• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drummerboyyy!

Hockey is Hockey, Dumb is Dumb

Rate this topic

If any of the next games turn out like game 4 did, with the lopsided calls and favoritism toward Detroit (which we know will happen), here is what needs to happen in order for this to stop....

All 5 blackhawk players need to just drop the gloves and beat the detroit players. Let them call 5 game misconducts. The next face-off, do the same, with maybe some slashes to the knees. Continue this until the game has to be forfeited, the chance of beating them when the refs are siding with them is near impossible anyway. But the key is to injure thier team, so the much anticipated SC rematch is ruined.

At the press conference, say "WE play these guys 8 times a year, we see what happens, and we are tired of playing on uneven ice. Since you (Bettman and Wolkom) turn a blind eye to this, We felt like we need to expose this injustice to the rest of the league."

Kind of like, nothing will happen until someone dies, well maybe someone will have to die in order for people to make changes.

This was posted on one of the Chicago Forums. It speaks for itself. :blink:

Guest Shoreline

I think someone on the Hartford Whalers or Winnipeg Jets forum said something about getting new shoelaces. Here's the quote:

Hay guys, I just got new shoelaces, thought I'd share

:o

I just read that myself and was appalled but not surprised. I'm sure he's upset about the officiating because it wasn't in favor of the Hawks, as it was in Game #3. I'm sure not one Hawks fan complained about the officiating in Game #3. Immature fans that cheer for an immature team.

Guest Shoreline
I just thought the post was a goofy read. Sorry it bothered you.

Try not to post it next time. I was so bothered I ended up punching a hole in my monitor and ruined my chances of a summer monitor tan. :ranting:

I just read that myself and was appalled but not surprised. I'm sure he's upset about the officiating because it wasn't in favor of the Hawks, as it was in Game #3. I'm sure not one Hawks fan complained about the officiating in Game #3. Immature fans that cheer for an immature team.

I understand his dislike for the officiating. What I found amusing was the way he chose to solve the problem. I find it hard to believe that he is serious. At least I hope not.

Guest Shoreline
Smartass!

Now you're getting it! :lol:

Edited by Shoreline

Why do these stupid fans (no matter the team) think there's some league-wide conspiracy to give the Wings an added "boost" by having the refs call the other team more strict? Isn't that an insult to our team's talent that people think we have to cheat or get outside help to win?

What a bunch of wackaloons.

Why do these stupid fans (no matter the team) think there's some league-wide conspiracy to give the Wings an added "boost" by having the refs call the other team more strict? Isn't that an insult to our team's talent that people think we have to cheat or get outside help to win?

What a bunch of wackaloons.

Why? Because they are non-objective fans of their teams. A lot, if not most, on this board are no different. We all think there is some conspiracy to give the other team playing the Wings an added boost, especially if it's the Pens in the final, if both the Wings and Pens make it.

Why? Because they are non-objective fans of their teams. A lot, if not most, on this board are no different. We all think there is some conspiracy to give the other team playing the Wings an added boost, especially if it's the Pens in the final, if both the Wings and Pens make it.

If you [universal] think there is a conspiracy to jack the Wings in any shape, form or size.......you're a macadamia. The reffing sucks. For everyone. There is no underground lair where the refs are gathering around a hologram of Gary Bettman as he reads off a list of instructions. There are no hidden codes or hand signals, there are no checks under the table, there is no hush money.

The refs just flat out suck. They missed calls on us, they missed calls on the other team. THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY.

Edited by Electrophile

Guest Shoreline

It's certainly going to suck to hear more bitching about Crosby getting attention if both teams do make it to the Finals. And IF both teams make it there, I'd want the Wings to sweep to avoid the inevitable "ZOMG BETTMAN LUVS CROSBY" s*** that would surely happen after every loss that occurs.

OMG that's totally stupid... I'm sure the Black Hawks will think it's a great idea and do that as soon as the first puck drops on Wednesday. It's a good thing that fans are only fans because that person is a loon.

There are some good Hawks fans out there - this was taken off their main board....

Versteeg Cult Me

The Blackhawks came out for the start of the game dead. When I saw Cambell give up that 3-1 breakaway for the Short Hander in the first period I wanted to vomit. You can attempt to blame one terrible call for the entire game, but when it comes down to it, the Blackhawks played like garbage and deserved to get their butts kicked in by the best team in the NHL.

And you want these guys to pick fights, like they are the Flyers? Know what I want these guys to do? To play solid competitive hockey like they did in games 2 and 3. To take the Wings into overtime, like they did in games 2 and 3.

What I really would love them to do is play to their talent and pressure the Wings for 3 straight total periods for 60 minutes without let down. They can do this too because they are the younger fresher team, but from yesterday I doubt their mental toughness. That is the only Difference between the Hawks and the Red Wings, the Wings are disciplined mentally. I thought the Hawks had this discipline with all the Comebacks verse the Canucks, but I guess I was wrong.

If you want to blame the Refs for the Hawks being weak mentally in game 4, then fine. But the real reason the Hawks lost is because they did not show up at all and embarrassed themselves as professional hockey players. They let the Havlat hit, the Wings having stars out, a bad call, and their own hype get into their heads.

Hopefully they can learn from this mistake and do something about it this year. They better learn from this mistake by the post season next year.

They have the ability and skill, but do they have the mental toughness?

Badgerboy1848

I think its so damn funny that we gave flames, and nuck fans so much s***e when they blamed the refs. Yet here we are doing the same thing. Please dont make excuses, it makes us no better, then the crying biatchs in calgary and vancouver.

Since we all know that everything we see in print is true, the Wings must be prepared for this.

Starting lineup: Kindl, Ericsson, McCarty, Downey, Abdelkader. I have no idea if Kindl can fight or not, but if he loses and is out for the game, he's expendable. The others will win their matchups. Ozzie takes on Huet.

Second lineup (next faceoff): Kronner, Cheli, Homer, Mule, Cleary. They can all take the beating. Conks takes out Crawford through pure intimidation.

After 10 of the Blackhawks are thrown out of the game, we play their remaining 8 skaters with Lids and Raffy on D (and any others who survived the fights and beatings with sticks), and Dats-Z-Sammy and Flip-Hossa-Huds as the other forward lines. Howard gets the W against the injured Habby or their 4th line goalie, whichever Q chooses to play.

Q ruptures a blood vessel; Babs chews gum and drinks Dasani.

Edited by 55fan

Before game 4, I was impressed with Chicago. Liked what they had to offer as a team. After what I witnessed in game 4, I am just disappointed. After challenging Detroit to two overtimes, I thought they were for real. Q knows the wings franchise well. It is hard to believe a coach in NHL with his experience would back that kind of play as a game plan. Especially against a team that just beat the Ducks. See my point? He must have nightmares about the Winged Wheel running him over repeatedly.