Guest mindfly

Red Wings' Nickas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk not skating

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...strom_pave.html

Red Wings' Nickas Lidstrom, Pavel Datsyuk not skating

by Ansar Khan

Tuesday May 26, 2009, 11:10 AM

Quick update from the start of practice Tuesday: Nicklas Lidstrom (lower-body injury) and Pavel Datsyuk (bruised foot) are not skating, in addition to Kris Draper (pulled groin), who already had been ruled out of Game 5 Wednesday. Will update after practice.

Bruce says this

The Red Wings are on the ice for their Tuesday practice and the recently injured players are not out there. No Nick Lidstrom (lower body). No Pavel Datsyuk (foot). No Kris Draper (groin). (Although Draper was already listed as being out for Game 5, he's still not ready for practice.

The practice lines are the same as Game 4 ...

Franzen-Zetterberg-Hudler

Holmstrom-Filppula-Hossa

Cleary-Helm-Samuelsson

Leino-Abdelkader-Maltby

Ericsson-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Chelios

Meech-Lilja

Osgood

Conklin

Also on the ice are some of the Wings GR callups — Jimmy Howard, Darren McCarty, Jakub Kindl, Aaron Downey.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly

It's just, Pavel got a shot on his skate, and he finished the game, he didnt seem bothered by it.. and now he missed 2 games and probably a 3rd... hate to say it but i doubt a canadian would have done the same... :P

It's just, Pavel got a shot on his skate, and he finished the game, he didnt seem bothered by it.. and now he missed 2 games and probably a 3rd... hate to say it but i doubt a canadian would have done the same... :P

Yeah, but Babcock likes to give the superstars ridiculous amounts of time off. I'm sure if last game would've gone poorly, he'd be throwing Datsyuk in there. It seems to me he's got a "better safe than sorry" attitude about our players injuries and he'll give them massive amounts of time off.

Keep 'em out of the lineup. Take no chances of anyone getting hurt worse and only dress them if we are in dire straits of losing the series which doesn't appear likely.

Guest mindfly
Yeah, but Babcock likes to give the superstars ridiculous amounts of time off. I'm sure if last game would've gone poorly, he'd be throwing Datsyuk in there. It seems to me he's got a "better safe than sorry" attitude about our players injuries and he'll give them massive amounts of time off.

Maybe.... pavel can make up for this in his return by scoring a hat trick and set up 2 goals....he would be all forgiven for his choking thus far :P

Maybe.... pavel can make up for this in his return by scoring a hat trick and set up 2 goals....he would be all forgiven for his choking thus far :P

Pavs can be my BFF if he gets me free Arbys.

Plenty of times when a player takes a shot to the foot they're able to finish the game. However, once they take their skate off it generally swells up instantly and massively.

I'm so sick of people on this site questioning players' toughness. Yes, there are some cream puffs in the NHL, but Dats has never given the impression he's one of them.

Plenty of times when a player takes a shot to the foot they're able to finish the game. However, once they take their skate off it generally swells up instantly and massively.

I'm so sick of people on this site questioning players' toughness. Yes, there are some cream puffs in the NHL, but Dats has never given the impression he's one of them.

+10

Sometimes I wonder how many people out there remember how injuries work.

Plus, it's worth noting that the only way a day-to-day player would be skating on off days is if he's healed, needs to check where he's at physically or is losing his conditioning.

Isn't the Arby's promo over now because FSD no longer covers hockey.

I figured it would last until the Wings were done.

Ah well, there's still the Tigers hitting three home runs I can watch for.

Yeah but just cuz they're not skating means nothing. They do that all the time....injured players take the time off from practice then show their faces in the next game....could just be more resting time for them

I'm gonnag o ahead and be the first (unless someone else already brought it up) to say that our first NHL consipiracy to get the Pens every opportunity to win the finals is happening. We hear that our 2 best players are out, and the league suddenly wants to move the start date up to Saturday, AND have back to back games here. Hmmm. Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd?

I think teams that finish their series early EARN that rest off.

I'm gonnag o ahead and be the first (unless someone else already brought it up) to say that our first NHL consipiracy to get the Pens every opportunity to win the finals is happening. We hear that our 2 best players are out, and the league suddenly wants to move the start date up to Saturday, AND have back to back games here. Hmmm. Doesn't that strike anyone else as odd?

I think teams that finish their series early EARN that rest off.

They want to move it up because their last schedule ended on the 16th, which was a day later then possible, because the league said at the beginning of the year, the season is over on the 15th no matter what.

Are you serious? Have you ever had a fracture or broken bone in your foot. Once you take your shoe off and it swells, you're not getting it back on for a while. I also seriously can't believe that you're suggesting that Pavel's ethnicity has something to do with why he's not returning just yet. That's disgustingly ridiculous and you don't hate to say it or you wouldn't have said it. Something has been wrong with Pav for a while now, that should be obvious. Do you honestly believe that he doesn't want to be out there playing and scoring goals? Jeezus.

They want to move it up because their last schedule ended on the 16th, which was a day later then possible, because the league said at the beginning of the year, the season is over on the 15th no matter what.

And what if both of these WCF and ECF series went 7? How are they going to cram a 7 game series into 10 days if they were to start on June 5? If they were going to cram it somehow by playing a couple pairs of back to back games, then do that, but give the teams the rest, they've earned it.

I'm sorry, but I call BS. Just another thing to benefit the pens.

Really? what about all those regular season games that Pavel didn't play in because he was lazy and not tough enough to play with some bruises?

oh wait.. he only missed one game, and that was because of a stupid suspension.

If Pavel can get his foot down in his skate tomorrow, he's going to play.

Really? what about all those regular season games that Pavel didn't play in because he was lazy and not tough enough to play with some bruises?

oh wait.. he only missed one game, and that was because of a stupid suspension.

If Pavel can get his foot down in his skate tomorrow, he's going to play.

You do realize I was making fun of those that question Dats' toughness, right? I wasn't one of them.