize it's been a long time since you've experienced it, but hits are kind of a part of it.

Oh, and Havlat had the puck in between his skates. Technically that means he was in control of the puck.

He "didn't have to"? WTF? So? The Hawks DIDN'T HAVE TO score in OT. This is hockey. If you get the opportunity to level a guy with a legal hit, you do it. And if you read the NHL rulebook, Havlat was indeed possession of the puck. I didn't wish for him to get injured, and I hope he returns for game 4, but keep your head up.

Oh, and the game misconduct was a horrible call.

Guest E_S_A_D

68ymhs.jpg

On the replay the puck was going to touch his skate and looked like Havlat was going to touch it... It is spelled Kronwall, not Cronwall... Eager also threw a hit where there was no puck in the area and a call was missed. Stuart took a high stick from a Hawks player and needed to get stitches, and your right again, no call was made.

Jebus....

Edited by Rivalred

For as bad as the reffing sucked, they ate their whistles for the third and the OT, we have no one to blame but ourselves, and I honestly expected to lose game 3, because, we normally do lol. Game four will be ours and we should be able to put this away in five. Remember people, this is the WCF, not round one, it should take normally 6-7 game to close out this series. Be patient and optomistic and we should be just fine.

For as bad as the reffing sucked, they ate their whistles for the third and the OT, we have no one to blame but ourselves, and I honestly expected to lose game 3, because, we normally do lol. Game four will be ours and we should be able to put this away in five. Remember people, this is the WCF, not round one, it should take normally 6-7 game to close out this series. Be patient and optomistic and we should be just fine.

Damage was already done by the 3rd and you know it... The ref's handed the Hawks the game in the 1st period.... Highstick on Cleary was the right call, but everything else, come on....

I was laughing listening to Joe Q's post game interview and moaning about his team taking 3 penalties....

Well they usually don't call much in the third and OT.

Unless the Pens are playing. I'm not sure they've been in an OT this playoffs without getting a PP. Against the Flyers they even got a 2-man advantage. In OT.

:violin:

must_not_feed_the_troll.jpg