• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

Dehydrated?! sad.gif I know that's not a big deal cause they know what to do to take care of that right away, but being dehydrated is an awful awful feeling.

Hopefully he's okay!
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#22 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (therock48880 @ May 24, 2009 - 03:26PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or he tweaked his knee as the mlive article suggested. Hopefully it's just dehydration. I can't imagine why he'd be dehydrated unless he has the flu or something.

The mlive blog post simply stated that Osgood tweaked his knee in Game 4 of the WCQF's. I didn't perceive any link between the mention of that "injury" and him being taken out of this Game.

#23 Big_Mike

Big_Mike

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (55fan @ May 24, 2009 - 06:43PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QFT, regardless of gender.

And don't wipe if you've used it recently without washing well.

Medical tip for the day.

LOL! I'll try to remember that. scared.gif

#24 therock48880

therock48880

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,254 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (Outsider @ May 24, 2009 - 07:02PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mlive blog post simply stated that Osgood tweaked his knee in Game 4 of the WCQF's. I didn't perceive any link between the mention of that "injury" and him being taken out of this Game.

I know, I was simply speculating. I think dehydration is a very strange reason, unless he's been sick. I was watching the game with a group of friends and every one of us thought he hurt a knee on that play. We rewound it and watched it over and over during intermission (since they advertised that they were going to talk about the Pens during intermission). He didn't really do the splits so the knee seemed like a more likely problem than a groin. As I've stated, I hope I'm wrong but with the way he skated directly to trainer at the end of the period made us feel like he tweaked his knee. Babcock said it was precautionary so, hopefully, all of my fears are wrong. Ideally, Datsyuk, Osgood, and Lidstrom are all good to go on Wednesday.
Hasek is becoming iconic in my mind

#25 Uniblab

Uniblab

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (HockeyCrazy3033 @ May 24, 2009 - 06:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dehydrated?! sad.gif I know that's not a big deal cause they know what to do to take care of that right away, but being dehydrated is an awful awful feeling.

Hopefully he's okay!

It's not fun being dehydrated, but it's easily dealt with.
Gatorade and bananas work best.

I got severely dehydrated after a bout with the Russian flu many years ago (hoo, boy, NEVER get Russian flu!! Nasty stuff).
I kept passing out, so off to the doctor. He said that if my potassium levels had been a tiny bit lower I'd be dead.
He gave me two options: Drink Gatorade (yuk), or go to the hospital and have an I.V. (I'm scared of needles).
Needless to say I choked down the Gatorade and felt better in a surprisingly short time! Within 48 hours I was craving an Arby's regular. And that's after not eating for several days.

Ozzie will be just fine. cool.gif
Bettman's a stoop *click* Stoop. Stoop *click click*

#26 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (Systemfel @ May 24, 2009 - 07:19PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Babcock just said Ozzie was suffering from dehydration.

You can get dehydrated from drinking too much alcohol. ph34r.gif

Just sayin'.......... yowza.gif
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#27 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,274 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (rick zombo @ May 24, 2009 - 07:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because alcohol is a diuretic... Some hospitals have alcohol or liquor for certain situations.

Edited by Rivalred, 24 May 2009 - 06:57 PM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#28 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

I'm assuming "He was dehydrated" is a euphemism for "We were being careful."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#29 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (rick zombo @ May 24, 2009 - 06:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, you're not just sayin'. WHY are you deliberately bringing back this bulls***? Ozzie's not doin' enough for you? Do yourself and all of us a favor and move on from that crap.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#30 selkie

selkie

Beach Bum

• PipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

Bad dehydration can also cause cramping issues that are bad enough that you could still be feeling the pain 48 hours later.

#31 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,990 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (Vladifan @ May 24, 2009 - 09:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, you're not just sayin'. WHY are you deliberately bringing back this bulls***? Ozzie's not doin' enough for you? Do yourself and all of us a favor and move on from that crap.

Hey, I love Ozzie as much as the next fan.

I was just trying to be funny.

Sorry to offend.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#32 truebladearmy

truebladearmy

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

It's only recently that I've started to see goaltenders get pulled for "Dehydration" :-p

Babcock said he would never pull Ozzie just to give him a rest, but I have to wonder. It's not like Ozzie was out drinking all night (Well I would hope not heh). As a professional athlete these guys know how important pre-hydration is for a hockey game I think first off that any hockey player is going to become somewhat dehydrated during the course of the game.

So to me "Dehydrated" basically means "Rest". I'm sure he was dehydrated. I'm sure any goalie in the playoffs gets somewhat dehydrated. But if we weren't up by so much, million dollars says Ozzie wouldn't have been pulled.

Though I'm glad he got out of there. He was having a great game, and a full period of extra rest couldn't hurt, especially with the Hawks being chippy.

#33 teebo

teebo

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:06 AM

QUOTE (Dabura @ May 24, 2009 - 06:56PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm assuming "He was dehydrated" is a euphemism for "We were being careful."

yeah, i think you're right

#34 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE (truebladearmy @ May 24, 2009 - 09:54PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's only recently that I've started to see goaltenders get pulled for "Dehydration" :-p

Babcock said he would never pull Ozzie just to give him a rest, but I have to wonder. It's not like Ozzie was out drinking all night (Well I would hope not heh). As a professional athlete these guys know how important pre-hydration is for a hockey game I think first off that any hockey player is going to become somewhat dehydrated during the course of the game.

So to me "Dehydrated" basically means "Rest". I'm sure he was dehydrated. I'm sure any goalie in the playoffs gets somewhat dehydrated. But if we weren't up by so much, million dollars says Ozzie wouldn't have been pulled.

Though I'm glad he got out of there. He was having a great game, and a full period of extra rest couldn't hurt, especially with the Hawks being chippy.

I'm thinkin' Flu.

Nick too.

That would explain the rapid onset of both cases.

#35 drfnr14

drfnr14

OZZY, WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

http://www.letsgowin...showtopic=58160

there ya go. hill be ready and fine to play game 5!!! dont worry wing fans ozzy, will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 pavyaz19

pavyaz19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:10 AM

QUOTE (Zack is Great @ May 24, 2009 - 03:30PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I figured Babcock was just like "Lol, try my backup."

Nice! Haha.

Boy, Conks looked RUSSSSSTY. Understandably so.

#37 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:43 AM

You know, I honestly thought that putting Conklin in was for two reasons:

1. Just to give him some playing time in the Playoffs...blow some dust off. The lead was huge and the Blackhawks quit playing already.

2. To further demoralize the Hawks. Its like saying "hey, we already won the game....might as well just put in our backup goalie!". I have to wonder....

#38 drfnr14

drfnr14

OZZY, WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (evilmrt @ May 25, 2009 - 03:43AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You know, I honestly thought that putting Conklin in was for two reasons:

1. Just to give him some playing time in the Playoffs...blow some dust off. The lead was huge and the Blackhawks quit playing already.

2. To further demoralize the Hawks. Its like saying "hey, we already won the game....might as well just put in our backup goalie!". I have to wonder....

i thought the same at first, i was shocked to see conk in net, but babs let us know at the post game talks

#39 TSM

TSM

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:08 AM

There may be an underlying issue with Osgood behind all of the semantics, but there's no doubt that given the rowdy nature of the Blackhawks and the fact that their coach had no control of them, Babcock made the right move to sit Osgood in order to preserve his energy and his physical health. There's no doubt in my mind that someone (Probably Buttfuglyien) was going to take a run at him in the third.

Edited by TSM, 25 May 2009 - 03:17 AM.

QUOTE (DaKineMaui @ June 12, 2008 - 01:43AM)
I have nothing more on this then. 'If' Vladdy woulda stayed heathy, 'If" Stevie woulda stayed sound, who knows?
'If' my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. Who knows?
#19 ran this team.

#40 digitaljohn88

digitaljohn88

Sexy Wings!

• PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:30 AM

I think perhaps Babcock had just learned an important lesson... he watched us tear apart the Hawks rusty backup (Huet) who had not played in over a month. Why not give our backup a meaningless period incase Ozzy goes down for whatever reason? Shake the rust off Conklin, tell the press Ozzy was dehydrated. biggrin.gif