• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Systemfel

What's up with Ozzie?

Rate this topic

Goaltender Chris Osgood stopped 18-of-19 shots through 40 minutes and was replaced by Ty Conklin at the start of the third period. Osgood, who hurt his knee in Game 4 against Columbus during the first round, was taken out for precautionary reasons, the club said. No. 3 goalie Jimmy Howard quickly dressed to serve as the backup.

MLive

Or he tweaked his knee as the mlive article suggested. Hopefully it's just dehydration. I can't imagine why he'd be dehydrated unless he has the flu or something.

The article does mention the tweaked knee, but I think they are speculating as it was written before the press conference.

I hope that Ozzie is alright. Hopefully all of these injuries (Lidstrom, Dats, and Draper) are all good by Wednesday. Man, what a streak of bad luck on the injury side....

Note to Players with groin injuries, never put Bengay on your unit.

QFT, regardless of gender.

And don't wipe if you've used it recently without washing well.

Medical tip for the day.

Osgood was taken out because the Hawks would have in all liklihood taken "liberties" with him in the third plain and simple

You guys put to much credence into the press bleatings esp this time of year

To be frank I'm so sick of the blab by the print and TV media at this point I can hardly stand to listen to any of these talking heads anymore

I can't stomach the endless analysis and point counterpoint these Larry's keep coming up with over and over

Anyhow Osgood is fine they rested himand kept him out to prevent goon attacks that's all

Or he tweaked his knee as the mlive article suggested. Hopefully it's just dehydration. I can't imagine why he'd be dehydrated unless he has the flu or something.

The mlive blog post simply stated that Osgood tweaked his knee in Game 4 of the WCQF's. I didn't perceive any link between the mention of that "injury" and him being taken out of this Game.

QFT, regardless of gender.

And don't wipe if you've used it recently without washing well.

Medical tip for the day.

LOL! I'll try to remember that. :scared:

The mlive blog post simply stated that Osgood tweaked his knee in Game 4 of the WCQF's. I didn't perceive any link between the mention of that "injury" and him being taken out of this Game.

I know, I was simply speculating. I think dehydration is a very strange reason, unless he's been sick. I was watching the game with a group of friends and every one of us thought he hurt a knee on that play. We rewound it and watched it over and over during intermission (since they advertised that they were going to talk about the Pens during intermission). He didn't really do the splits so the knee seemed like a more likely problem than a groin. As I've stated, I hope I'm wrong but with the way he skated directly to trainer at the end of the period made us feel like he tweaked his knee. Babcock said it was precautionary so, hopefully, all of my fears are wrong. Ideally, Datsyuk, Osgood, and Lidstrom are all good to go on Wednesday.

Dehydrated?! :( I know that's not a big deal cause they know what to do to take care of that right away, but being dehydrated is an awful awful feeling.

Hopefully he's okay!

It's not fun being dehydrated, but it's easily dealt with.

Gatorade and bananas work best.

I got severely dehydrated after a bout with the Russian flu many years ago (hoo, boy, NEVER get Russian flu!! Nasty stuff).

I kept passing out, so off to the doctor. He said that if my potassium levels had been a tiny bit lower I'd be dead.

He gave me two options: Drink Gatorade (yuk), or go to the hospital and have an I.V. (I'm scared of needles).

Needless to say I choked down the Gatorade and felt better in a surprisingly short time! Within 48 hours I was craving an Arby's regular. And that's after not eating for several days.

Ozzie will be just fine. :cool: