• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mru22

Win or Lose

Rate this topic

I think its safe to say this is the best run of any sports team over a 10+ year period since the San Francisco 49ers who won both at the beginning of the 80's and in the 90's.

And really Not since the Chicago Bulls has a team been so dominant in my opinion

I realize the patriots had 3 in 4 years and close to a perfect season but the Wings have been doing it consistently with different players and different coaches. The Bulls could not win without Jordan and Jackson. The patriots could not win without Brady but the Niners won with Joe and Steve.

For the record i hate the niners LOL, and unfortunately Hockey is not as popular as Football or Basketball but win or lose in the finals this year I think it is safe to say we have witnessed a dynasty that might have mostly gone unnoticed due to the sport's lack op popularity.

Thoughts everyone ?

Yeah, but then you are dragging pre-lockout results into the post lockout world. While dominate in both, I think those are different eras and not really connected.

So, pre lockout we had 3 in 6 years which plaes behind the NYI with 4 in a row, the Oilers of the 80s and the Canadiens of the 70s. We could, however, become the first post lockout team to go back-to-back, and that's a big deal.

I am, however, willing to be convinved we are a dynasty. :)

Yeah, but then you are dragging pre-lockout results into the post lockout world. While dominate in both, I think those are different eras and not really connected.

So, pre lockout we had 3 in 6 years which plaes behind the NYI with 4 in a row, the Oilers of the 80s and the Canadiens of the 70s. We could, however, become the first post lockout team to go back-to-back, and that's a big deal.

I am, however, willing to be convinved we are a dynasty. :)

I think it makes it even more impressive that the team has continued to be just as succesful after the lockout.

Really shows the strenght of the organization, top to bottom.

I don't know if the Wings are a dynasty, per se, but they are consistently the best, and currently the closest to a dynasty a salary cap can allow.

And that is even more impressive. Stupid baseball has no cap and the Donkey Yanks still cant win with all that money.. I thought when Steve retired it would be years before seeing another cup. Boy was I wrong :)