• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Systemfel

What's up with Ozzie?

Rate this topic

You can get dehydrated from drinking too much alcohol. :ph34r:

Just sayin'.......... :yowza:

Because alcohol is a diuretic... Some hospitals have alcohol or liquor for certain situations.

Edited by Rivalred

You can get dehydrated from drinking too much alcohol. :ph34r:

Just sayin'.......... :yowza:

No, you're not just sayin'. WHY are you deliberately bringing back this bulls***? Ozzie's not doin' enough for you? Do yourself and all of us a favor and move on from that crap.

No, you're not just sayin'. WHY are you deliberately bringing back this bulls***? Ozzie's not doin' enough for you? Do yourself and all of us a favor and move on from that crap.

Hey, I love Ozzie as much as the next fan.

I was just trying to be funny.

Sorry to offend.

It's only recently that I've started to see goaltenders get pulled for "Dehydration" :-p

Babcock said he would never pull Ozzie just to give him a rest, but I have to wonder. It's not like Ozzie was out drinking all night (Well I would hope not heh). As a professional athlete these guys know how important pre-hydration is for a hockey game I think first off that any hockey player is going to become somewhat dehydrated during the course of the game.

So to me "Dehydrated" basically means "Rest". I'm sure he was dehydrated. I'm sure any goalie in the playoffs gets somewhat dehydrated. But if we weren't up by so much, million dollars says Ozzie wouldn't have been pulled.

Though I'm glad he got out of there. He was having a great game, and a full period of extra rest couldn't hurt, especially with the Hawks being chippy.

It's only recently that I've started to see goaltenders get pulled for "Dehydration" :-p

Babcock said he would never pull Ozzie just to give him a rest, but I have to wonder. It's not like Ozzie was out drinking all night (Well I would hope not heh). As a professional athlete these guys know how important pre-hydration is for a hockey game I think first off that any hockey player is going to become somewhat dehydrated during the course of the game.

So to me "Dehydrated" basically means "Rest". I'm sure he was dehydrated. I'm sure any goalie in the playoffs gets somewhat dehydrated. But if we weren't up by so much, million dollars says Ozzie wouldn't have been pulled.

Though I'm glad he got out of there. He was having a great game, and a full period of extra rest couldn't hurt, especially with the Hawks being chippy.

I'm thinkin' Flu.

Nick too.

That would explain the rapid onset of both cases.

You know, I honestly thought that putting Conklin in was for two reasons:

1. Just to give him some playing time in the Playoffs...blow some dust off. The lead was huge and the Blackhawks quit playing already.

2. To further demoralize the Hawks. Its like saying "hey, we already won the game....might as well just put in our backup goalie!". I have to wonder....

You know, I honestly thought that putting Conklin in was for two reasons:

1. Just to give him some playing time in the Playoffs...blow some dust off. The lead was huge and the Blackhawks quit playing already.

2. To further demoralize the Hawks. Its like saying "hey, we already won the game....might as well just put in our backup goalie!". I have to wonder....

i thought the same at first, i was shocked to see conk in net, but babs let us know at the post game talks

There may be an underlying issue with Osgood behind all of the semantics, but there's no doubt that given the rowdy nature of the Blackhawks and the fact that their coach had no control of them, Babcock made the right move to sit Osgood in order to preserve his energy and his physical health. There's no doubt in my mind that someone (Probably Buttfuglyien) was going to take a run at him in the third.

Edited by TSM

I think perhaps Babcock had just learned an important lesson... he watched us tear apart the Hawks rusty backup (Huet) who had not played in over a month. Why not give our backup a meaningless period incase Ozzy goes down for whatever reason? Shake the rust off Conklin, tell the press Ozzy was dehydrated. :D

Babs was asked at the press conference if he had pulled Ozzie to rest him. Babs laughed and said, "no, I'd never do that". Then he explained about the dehydration.

This could mean:

a) I didn't rest him; he was dehydrated.

b) I didn't rest him; I spared him from the chance that things could get ugly and he was dehydrated.

c) I didn't rest him; I wanted Conks to get some time in case we need him later and he was dehydrated.

d) I didn't rest him; I wanted to mess with Q/demoralize the Hawks and he was dehydrated.

e) all of the above.

The other thing I noticed from this and a previous presser was that Babs mispronounces Byfuglien. Intentional? Or is he a grad of Hooked on Phonics?

Edited by 55fan

Guest mindfly
Babs was asked at the press conference if he had pulled Ozzie to rest him. Babs laughed and said, "no, I'd never do that". Then he explained about the dehydration.

This could mean:

b) I didn't rest him; I spared him from the chance that things could get ugly and he was dehydrated.

c) I didn't rest him; I wanted Conks to get some time in case we need him later and he was dehydrated.

d) I didn't rest him; I wanted to mess with Q/demoralize the Hawks and he was dehydrated.

e) all of the above.

The other thing I noticed from this and a previous presser was that Babs mispronounces Byfuglien. Intentional? Or is he a grad of Hooked on Phonics?

According to an interview you can pronounce his name two different ways, babs used the rare one... the common one is of course "bufflin"

According to an interview you can pronounce his name two different ways, babs used the rare one... the common one is of course "bufflin"

Really? I did not know both were correct. Thanks for the info.

This could mean:

e) all of the above.

Ozzie said he was thirsty. Babcock said go to the drinking fountain...take your time...