• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HockeytownRules19

Avs offer Head Coach, GM position to Patrick Roy

Rate this topic

Stupidest thing I've heard in a long while.

In this day of running an NHL team with all its complexities AND the coach ... and with someone who has no experience in either on that level ??? What are they thinking?

Good that they will be bottom feeders for a good long while if this happens.

You know, the Avs should invest in a rodeo clown to ride the Zamboni during intermissions. I mean, if they're making their team a circus, might as well go whole-hog. Maybe a bear riding a unicycle and squirting people in the face with seltzer.

We can also plan on enjoying Wah's pratfalls, mental though they may be.

Kind of, he did deny a formal offer.

Another day, another report tying Patrick Roy to the Colorado Avalanche.

French news Web site ruefrontenac.com, citing sources, reported Sunday that Roy was offered both the GM and head coaching jobs by Avs president Pierre Lacroix.

There has been rampant speculation ever since Roy went to Denver earlier this month to meet with Lacroix.

"It's all rumors right now, people are speculating," Roy told ESPN.com Monday. "As I told you before, yes I spoke with Pierre Lacroix and he asked me what my intentions were in my career going forward. But I have not had any formal offers from the Colorado Avalanche.

"Nothing has changed since the last time I spoke to you," he said.

I wonder who this whistle blower is on the Avs that keeps coming out with all these rumors surrounding the Avs and Roy?

Holee Crap.. imagine the meltdowns... I think it's a bad idea for the avs, but I'm sure it would be hella funny for Wings fans...

Any truth to the rumor that the Avs have invested in military grade steel doors and hinges?

the_shining_movie_image_jack_nicholson__1_.jpg

Kind of, he did deny a formal offer.

I wonder who this whistle blower is on the Avs that keeps coming out with all these rumors surrounding the Avs and Roy?

Yet scores of fans continue to believe it. How about we just wait for an official notification instead of all these speculative rumors?

The Avs are really struggling right now, but I don't think Roy is the answer. I am an Avs fan and it has been really tough to see them struggle these past couple of seasons.... we need someone with some real NHL coaching experience.

Not all Avs fans would be thrilled with this, let me assure you of that. We have not enjoyed watching our team go down the toilet while they trade away good players and make stupid decisions... it's hard to watch.

The Avs are really struggling right now, but I don't think Roy is the answer. I am an Avs fan and it has been really tough to see them struggle these past couple of seasons.... we need someone with some real NHL coaching experience.

Not all Avs fans would be thrilled with this, let me assure you of that. We have not enjoyed watching our team go down the toilet while they trade away good players and make stupid decisions... it's hard to watch.

I feel for you. I don't want Colorado to be a constant threat to the Wings again, but I definitely don't wish this kind of suffering on them. I'd rather they still played some spirited games against us instead of rolling over :(

I guess the only way you can really justify the suffering is to remind yourself of the quality of draft picks you've lined yourself up for. You guys should get someone really good this year at least.

I feel for you. I don't want Colorado to be a constant threat to the Wings again, but I definitely don't wish this kind of suffering on them. I'd rather they still played some spirited games against us instead of rolling over :(

I guess the only way you can really justify the suffering is to remind yourself of the quality of draft picks you've lined yourself up for. You guys should get someone really good this year at least.

good stuff on nhl network right now