• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukianDeak

Game 4 Refs

Rate this topic

I wanted to come out and say that these were the best ref's we have seen all playoffs. They made good calls no matter what, Q says. They kept a handle on things when they got rough and were not afraid to hand out 10 minute Misconducts. There are always going to be missed calls but I thought these refs did a great job calling penalties...

They showed early in the game that they wouldnt allow any cheap shots. Chicago just couldnt adapt.

It's funny how big an impact Kronner's hit on Havlat had.

The hawks fans that I know thought the refs called a horrible game. For the most part, the end result of the game makes a big difference. If the Wings had lost this game, then there would be scores of Wings fans bitching about the lack of calls.

I guess I know too many hardcore fans of both teams. Neither sides fans are going to be happy unless their team gets a 20-1 power play advantage.

The hawks fans that I know thought the refs called a horrible game. For the most part, the end result of the game makes a big difference. If the Wings had lost this game, then there would be scores of Wings fans bitching about the lack of calls.

I guess I know too many hardcore fans of both teams. Neither sides fans are going to be happy unless their team gets a 20-1 power play advantage.

perfectly said!

We wings fans bitched about Game 3 while hawks fans did so for Game 4. I don't get it. Who's right? Or is it not a matter of "Who's right?" but rather "Whatever benefits your team"? The officiating must really suck to create such a disparity.

We wings fans bitched about Game 3 while hawks fans did so for Game 4. I don't get it. Who's right? Or is it not a matter of "Who's right?" but rather "Whatever benefits your team"? The officiating must really suck to create such a disparity.

Clearly we are right. :D

:beerbuddy: from me to the Refs today too. I can understand missed calls here and there, they're human, it happens. Mostly I like to see them protect the players when they have to and keep them safe. I don't mind the rough stuff, but there's a point where it crosses the line. I think Chicago today crossed the line. Hopefully those brats on the Black Hawks got the message and will stay civil for Game 5.

I thought they were a wee bit off on the early Zetterberg call (Buttfuglian should have also gotten 2 PIM) as well as the Walker call (aka the worst call ever according to coach retard) and missed a couple obvious penalties, Kronwall's stick getting dislodged and flung 10 feet into the air comes to mind, but as a whole did a good job and really quelled what could have been an absolute disaster. I admire any officiating crew that can impose their will on a game, keep order, and actually make a positive difference when the Kiddy Hawks became unglued and tried turning the game into a never ending street brawl.

We wings fans bitched about Game 3 while hawks fans did so for Game 4. I don't get it. Who's right?

Its not about right and wrong, its about ramifications of the mistakes made. The difference is, assuming both complaints are true: Game 4, Wings possibly score one less goal in a one-sided blow out where had they tried 100% all game long could have probably ran the score up to 8-1 the way Chicago practically melt down. Game 3, Wings assert some momentum in the 1st instead of spending more then half the period on the PK and keep one of their top TIO players to what I feel could have won them the game as close as it was and all of a sudden the Wings would be wrapping up a sweep right now.

I like to think that I can tell when my team is playing bad, a Hawks fan should be able to tell their team is being a buncha sissy headed goons.

Take game 3 against Anaheim, up until that waved off goal I was sorely dissapointed with the teams collective performance.

Yes the call was bad and it deserved to go to OT, but we just sucked in that game.

It's not hard to see when you're team is just not doing things right, the penalties today were lopsided on account of the Hawks being ****** bags (except maybe the 'worste call in history' at the end of the first, but that's one out of like 10 bad penalties.)

I'm a little tick that one Blackhawk player that hit Val in the face and the puck being nowhere near him only got a 2 minute interference call and not a 10 minute game misconducted.

I'm not going ot say the wings never take cheap shots, but it's extremely rare that the Wings ever goon it up like Chicago did today. The wings are intersted in playing the game like it shoudl be played. When the league came out with changing the rules and deciding to call interference closely, the wings went away from the 'dirtier players' and picked up skilled players to anticipate the more skilled game of hockey.

I'm just thankful the refs didn't try to even up the minutes like they typically do. It was clear to me that they were trying to protect the red wings a bit by at times being quick on the calls to prevent things from getting out of hand.

The hawks fans that I know thought the refs called a horrible game.

I've noticed you really like this angle.

The refs weren't stellar today; they made some soft calls, let some stuff go. Overall, not so bad. They did do a good job of keeping things under control.

The best thing about the refs is they set the standards early. They let the both teams know that any sort of late hit or away-from-the-play sitaution was going to result in a penalty. When Eager and Versteeg tried to stir some things up, they did a good job getting them off the ice.

Guest Shoreline

WTF? Appreciate the reffing this season and previous season to that? f*** that. Kiss my ass, refs.

Guest Shoreline
The OP was regarding Game 4 specifically.

Game 4 does not erase the last few seasons of absolutely mediocre reffing.

WTF? Appreciate the reffing this season and previous season to that? f*** that. Kiss my ass, refs.

That's the whole reason why a well-officiated game gets a thread.

It's like Lidstrom mooning the crowd during the National Anthem- if it happened once, people would notice and it would get its own thread.

Reffing, imo, was far better than it has been. Refs did a good job keeping the game in control, because believe me, it could have been much uglier. There are always going to be missed/weak calls, but it happens. I can't believe I am going to say this, but I can't really complain about the reffing today :blush: