Greetings from Pittsburgh

Rate this topic

The All-Time Playoff Leaders in Points per Game

#1 Gretzky 1.84

#2 Lemieux 1.61

#3 Crosby 1.41

#4 Malkin 1.32

#5 Messier 1.25

Wow. Talk about 5 great players who played their greatest when the stakes were the highest.

Haha... That's incredible!

Come back when the they have more then 100 Playoff games played, kthx

All I ask when it is all said and done...and Pittsburgh is holding that Cup. I would like the majority of you to admit you no absolutely nothing about hockey. You are disgracing the sport and your team. You clearly dont watch the EC if you think it's that weak.

I know I shouldn't bother with this clown...but DUDE...

The Penguins ran ROUGH SHOT over the Eastern Conference last year, and through two games against Detroit, couldnt score ONE goal...NOT ONE GOAL...It was the same story when we ran into the gang-buster Dallas Stars in the WCF...Morrow, the stud of their stable had like 1 shot on goal after the first two games...the Canes defense is a no-name squad FULL of 5-6 d-men and Cam Ward has gone **** up...your team DOES NOT scare us...

And as far as offense goes, WE had the most goals scored in the league this year...not the Penguins...the Red Wings...

Edited by Pasha13

Red Hot Pens team? I thought the Pens were a hotter team at this time last year. Didn't they only lose 1 or 2 playoff games before facing Detroit? I think so.

This year, they battled more adversity and it may have made them a bit stronger in that regard, but they didn't do a whole lot to upgrade themselves other than just the experience of last year. I'm not too worried. I was mostly worried about Anaheim, and I don't see how the Pens are better than Anaheim, honestly. If this were a Anaheim/Pens matchup, I'd pick Anaheim hands down to win the series.

Well, they do seem to be holding their own against Carolina, for what that is worth. I know they aren't the Ducks but still. They will be hungry after last year and with more experience as now they have been there. I do agree they have not had to face the same tough teams the Wings have. I mean the Flyers?, perennial chokes, and the young Capitals and Hurricanes? Their run is similar to the Blackhawks in the first two rounds.

Well, it is anyone's series, though I would go with the Wings on their depth and experience.

He's right, though.

The Pens have the luxury of playing in the defense-starved and generally pathetic Eastern Conference. They're about offense first and second -- and maybe third, if they can be bothered to put forth the effort needed to actually play solid team D (and even then, we're talking about the EC. That's borderline posturing compared to the kind of defensive battles you get with a series like the one the Wings just won against the Ducks).

The Pens ride three players. Fleury, who has done nothing to prove he's a legitimate elite goalie in this league, is counted on to compensate for weak team D. It works against EC teams. It won't work against the Wings. The two star forwards, both of which were thoroughly frustrated in last year's SFC, shouldn't scare the Wings. Despite what the pundits want the general hockey fan population to think, these two guys are not significantly improved from last season. The heartbreak of losing in the SCF doesn't somehow magically make someone leaps and bounds better one season later. They may be more reliable scorers (in the EC), and Crosby may have finally emerged from puberty. But that's not enough. Lest we forget, Malkin completely disappeared in the last SCF. Crosby scored a few times, but spent most of his time looking utterly frustrated. Hossa was the Pens' biggest scoring threat against the Wings. And now he's a Wing.

If I'm a Pens fan, I'm rooting my heart out for the 'hawks.

Also Pittsburgh struggled against Philly who has no defense at all. If Fleury dosen't make that save on Carter Philly take the series IMO. They struggled out of the gate against Washington then won 3 and then blew it at home. Remember this team is beatable and until its any different the Wings are still the champs. I for one wanted Pittsburgh.

Well, they do seem to be holding their own against Carolina, for what that is worth. I know they aren't the Ducks but still. They will be hungry after last year and with more experience as now they have been there. I do agree they have not had to face the same tough teams the Wings have. I mean the Flyers?, perennial chokes, and the young Capitals and Hurricanes? Their run is similar to the Blackhawks in the first two rounds.

Well, it is anyone's series, though I would go with the Wings on their depth and experience.

Carolina got hot plain and simple. Got hot and then cooled off. Jesus christ the way people are talking Pittsburgh has allready won the cup. Great fuel for the assholes on the Penguins message board.

Also Pittsburgh struggled against Philly who has no defense at all. If Fleury dosen't make that save on Carter Philly take the series IMO. They struggled out of the gate against Washington then won 3 and then blew it at home. Remember this team is beatable and until its any different the Wings are still the champs. I for one wanted Pittsburgh.

Also worth remembering: the Pens weren't getting talked up a whole lot a few weeks ago. That's because the East was looking like a four-way free-for-all. That is to say, the Pens weren't even necessarily the favorites to come out of the East until they went up on the 'canes 2-0. So, what, you expect people to buy the argument that the Pens are "TTLY THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE!"? I know Pens fans who weren't even sure their guys could beat the Bruins, let alone the Red Wings.

All I ask when it is all said and done...and Pittsburgh is holding that Cup. I would like the majority of you to admit you no absolutely nothing about hockey. You are disgracing the sport and your team. You clearly dont watch the EC if you think it's that weak.

Im sure you were saying the same thing last year as well too before the series started huh. I watch the Eastern Conference as much as the West. Pittsburgh struggled against a Philly team with No defense. Struggled against Washington and is beating up on a Carolina team who blew their nut too early. You act like the Penguins are unbeatable. Maybe when the wings win the cup again maybe just maybe you will break your computer moniter so we dont have to read you bulls*** anymore. BTW I hear your mom calling you for bed.

Guys and gals, on other boards I have a reputation as one of the greatest trolls of all time. I was one of the ones who helped get the Yahoo news comments turned off. Simply let this guy talk and talk and talk. He'll simply get tired of hearing his own voice. Then, when things start to go south in another week, you'll never see or hear from him or her again. EMALKIN certainly brings nothing new or cutting edge to the trolling game, just paragraph after paragraph of sixth grade material.

How do I know? I had an EMALKIN crying like a baby for an admin last year during the Final on the Pens board on ESPN. The middle school speech pattern sounds amazingly similar.

I agree we struggled. We have gotten better...and better every round. Only reason caps went to 7 games was bc of their goalie...not bc of Ovechkin though. We are handling our business and our D is tight. (minus hal gill) Also Detroit...if it werent for the first two games last year and how YOUNG and shell shocked our team was who knows what could have happened. Anyways... I GUARANTEE A PITTSBURGH VICTORY THIS YEAR.

If the Pens played the ducks we would have drawn so many penalties and scored so many more goals tbh. They are more physical than us but that's about it. Getzlaf and Perry wouldnt be a 2 man wrecking crew against the Pens like they were against you.

I agree we struggled. We have gotten better...and better every round. Only reason caps went to 7 games was bc of their goalie...not bc of Ovechkin though. We are handling our business and our D is tight. (minus hal gill) Also Detroit...if it werent for the first two games last year and how YOUNG and shell shocked our team was who knows what could have happened. Anyways... I GUARANTEE A PITTSBURGH VICTORY THIS YEAR.

Not because of Ovechkin eh? and we don't know anything about Hockey?? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Get a grip kid. If your team was going to win last year they would have and since they didn't that pretty much negates any theory you might have on what could have been. I guarantee that you're being a tool.

Also worth remembering: the Pens weren't getting talked up a whole lot a few weeks ago. That's because the East was looking like a four-way free-for-all. That is to say, the Pens weren't even necessarily the favorites to come out of the East until they went up on the 'canes 2-0. So, what, you expect people to buy the argument that the Pens are "TTLY THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE!"? I know Pens fans who weren't even sure their guys could beat the Bruins, let alone the Red Wings.

I was scared of the Penguins more last season because they had grit players. Blood and guts players like Malone, Roberts, Ruutu, and Whitney. Who do they have this year that compaire's to them.

If the Pens played the ducks we would have drawn so many penalties and scored so many more goals tbh. They are more physical than us but that's about it. Getzlaf and Perry wouldnt be a 2 man wrecking crew against the Pens like they were against you.

Guys like Marchant, Niedermayer, Pronger, etc would eat Malkin alive. And you kidding yourselve if you believe your Getzlaf comment, the difference between Zetterberg and Lidstrom to Crosby and Gonchar, at least defensively, is enormous. Getzlaf would push Sid off the Olympic team, he'd play THAT well. Perrys a ******, he and Matt Cooke would be good friends.

I was scared of the Penguins more last season because they had grit players. Blood and guts players like Malone, Roberts, Ruutu, and Whitney. Who do they have this year that compaire's to them.

Why, Sidney Crosby of course!

RNK NAME POS GP G A PTS +/- PIM ATOI HT BS SOG SPCT G A G A

1 Evgeni Malkin, PIT C 16 12 16 28 3 18 21:18 21 8 79 15.2 5 7 0 0

2 Sidney Crosby, PIT C 16 14 12 26 10 12 21:45 12 13 63 22.2 5 4 0 0

6 H. Zetterberg, DET C 14 7 9 16 11 4 22:11 24 11 48 14.6 1 2 0 0

49 Pavel Datsyuk, DET C 13 1 6 7 4 9 20:22 23 3 47 2.1 1 2 0 0

Damn... Zett and Dats are siiiick.

Thats why Ovechkin had 8 goals in the series. God you are a ******* Idiot