• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heroes of Hockeytown

Brian Campbell Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

Campbell is fantastic for us, and usually gets overlooked. Its hard to find someone with as many assists for us while wearing the other teams sweater. And by making such endearing statements as calling the Kron Wall "gutless", he has provided us all with great laughter at his expense. He really is generous to us Red Wings fans.

Priceless... Milbury & co. were pointing all of this stuff out too.

Bobby Orr revolutionised the way defenders played offensively. However, Brian Campbell's contribution towards changing the way defensemen will play in years to come cannot be overlooked. 20 years from now, we will look back and say that the move from positional play to a free-flowing, formless defensive game, where unpredictability is valued over sound positional play, was thanks to Mr. Campbell.

Keep it up, we're pulling for you and the new 'Chicago school' of defending.

He's worth of every penny of his salary.

And its nice of the Blackhawks to pick up the tab for our assist leader :), really classy. Some people will buy you a drink, some even dinner, but paying a guy $7mil to serve up the plays he has been for us all season. That is Peace Corp-esque generosity.

He makes Lidstrom money.

Just say that to yourself, and let it sink in.

Campbell, makes Lidstroms money.

Oh well, leading the Wings in assists ftw.

Holy cow...I had no idea he was on the hook for THAT much. He is a horrible defenseman....and I couldn't be happier to be facing him in the WCF...any way he can get traded to Pitt next week? ;)

I would totally chip in for that.

Dear Brian Campbell,

Thanks.

Love,

Red Wing Nation.

hahahahahaha i would love to sign the letter!

Isn't he the mother scratcher that threatened #55?

It wasn't even him threatening Kronwall. It was more, "I know people who're gonna give it to him, but I'm going to be minding my own business turning the puck over and securing the ice outside of our zone. But those other people! They're gonna be let loose!"

Just a shout out to Brian Campbell for the tremendous series he's having. Right up there with Ozzie, Sammy, and Cleary as Wings' series MVP. :thumbup:

Gutless Effort Award

Sara Lee "Turnover of the Year" award

Just a shout out to Brian Campbell for the tremendous series he's having. Right up there with Ozzie, Sammy, and Cleary as Wings' series MVP. :thumbup:

Has any one Wing does as much at BC? I'm with you, he's been outstanding. Thanks Brian! The endless mistakes, the ugly turnovers, costing the Hawks game 2 and then giving us a nice backbreaker goal today. Not to mention motivating the team with statements that are both deeply retarded and ***. We could have done it without you, Brian, but thanks for the help anyway! :clap:

Hey Brian Campbell... don't sweat it, man! Keep up the good work!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Guest Shoreline

Campbell's -3 was probably Kronwall's fault for being too gutless.

Holy cow...I had no idea he was on the hook for THAT much. He is a horrible defenseman....and I couldn't be happier to be facing him in the WCF...any way he can get traded to Pitt next week? ;)

They're on the hook for his $7.14 million until the end of 2015-16. And Huet gets $5.625 million for three more years.

On the other hand, starting on Thursday, they can play Chelsea Dagger on s***ty ghetto blasters all summer long for free, to remember the good days this spring when they could beat an NHL team for four games.