• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mike

Blackhawks' Brian Campbell: "Gutless"

Rate this topic

I don't understand how the term "gutless" figures in to this hit. How exactly is it gutless? It was massive and explosive and lethal and ferocious and thundering and bone rattling and any other adjective you could think of to describe the devastation dropped on Havlat, but to suggest some how that it was a cheap play devoid of courage, or substance or strength is just idiotic. Stuff it Soupy and turn the puck over some more...

Exactly! It wasn't a hit from behind, nor was it into the boards or glass. He wasn't away from the play.

I hate to see someone injured, but this is exactly what Kronwall is supposed to do in this situation. It's his job and it takes a great amount of intestinal fortitude to go out and lay one on someone like that.

Gutless is when you sneak up on them or whack them with your stick, not when you put your own body on the line to get them off of the puck.

I wouldn't waste my time. I'm sure they would come up with some stupid excuse for why it was a penalty.

I got to thinking, has there ever been a 5 minute major for interference like this one?

And, what's the ruling technically when a player has the puck in his feet? Is he in possession of the puck or not?

Edited by Firehawk

I didn't say all players say stupid things. I said the number of stupid players isn't increasing, just the media coverage.

*edited for clarity*

Media coverage is increasing, but whether or not the number of stupid players isn't increasing is debatable.

I got to thinking, has there ever been a 5 minute major for interference like this one?

And, what's the ruling technically when a player has the puck in his feet? Is he in possession of the puck or not?

Brown got a 5 minute major for interference for his hit on Hudler as well as a game misconduct.

Edited by Mike

Brown got a 5 minute major for interference for his hit on Hudler as well as a game misconduct.

You are right about that, how about a 5 minute call when the puck is in the skate of the player? Hudler had passed the puck away already when he got hit...

You are right about that, how about a 5 minute call when the puck is in the skate of the player? Hudler had passed the puck away already when he got hit...

No clue on that one, but I have a feeling that the answer is never.

I don't understand how the term "gutless" figures in to this hit. How exactly is it gutless? It was massive and explosive and lethal and ferocious and thundering and bone rattling and any other adjective you could think of to describe the devastation dropped on Havlat, but to suggest some how that it was a cheap play devoid of courage, or substance or strength is just idiotic. Stuff it Soupy and turn the puck over some more...

You're right, it doesn't in any sense. Not the way hockey is played and usually called. One of the worst types of "gutless" to me is the after-the-whistle-crap when some total unadulterated cowards in the league take their cheapshots and can be pretty sure they'll get away with it. Hits to the head; takedowns in front of the net; hammerlocks; slashes; crosschecks to the back, neck and ribs; heels of sticks into ribs....it absolutely drives me nuts that the refs just don't go to each bench and tell the coaches/whoever that if there's any bulls*** after the whistle THEY WILL CALL IT.

It is just another sickening inconsistency in the game.

One of the worst types of "gutless" to me is the after-the-whistle-crap when some total unadulterated cowards in the league take their cheapshots and can be pretty sure they'll get away with it.

For instance, Dustin Byfuglien coming in and running Kronwall after his (at that time still) legal check...

LOL gutless is the new favorite term in the NHL.

100% clean hit. If Havlat would of got up right after the hit, there would be no such talk going on by the Hawks team. Only reason why they think it's 'dirty' is because Martin was extremely shaken up. That does happen with clean hits too ya know...

LOL gutless is the new favorite term in the NHL.

100% clean hit. If Havlat would of got up right after the hit, there would be no such talk going on by the Hawks team. Only reason why they think it's 'dirty' is because Martin was extremely shaken up. That does happen with clean hits too ya know...

Hey, Reem, which one do you think is worse? Gutless (Kronner = not!!!!) or brainless (Campbell)? :hehe:

Edited by puckloo39

For instance, Dustin Byfuglien coming in and running Kronwall after his (at that time still) legal check...

Yesssirrrr,exactly. And he jeopardized his team mate by doing it. :looney:

www.TSN.ca/nhl did a piece called "A New Debate" on the hit and Campbell sounds like a snivelling girl about it. He obviously is just upset about the hit and according him Kronwall jumped, hit him with forearms not shoulder, and Havlat wasn't playing the puck. At least Sharp said it was a hard hit and Kronwall is someone they have to watch out for. Kronwall seems upset about all the attention to it, at least in my eyes, seems like he feels really bad, but it was a great hockey hit.

Campbell needs to button his lips on the hit, he obviously has no idea what he is talking about.