• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zion

HE TOUCHED IT!

Rate this topic

Or, even better... :P

Thank you; that is not even better, that is even best!

I dragged out my some of my old "DRW Media Guides". In the 1995-96 Guide, there is a picture of The Captain holding the CC Bowl up in the air. As I remember, he took it for a trip around the JLA ice. Keep in mind, the Club was then going to the SC Final for the first time since 1966, after beating Chicago in Game 5 in 2OT, so he could have been excused for getting caught up in moment. There was a lot of talk after they were swept (more like bad officiating) about what was done and that they were cursed from that point on. The next three times after that, I think that after the obligatory photos were taken, he picked it up and headed straight to the dressing room.

Finally, during the EC Final, I heard it said the Crosby is very superstitious

What year is that picture of Yzerman from? Because he touched it in 96 and promised to never touch it again after they were swept by the devils... Lidstrom wont touch it this year, or any wing for that matter. Crosby is fried for touching it...

That is from 2002. I don't believe he touched it in '97 or '98.

If I remember right, after they took pictures he just picked it up and carried it into the room.

Most years, they take the picture and leave it on the table.

I kinda laughed at Crosby since he picked it up and was carrying it around and got Malkin and Gonchar in there for some pictures with it.