• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
fluffyvee

If Scotty was coaching...

Rate this topic

You guys think if Scotty was coaching the young Hawks that this series would be going much differently? He DID know the Wings organization inside/out, and he would know the weak spots of Lidstrom (if any).

Go WINGS!

I don't see how if he was coaching it would make much of a difference. We have to beat the team, not their coach. They'd still be young and undisciplined even with someone like Bowman on the bench and the vets we have on our side wouldn't allow themselves to get rattled at the thought of him selling out "trade secrets" or weaknesses.

I was wondering more about whether or not a coach has actually THAT much influence on a game. Scotty, knowing the Wings so well, and coaching all these youngsters against the powerhouse Red Wings, would he be able to do THAT much better, and it wouldn't have to necessarily be just Scotty. If any coach for that matter could make such a noticeable impact, I just happen to feel that Scotty would be the best option.

-Missin Bykov, wish he was still part of the team

Guest Shoreline
I was wondering more about whether or not a coach has actually THAT much influence on a game. Scotty, knowing the Wings so well, and coaching all these youngsters against the powerhouse Red Wings, would he be able to do THAT much better, and it wouldn't have to necessarily be just Scotty. If any coach for that matter could make such a noticeable impact, I just happen to feel that Scotty would be the best option.

-Missin Bykov, wish he was still part of the team

The only thing worth noting is wherever Scotty goes to coach, teams win cups. That's more than one could even say for Gretzky at that. I would say it's obvious a coach has "THAT" much influence.

The only thing worth noting is wherever Scotty goes to coach, teams win cups. That's more than one could even say for Gretzky at that. I would say it's obvious a coach has "THAT" much influence.

True, good point, well i hope for an early retirement for Mr. Bowman from the Blackhawks organization.

Guest Shoreline
True, good point, well i hope for an early retirement for Mr. Bowman from the Blackhawks organization.

I doubt he's doing much -- besides getting a front row seat at the Quenneville theater.

Scotty may have been able to make this a 2 - 2 series going into game five, buts its hard to say if the match-ups he would design would be much different. He would likely have gotten a few veteran players before the deadline, but one cannot speculate about that so much.

The reason I think the series could be tied right now, is that Scotty also had a good eye for special teams play, and possibly could make a three to two game for instead of against, but working the special teams better (preventing stupid penalties)...

The biggest difference I can think of is that Scotty would not have gone into the presser and complained about the refs.

Perhaps there'd have been fewer penalties taken by the Hawks later on in the game. That's hard to tell. Some people will be stupid and there's no stopping them.

Perhaps there'd have been fewer penalties taken by the Hawks later on in the game.

Oh you know it. Scotty wouldn't have taken that crap that the Hawks pulled in the 2nd half of the game, especially the 3rd period. Heads would have ROLLED, and the very fact that the players knew this would have helped. I didn't want the Hawks to win, but come on.....that was embarrassing for the entire organization, including Q and the coaching staff, who are responsible for alot of the psychological and mental aspects of the game.

1. it would never happen

2. scotty is old news for the wings, our players are diffrent, and our "secrets" are no longer secrets

3. scotty just gets to sit back and realizes hes on the wrong teams staff

sorry scotty, i loved ya as our coach but as staff on an opponents team i hate ya!

The biggest difference I can think of is that Scotty would not have gone into the presser and complained about the refs.

Perhaps there'd have been fewer penalties taken by the Hawks later on in the game. That's hard to tell. Some people will be stupid and there's no stopping them.

Scotty had absolutely no problem benching a player who did something stupid. I'd say first of all, any player who played for him would be afraid to get a dumb penalty. Secondly, they wouldn't likely get a chance to get a second dumb penalty in a game like yesterday's.