• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

Babs was asked at the press conference if he had pulled Ozzie to rest him. Babs laughed and said, "no, I'd never do that". Then he explained about the dehydration.

This could mean:
a) I didn't rest him; he was dehydrated.
b) I didn't rest him; I spared him from the chance that things could get ugly and he was dehydrated.
c) I didn't rest him; I wanted Conks to get some time in case we need him later and he was dehydrated.
d) I didn't rest him; I wanted to mess with Q/demoralize the Hawks and he was dehydrated.
e) all of the above.

The other thing I noticed from this and a previous presser was that Babs mispronounces Byfuglien. Intentional? Or is he a grad of Hooked on Phonics?

Edited by 55fan, 25 May 2009 - 04:32 AM.

#42 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ May 25, 2009 - 11:31AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Babs was asked at the press conference if he had pulled Ozzie to rest him. Babs laughed and said, "no, I'd never do that". Then he explained about the dehydration.

This could mean:
b) I didn't rest him; I spared him from the chance that things could get ugly and he was dehydrated.
c) I didn't rest him; I wanted Conks to get some time in case we need him later and he was dehydrated.
d) I didn't rest him; I wanted to mess with Q/demoralize the Hawks and he was dehydrated.
e) all of the above.

The other thing I noticed from this and a previous presser was that Babs mispronounces Byfuglien. Intentional? Or is he a grad of Hooked on Phonics?

According to an interview you can pronounce his name two different ways, babs used the rare one... the common one is of course "bufflin"

#43 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,891 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (mindfly @ May 25, 2009 - 05:33AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
According to an interview you can pronounce his name two different ways, babs used the rare one... the common one is of course "bufflin"

Really? I did not know both were correct. Thanks for the info.

#44 NomadFromKazoo

NomadFromKazoo

Kaz

• PipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (55fan @ May 25, 2009 - 05:31AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This could mean:
e) all of the above.

Ozzie said he was thirsty. Babcock said go to the drinking fountain...take your time...
Frank Herbert: Fear is the mind-killer

Groucho Marx: Sincerity is the key to success. If you can fake that, you've got it made

George Patton: If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking

Doctor Who: Don't turn your back, don't look away, and don't blink